United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:17 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We knew Ole wouldn't rock the boat because it's his dream job and he's not going to get the chance again. It's painful to watch the club chew him up and spit him out. It was bad enough with LvG and Mourinho but to see it happen to a hero is horrible.
This. Some @#%&!s on here showing their true colours by revelling in it.

@#%&!s.

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This. Some @#%&!s on here showing their true colours by revelling in it.

@#%&!s.
If/when it goes pear shaped for him there should be riots. Shame our fanbase are too concerned with ripping one another off.

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He gave a couple of them new contracts.

It'll cost a lot to get rid of the @#%&!s, but it's still the cheaper option long term. If any of Sanchez, Lukaku, Darmian, Jones and Young are here next season, it'll tell you all you need to know about how the club is being run.

We knew Ole wouldn't rock the boat because it's his dream job and he's not going to get the chance again. It's painful to watch the club chew him up and spit him out. It was bad enough with LvG and Mourinho but to see it happen to a hero is horrible.
As someone who is a club man he is exactly the sort of person we should expect to "rock the boat". As Fergie should have instead of being complicit

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
As someone who is a club man he is exactly the sort of person we should expect to "rock the boat". As Georgie should have instead of being complicit
They wouldn't have employed him if he was the sort to rock the boat. They'd had enough of that with Mourinho and to a lesser extent LvG.

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
We can't get rid of any shit@#%&!s because their wages are so far above market.
I didnt think it was too bad. He is not dressing it up and he knows that he wont be challenging the top 2 this coming season.

Give him a chance, this is his first window that he has been able to bring in players and obviously exit it a few.

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If/when it goes pear shaped for him there should be riots. Shame our fanbase are too concerned with ripping one another off.
Exactly. Instant success of £#%&! off is the mantra on here. How long did it take Fergie to get it sorted ?

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Exactly. Instant success of £#%&! off is the mantra on here. How long did it take Fergie to get it sorted ?
The problem with spending years proclaiming yourself to be the 'biggest club in the world' and branding your stadium the 'theatre of dreams' is that you then have to be seen to compete with the other clubs considered to be your competitors. Manchester United no longer does that and, particularly since last summer when they failed to back Mourhino, no longer seems to be interested in pretending to do it.

The current situation at the club is a disgrace. Having finished second in the league, and needing investment in positions in the team, the club decided not to back the manager, we finished outside the top 4, went on a disastrous run of performances and results, and aren't overly concerned with fixing the problems.

This isn't early years under Fergie. Neither should it be. The scouse fixed things pretty quickly under Klopp, Real Madrid and Bareclona have spent heavily this summer, Athletico have as well. We have struggled to prise a kid from Swansea and bought a right back (first proper one at the club in best part of a decade).

Still, fingers crossed eh?

Unread 17-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
‘hmmm I'm not part of the plans, I might have to go'

Jesus wept.
So basically, he’s going to treat the shit he wants rid of like shit so they want to leave, because he can’t get rid just by asking woodward to sell them. Just like mourinho felt he had to. Woodward, £#%&!ing managers up since 2013.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
The problem with spending years proclaiming yourself to be the 'biggest club in the world' and branding your stadium the 'theatre of dreams' is that you then have to be seen to compete with the other clubs considered to be your competitors. Manchester United no longer does that and, particularly since last summer when they failed to back Mourhino, no longer seems to be interested in pretending to do it.

The current situation at the club is a disgrace. Having finished second in the league, and needing investment in positions in the team, the club decided not to back the manager, we finished outside the top 4, went on a disastrous run of performances and results, and aren't overly concerned with fixing the problems.

This isn't early years under Fergie. Neither should it be. The scouse fixed things pretty quickly under Klopp, Real Madrid and Bareclona have spent heavily this summer, Athletico have as well. We have struggled to prise a kid from Swansea and bought a right back (first proper one at the club in best part of a decade).

We've proven that it isn't about spending big. It's about bringing in mentally stronger players and getting rid of the dross that has been polluting the squad.

I'd be much happier going into the season with a much smaller squad size.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Firmly crossed, because, to be perfectly honest, moaning about it on here isn't going to fix it...

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Patty_b

Wasn't too bad.

I think we have to remember that he is a model professional, he's not Jose. He isn't going to start throwing toys out of the pram and verbal eye poking people to save his own reputation. He represents the club, from the @#%&!s at the top to the bottom. Also, the bit about Moyes put in context is understandable, he was regarded as a very good manager during his time at Everton when Ole was still playing.

Overall the feeling I get is that he is already tied up in the middle of the road with Woodward's 205 bearing down on him at high speed. He's £#%&!ed.

I can't accept the excuse that one of the biggest clubs in the world is struggling in the current market. I'm sure it's a sellers market at the moment, but it doesn't seem to have affected the other top clubs like Juve, Real and Barca who are spending what they need to spend to reign supreme in their domestic league and in Europe.

The only hope is that when he's let go, all hell breaks loose. Things got pretty heated when Jose was mismanaged and sacked, and he's one of the biggest @#%&!s ever to grace the game. Sacking Ole after failing to back him properly would be catastrophic for the board.

And they are gearing up to sell the club, then you'd think they'd want to do it before the season starts, because the value is going to drop even more if we shit the bed at the start of the season. I love you Jeff Bezos.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We've proven that it isn't about spending big. It's about bringing in mentally stronger players and getting rid of the dross that has been polluting the squad.

I'd be much happier going into the season with a much smaller squad size.
You don't stop buying good players because a couple didn't work out.

Currently, we are going into the season with the same squad (plus a right back and minus Herrera) that couldn't score at one end, and couldn't stop relegation fodder scoring at the other. You should resemble the laughing policeman at this point.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Wasn't too bad.

I think we have to remember that he is a model professional, he's not Jose. He isn't going to start throwing toys out of the pram and verbal eye poking people to save his own reputation. He represents the club, from the @#%&!s at the top to the bottom. Also, the bit about Moyes put in context is understandable, he was regarded as a very good manager during his time at Everton when Ole was still playing.

Overall the feeling I get is that he is already tied up in the middle of the road with Woodward's 205 bearing down on him at high speed. He's £#%&!ed.

I can't accept the excuse that one of the biggest clubs in the world is struggling in the current market. I'm sure it's a sellers market at the moment, but it doesn't seem to have affected the other top clubs like Juve, Real and Barca who are spending what they need to spend to reign supreme in their domestic league and in Europe.

The only hope is that when he's let go, all hell breaks loose. Things got pretty heated when Jose was mismanaged and sacked, and he's one of the biggest @#%&!s ever to grace the game. Sacking Ole after failing to back him properly would be catastrophic for the board.

And they are gearing up to sell the club, then you'd think they'd want to do it before the season starts, because the value is going to drop even more if we shit the bed at the start of the season. I love you Jeff Bezos.
Wont happen. We (as a demographic) probably represent about 5% of the clubs 'customers'. A significant percentage of those customers don't have the same affection for Ole that we do.

More would have been upset that Mourinho was let go.

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Wont happen. We (as a demographic) probably represent about 5% of the clubs 'customers'. A significant percentage of those customers don't have the same affection for Ole that we do.

More would have been upset that Mourinho was let go.
If that ends up being the case, then we should definitely fold the club

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Seamus

Quote:
You don't stop buying good players because a couple didn't work out.

Currently, we are going into the season with the same squad (plus a right back and minus Herrera) that couldn't score at one end, and couldn't stop relegation fodder scoring at the other. You should resemble the laughing policeman at this point.
he hasnt closed the war chest yet. We have Bissaka, Dan James plus it looks like Maguire and I think we will sign one more after that

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:44 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
he hasnt closed the war chest yet. We have Bissaka, Dan James plus it looks like Maguire and I think we will sign one more after that
do you think that will get us top four?

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:46 AM
puressence

Not entirely sure what he’s done wrong u less your an agenda filled #@&%!

Unread 17-07-2019, 10:55 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Not entirely sure what he’s done wrong u less your an agenda filled #@&%!
Unless*
You're*

My big worry is that we haven't been competing for certain players in the transfer window simply because we know we don't appeal much to them at this moment in time, as opposed to us "changing our policy". Time will tell.

Unread 17-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Unless*
You're*

My big worry is that we haven't been competing for certain players in the transfer window simply because we know we don't appeal much to them at this moment in time, as opposed to us "changing our policy". Time will tell.
There's no way 'certain players' were going to join us. Barca, Real, Juve, City etc... are far more exciting destinations for a player.

Players are only going to join us if we're offering more money, they are fans or we're the only big team in for them. I've no problem with that as long as we're approaching the right type of characters.

Unread 17-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
do you think that will get us top four?
possibly. we have tried the quick fix and now he is trying to build something. We could win the euopa league and get champions league

who the £#%&! knows but as long there is some long term plan where we are building something and progressing, then I am happy. I know you young uns are less realistic than us older reds
Closed Thread