United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2020, 02:31 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You were wrong, pal. It's being proven by Pogba every week now, which must be killing you.

Take your L and stick to telling us 'riveting' stories about how you once changed shorts at Old Trafford.
Killing me? Yeah, hate united being decent again. Embarrassing shantz.

No idea what your last sentence is about.

Unread 07-07-2020, 03:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Insane that fans would prefer to have players that want to play for the club over players who have repeatedly made it known that they want to leave. It’s really difficult to fathom out the logic with some people.

And what’s more, those same fans are suggesting that the money received from the pog sale could then used to buy players like Bruno who actually want to play for the club. I mean, wtf?

Some of those same fans are even suggesting that Bruno was bought in the expectation that pogba would be leaving, or at least an insurance policy if he did. #@&%!s.

Also, they’re suggesting the only reason pogba hasn’t left is that no club has the money (especially now) or is prepared to take on the hassle of a under performing arrogant @#%&! with a stratospheric ego and a @#%&! of an agent. That he’s only putting in a shift now because he has literally no other options.
Yes. Nothing is written in stone, but the shift is in his court not ours. So far so good, but a very brief sample size thus far.

Unread 07-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yes. Nothing is written in stone, but the shift is in his court not ours. So far so good, but a very brief sample size thus far.
This. I'm far from convinced it's all rosey again. Happy to enjoy while it lasts, but fully expect his wibbly wobbly agent to start piping up soon and get concentration levels to drop.

Unread 07-07-2020, 03:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This. I'm far from convinced it's all rosey again. Happy to enjoy while it lasts, but fully expect his wibbly wobbly agent to start piping up soon and get concentration levels to drop.
Enjoying it? Not killing you then?

Unread 07-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Enjoying it? Not killing you then?

Always happy to see us doing well and playing well mate.

Life too short, I'll enjoy the talent while it's here.

We've seen some BITCHIN' goals in the last few weeks. Loved it

Unread 07-07-2020, 03:27 PM
Neo

Quote:
Killing me? Yeah, hate united being decent again. Embarrassing shantz.

No idea what your last sentence is about.
Yep, United being decent again, not least down to a fully fit Pogba. Just own your idiocy and admit you were wrong in writing off a World Cup winner, who is arguably the best player in the league.

Last sentence was a reference to MNiK changing his shorts before being allowed in the Exec lounge at OT. Assumed you were him; same boring, middle-aged post style.

Unread 07-07-2020, 03:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Yep, United being decent again, not least down to a fully fit Pogba. Just own your idiocy and admit you were wrong in writing off a World Cup winner, who is arguably the best player in the league.

Last sentence was a reference to MNiK changing his shorts before being allowed in the Exec lounge at OT. Assumed you were him; same boring, middle-aged post style.
Dya reckon he'll stick around, Neo?

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Neo

Quote:
Dya reckon he'll stick around, Neo?
I think he wants to spend his prime years competing for, and winning, the biggest trophies at club level. He came to United to do that, and then the club started sinking like a stone with zero direction, so he understandably became tempted with Juventus and Real Madrid, especially with Raiola in his ear, who has his own separate motivations. I think Pogba is an impressionable young man, who can be easily influenced, hence why Raiola found it easy to play puppet-master.

Shock, horror, once United start having a plan on the pitch, and buy some competent teammates, Poggers seems happy and settled again, and is playing the type of football we bought him for. Some of us have been saying this all along - get some quality around him, start showing ambition as a club, and he'll shine. If we can start competing for the league and the Champions League, I think he'll stay, as he's motivated by winning trophies. I also think he's a key part, and very popular member, of the dressing room now, too.

Others of the Sexton Red persuasion wanted him binned for The Scottish Player because he made some dance videos on Instagram.

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:16 PM
est.1878

Needs a (new) poll imo

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think he wants to spend his prime years competing for, and winning, the biggest trophies at club level. He came to United to do that, and then the club started sinking like a stone with zero direction, so he understandably became tempted with Juventus and Real Madrid, especially with Raiola in his ear, who has his own separate motivations. I think Pogba is an impressionable young man, who can be easily influenced, hence why Raiola found it easy to play puppet-master.

Shock, horror, once United start having a plan on the pitch, and buy some competent teammates, Poggers seems happy and settled again, and is playing the type of football we bought him for. Some of us have been saying this all along - get some quality around him, start showing ambition as a club, and he'll shine. If we can start competing for the league and the Champions League, I think he'll stay, as he's motivated by winning trophies. I also think he's a key part, and very popular member, of the dressing room now, too.

Others of the Sexton Red persuasion wanted him binned for The Scottish Player because he made some dance videos on Instagram.
While I think he's a bit of tit at times, I don't think he's quite the bad influence he's made out to be.

Mourinho fell out with him, because he falls out with everyone. I think he can be bit brainless with his 'brand' sometimes, in terms of posting stuff at the wrong times, but he's a product of his time, in that sense.

Nobody within the club actually seems to have a problem with him. Ole has always backed him and played him when he's fit.

I don't think he's a bad lad, but I think he can be a complacent one and easily influenced by that snake of an agent. Whether it's his fault or not, there seems to be a lot of baggage and a 'leaked story' never seems far away.

I think we need CL football. He's entering his peak years and if we miss out, I've no doubt that fat #@&%! will be engineering a move. I don't think he wants out in the sense of not liking the club, and hopefully better players around him like Bruno and Greenwood and continued improvements of Rasheh and Antunneh will keep the green grass on this side.

I think it could be as black and white as he stays if we get CL, he leaves if we don't.

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:21 PM
dunk

No question that a lot of the criticism aimed at Pogba is from the Mou die hards that wanted him and Martial sold and Mou to stay

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:23 PM
windy waffles

Riola can try and engineer a move all he want but, in the current climate, if no club is willing to pay £100m fee for him and then offer him wages of at least £250,000 per week he would want, it ain't happening.

Worrying thing is, his contract expires next year so we either need to activate the one year extension (assume there is one) or get rid in the summer. Surprised it's not been activated yet so could be that he is actually off in the summer...

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No question that a lot of the criticism aimed at Pogba is from the Mou die hards that wanted him and Martial sold and Mou to stay
I have a real soft spot for Martial, so the idea of ditching him and signing some lawn mower on the right never sat well at all.

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:26 PM
dunk

Extension will be activated, new deal incoming.

Said last summer he and us were £#%&!ed. No one was going to pay £100m+ for him, especially after he missed the bulk of this season and United were never going to sell without making a profit. He’ll be 29 by the time the extension is up, he needs a new deal at OT while his stock is at its highest.

Unread 07-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Riola can try and engineer a move all he want but, in the current climate, if no club is willing to pay £100m fee for him and then offer him wages of at least £250,000 per week he would want, it ain't happening.

Worrying thing is, his contract expires next year so we either need to activate the one year extension (assume there is one) or get rid in the summer. Surprised it's not been activated yet so could be that he is actually off in the summer...
Even if we can't find a buyer, all the inevitable talk is just exhausting and doesn't do Ole or anyone any favours.

One of the best features of Ole management has been how he's turned the mood of the dressing room around. He said himself he doesn't want any 'bad apples', so that's the whole tonne of speculation you just dont want.

Unread 08-07-2020, 07:47 AM
utd99

Painting Pogba as a victim.

He was/is paid an awful lot of money to come in and make this team better, yet all you hear is how it’s understandable he wants away because the team was shit. Bryan Robson is a club legend because he dragged a shit team through the mire on countless occasions.

United supporters don’t need any one player to be the answer, just give your best and respect the badge. Every single disrespectful tweet and quote from his disgusting agent and moron brother was sanctioned by him; 100%. Be a man and say it yourself then.

When we say no player or manager is bigger than the club we either mean it or we don’t, and it is possible to have held both Mourinho and Pogba accountable for the shit that went on, though possibly for different reasons. All of a sudden people are talking as though a few games with a full squad and different feel means that Pogba is now happy and wants to be part of the next stage; maybe he is, but we’ve got a transfer window coming up and the stories of RM are starting to surface again. Let’s see how him and fat boy conduct themselves before we start composing too many new songs, yeah?

Unread 08-07-2020, 07:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Painting Pogba as a victim.

He was/is paid an awful lot of money to come in and make this team better, yet all you hear is how it’s understandable he wants away because the team was shit. Bryan Robson is a club legend because he dragged a shit team through the mire on countless occasions.

United supporters don’t need any one player to be the answer, just give your best and respect the badge. Every single disrespectful tweet and quote from his disgusting agent and moron brother was sanctioned by him; 100%. Be a man and say it yourself then.

When we say no player or manager is bigger than the club we either mean it or we don’t, and it is possible to have held both Mourinho and Pogba accountable for the shit that went on, though possibly for different reasons. All of a sudden people are talking as though a few games with a full squad and different feel means that Pogba is now happy and wants to be part of the next stage; maybe he is, but we’ve got a transfer window coming up and the stories of RM are starting to surface again. Let’s see how him and fat boy conduct themselves before we start composing too many new songs, yeah?
Yes.
Poor Paul - all he wanted to do was to play football.

Look, if we’re keeping him them I hope he delivers what he’s capable of. Doesn’t mean he never acted like a @#%&! - under both Mou and Ole btw

Unread 08-07-2020, 08:01 AM
Bunker Buster

STILL hasn't put in a dozen world class performances since the world cup and this includes his post Dubai want away Rona nightmare...now being spun into some brilliant partnership with Bruno...

Wouldn't give him the steam from my piss, never have never will...

Most overrated footballer in Europe....

An injury and worldwide pandemic is the only reason he's currently trotting out for United.....

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:08 AM
Cream

Quote:
While I think he's a bit of tit at times, I don't think he's quite the bad influence he's made out to be.

Mourinho fell out with him, because he falls out with everyone. I think he can be bit brainless with his 'brand' sometimes, in terms of posting stuff at the wrong times, but he's a product of his time, in that sense.

Nobody within the club actually seems to have a problem with him. Ole has always backed him and played him when he's fit.

I don't think he's a bad lad, but I think he can be a complacent one and easily influenced by that snake of an agent. Whether it's his fault or not, there seems to be a lot of baggage and a 'leaked story' never seems far away.

I think we need CL football. He's entering his peak years and if we miss out, I've no doubt that fat #@&%! will be engineering a move. I don't think he wants out in the sense of not liking the club, and hopefully better players around him like Bruno and Greenwood and continued improvements of Rasheh and Antunneh will keep the green grass on this side.

I think it could be as black and white as he stays if we get CL, he leaves if we don't.
It's demeaning for a club of United's stature to placate players who feel they've outgrown the club.

Besides the immediate damage to the dressing room culture, it contributes to a more general decline.

You can come back from it, see Suarez/Coutinho at Liverpool, but I don't like it. I can only think of Ronaldo as another example and that divorce was much less toxic.

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Is it £#%&!. One of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read from you as you normally talk sense.

The criticism aimed at pogba is down to the actions of paul pogba.

This is the @#%&! who conspired to make the situation at united worse when Ole and the team needed players, supporters and the club to rally round. In times of crisis, which it absolutely was for Ole, you need players that step up, not ones that are intent on making the situation worse. unforgivable.

No question he makes the team better and a fully committed and performing pogba is a real asset. The issue is that no one knows how long that will last, he’s clearly only motivated by how successful he can become as an individual and is, by definition, an absolute @#%&! of a man.

Quote:
painting pogba as a victim.

He was/is paid an awful lot of money to come in and make this team better, yet all you hear is how it’s understandable he wants away because the team was shit. Bryan robson is a club legend because he dragged a shit team through the mire on countless occasions.

When we say no player or manager is bigger than the club we either mean it or we don’t, and it is possible to have held both mourinho and pogba accountable for the shit that went on, though possibly for different reasons. All of a sudden people are talking as though a few games with a full squad and different feel means that pogba is now happy and wants to be part of the next stage; maybe he is, but we’ve got a transfer window coming up and the stories of rm are starting to surface again. Let’s see how him and fat boy conduct themselves before we start composing too many new songs, yeah?
100%
Closed Thread