United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2011, 01:21 AM
wonky no

Default Re: How worried are you about Ferguson retiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
It'll bring a new experience to a lot of united supporters. The new boss in charge, the question marks over whether they're good enough to take over from Ferguson. We sure as hell won't have a manager that lasts another 20+ years, I just hope we don't get the 5 managerial changes in 6 years or whatever Chelsea/Liverpool have.

It'll be a depressing experience for me personally, and a strange and unnerving one too.
i'm bricking it. i'm all set for another 20 years of mediocrity after he retires. i can't see anyone coming and continuing from where he leaves off. for a start we have the gimps in charge and for my money the only reason they are still here is because of fergie. they are riding the waves of success and skimming off the back of it.

if fergie retires they will sell. if fergie retires on a high, the buyers will have to pay top dollar and replace the manager. our following, the vast majority have been spoilt by success. a couple of 'settling in' seasons and the new owners will be squeaking anally.

i wouldn't worry too much but the potential managers from within haven't really come close to being good enough. hughes, keen, robson. bruce is probably the best of the lot, with larry white.

i'm just hoping ole makes it as a manager because if we get some foreign mercenary he'll be going all out for signing ego's, something fergie always avoided doing and before you know it we'll have a first 11 like liverpool.

Unread 14-01-2011, 01:22 AM
wonky no

Default Re: How worried are you about Ferguson retiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i'm bricking it. i'm all set for another 20 years of mediocrity after he retires. i can't see anyone coming and continuing from where he leaves off. for a start we have the gimps in charge and for my money the only reason they are still here is because of fergie. they are riding the waves of success and skimming off the back of it.

if fergie retires they will sell. if fergie retires on a high, the buyers will have to pay top dollar and replace the manager. our following, the vast majority have been spoilt by success. a couple of 'settling in' seasons and the new owners will be squeaking anally.

i wouldn't worry too much but the potential managers from within haven't really come close to being good enough. hughes, keen, robson. bruce is probably the best of the lot, with larry white.

i'm just hoping ole makes it as a manager because if we get some foreign mercenary he'll be going all out for signing ego's, something fergie always avoided doing and before you know it we'll have a first 11 like liverpool.
*Keane (predictive typing)

Unread 26-12-2011, 02:56 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said his next step in management will be a return to the Premier League.

The Portuguese is currently coach of Spanish side Real Madrid but admitted that, while he is happy there, his "passion is in England".

Speaking to Lord Coe, who was guest editing BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Boxing Day, Mourinho added: "My next step will be to go back [to England]."

He then joked with Coe: "Get me a club in a couple of years."

Mourinho, who left Chelsea in 2007 after winning two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and League Cup, went on to win the treble of Champions League, Italian league and cup with Inter Milan before moving to Madrid in 2010.

He has guided the club to the top of the Primera Division, three points clear of Barcelona going into the winter break.

"I believe it is probably the biggest club in the history of football, I didn't want to miss the chance to work here," said Mourinho of Real Madrid.

"But my next step will be to go back [to England] if possible and stay for a long time."

Mourinho has long been linked with a move to Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson retires.

In July 2009, while manager of Inter, Mourinho said: "I would consider going to Manchester United but United have to consider if they want me to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson. If they do, then of course."

However, earlier this year, Ferguson said: "It's difficult for me to say when my position will be available. It will be my health that decides. I will continue until I no longer feel the energy that has always accompanied me."
Won't what job he wants.

Unread 26-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Pop

City will part the sea in their efforts to get him on board once Mancini is eventually sacked.

Unread 26-12-2011, 03:02 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Won't what job he wants.
not one with budget limits

Unread 26-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not one with budget limits
agreed. No way the Glazer's would want Mourinho to come in. He's far too outspoken and maverick. He'd 'rock the boat' by complaining about them.

A nice docile 'yes man' is in order. Phelan probably.

Unread 26-12-2011, 03:05 PM
rogieop

he's an absolute certainty imo once he's done at madrid, and i think the main thing in his favour is that fergie would love him to be his successor.

Unread 26-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Kim Jong-il

I'm not arsed. Much preferred OT in the 80s when we were shite. Even if we win £#%&! all at least it will get rid of the £#%&!wits.

Unread 26-12-2011, 03:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
agreed. No way the Glazer's would want Mourinho to come in. He's far too outspoken and maverick. He'd 'rock the boat' by complaining about them.

A nice docile 'yes man' is in order. Phelan probably.
Even the gimps wouldn't stoop that low, methinks

Somebody like Moyes who is used to managing without loads of dosh, shurely??

Unread 26-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Father Christmas

SAF will make it to 30

Unread 27-12-2011, 07:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
SAF will make it to 30
ffs

21 plus 4

Unread 27-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Alex de Large

it'd be nice to think we could have another quarter century with Ole in charge.
In four, five, six or seven years or eight.
Closed Thread