United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Baron

Default Re: How worried are you about Ferguson retiring?

I've known nothing else, so it's a head-£#%&! to consider a change.

Will he go upstairs & be a pain in the arse for the next manager? Could he keep his nose out if that were the case, even if he wanted to just sit around with the Racing Post?

It seems inconceivable that United wouldn't retain his services, ambassadorial a la Sir Bobby... or on the board as an advisor (*chuckle*) etc...

Dunno. Safe to say the infrastructure of the club is monumentally different to when he arrived. The youth set-up, the culture, the training facilities, scouting & tie ups with other clubs & the medi.. maybe scratch that bit... The whole set-up, it doesn't call for a "new Fergie". It calls for a man who can look after the first team affairs, & maybe Fergie himself can keep an eye on the rest?

It's why I'd consider Mourinho almost the only candidate, he's loopy enough to think he's capable (he clearly is, given his trophy haul & record of not losing a home league game for 9 £#%&!ing years across 4 leagues ) but mainly because he wants to coach, rather than build a club. The work is already done, he just needs to stand on the shoulders of a giant...

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:16 AM
andyroo

I just want number 19 first.

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
more worried about how I'm going to explain the disappearance of the leather hippo I got for christmas tbh

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:22 AM
dunk

'Leather Hippo'?

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up Re: How worried are you about Ferguson retiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

It's why I'd consider Mourinho almost the only candidate, he's loopy enough to think he's capable (he clearly is, given his trophy haul & record of not losing a home league game for 9 £#%&!ing years across 4 leagues ) but mainly because he wants to coach, rather than build a club. The work is already done, he just needs to stand on the shoulders of a giant...
I've yet to see any argument for anyone else that comes close to Mourinho tbph hippo

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
'Leather Hippo'?
cockney slang for Gimp Mask

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:30 AM
elephantstone

it keeps me awake.....I even wake up in the middle of the night and I have to go down stairs make a brew and compose myself.

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Ginners

not really arsed

we will get a top class manager in, sucess will continue.

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:32 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
it keeps me awake.....I even wake up in the middle of the night and I have to go down stairs make a brew and compose myself.

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:45 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
It'll bring a new experience to a lot of united supporters. The new boss in charge, the question marks over whether they're good enough to take over from Ferguson. We sure as hell won't have a manager that lasts another 20+ years, I just hope we don't get the 5 managerial changes in 6 years or whatever Chelsea/Liverpool have.

It'll be a depressing experience for me personally, and a strange and unnerving one too.
Losing.

Unread 13-01-2011, 12:16 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I've known nothing else, so it's a head-£#%&! to consider a change.

Will he go upstairs & be a pain in the arse for the next manager? Could he keep his nose out if that were the case, even if he wanted to just sit around with the Racing Post?

It seems inconceivable that United wouldn't retain his services, ambassadorial a la Sir Bobby... or on the board as an advisor (*chuckle*) etc...

Dunno. Safe to say the infrastructure of the club is monumentally different to when he arrived. The youth set-up, the culture, the training facilities, scouting & tie ups with other clubs & the medi.. maybe scratch that bit... The whole set-up, it doesn't call for a "new Fergie". It calls for a man who can look after the first team affairs, & maybe Fergie himself can keep an eye on the rest?

spot on. what i was going to post earlier but i couldn't be arsed.

assuming fergie will still have some role within the club, the manager is going to have to be someone who can maintain a good working relationship with fergie (there needs to be a mutual respect) but also has enough of an ego about them not to feel in sir alex's shadow.

i really can't think of any alternatives to big jose. hope he brings ronnie.

Unread 13-01-2011, 12:29 PM
borsuk

only one man can get the instant respect of the squad after fergie

Spoiler:
click to showhide

click to showhide

Unread 13-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Spoiler:
click to showhide

click to showhide
Bang out of order that YSB. Mickey is a Jaffa, he wears those shorts in a futile attempt to cool his ballbag.

Unread 13-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Spoiler:
click to showhide

click to showhide

Unread 13-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Really? You seem to criticise him an awful lot for someone who is terrified of seeing the back of him

Not having a pop, just a little suprised
I don't criticise fergie. not his fault we're skint.

Unread 13-01-2011, 02:07 PM
GalwayRed

To be honest, I'd get rid of him.

Unread 13-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalwayRed
Didn't see that one coming.

Unread 13-01-2011, 02:09 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Didn't see that one coming.
I saw him coming - from bluemoon.

Unread 13-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I saw him coming - from bluemoon.
Meant the Galway bit.

Unread 13-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalwayRed
Micky Phelan?
Closed Thread