United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
It wouldn’t make a difference who they have because the outcome will always be the same. The gulf in terms of opposition they face weekly against what they come up against in the champions league will always catch them out at some point. They’re no different to the Celtic and Rangers teams of the last 30-40 years in that respect.
France does have some good teams tbh

Lyon put City out of the Covid champions league not so long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
did well, respected what he did for them at the time but felt like they bottled it in 2016.
Didn't see the CL final against the dippers but from what I gather they weren't really in that game.

there's a big open question there.

but then again klopp was famous for losing finals once, so there is a chance he could come good.
That and the fact Liverpool we’re miles better than Spurs at that point in time.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:12 AM
ZiggyStardust

I wouldn’t give much praise to Poch if he won the CL this season with PSG as it would only be due to the talent of the players as you can’t as a manager actually coach them

Conversely I can’t give Poch much criticism if he fails with PSG in CL this season for the same reason

Much like with Tuchel you can’t judge a head coach based off what he does (or is allowed to do) there