United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They're just asking her to support anti-discrimination tbf. It's hardly North Korea.
‘Asking’ suggests there’s a choice without recrimination.

Unread 12-07-2019, 11:33 AM
boreez

Of course pride symbols are political. Anyone who argues they simply promote tolerance is living in the 1990s. We got to tolerance about 20 years ago.

Read a few headlines recently stating tolerance/acceptance for LGBT folks has gone down for the first time in ages.

Why? Cause of this nonsense. Cause of pride month lasting all year. Cause of every corporation plastering rainbows all over everything. Cause of many feeling forced to celebrate a minority lifestyle that has nothing to do with them.

*Sam Hyde state enforced homosexuality meme*

Unread 12-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
Of course pride symbols are political. Anyone who argues they simply promote tolerance is living in the 1990s. We got to tolerance about 20 years ago.

Read a few headlines recently stating tolerance/acceptance for LGBT folks has gone down for the first time in ages.

Why? Cause of this nonsense. Cause of pride month lasting all year. Cause of every corporation plastering rainbows all over everything. Cause of many feeling forced to celebrate a minority lifestyle that has nothing to do with them.

depends where you are mate.

Maybe liberal parts of USA/UK/Ireland/Western Europe

Some people still have inherited hate for them

Unread 12-07-2019, 11:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

100% this. Have no problem with the LGBT community whatsoever, got family members who are gay, but it's the reasons above that get some people's backs up.

Unread 12-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What’s actively harming though? Surely any expression of discrimination is harmful to the process of equality? These people are slowing us down. Protecting their right to do so without reprimand isn’t a priority for me.
‘Equality’ as a concept (aside from being unachievable and undesirable) is incapable of being harmed as it isn’t a person and should not benefit from the protection of the law. If you think an idea to be sacrosanct you are in effect proposing a modern blasphemy law.

You appear to believe that humanity is capable of making moral progress towards a teleological end. You are very much mistaken in this regard, and yourself exhibit a form religious thinking. Your talk of ‘reprimanding’ those of a different opinion is illustrative and part of a deeply worrying authoritarian trend.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:04 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
‘Equality’ as a concept (aside from being unachievable and undesirable) is incapable of being harmed as it isn’t a person and should not benefit from the protection of the law. If you think an idea to be sacrosanct you are in effect proposing a modern blasphemy law.

You appear to believe that humanity is capable of making moral progress towards a teleological end. You are very much mistaken in this regard, and yourself exhibit a form religious thinking. Your talk of ‘reprimanding’ those of a different opinion is illustrative and part of a deeply worrying authoritarian trend.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:08 PM
messhead

As the resident homophobe, I feel that she's just being true to her personal beliefs. As others have said, she obviously doesn't have much of an issue with playing football with gay women, but perhaps doesn't want to be a promoter of homosexuality. Nothing wrong with that.

This is akin to fat women getting offended when men aren't attracted to them. It's just a personal choice/belief, everyone has the right to these beliefs and choices so long as they aren't infringing on others' freedom etc.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Apart from anything else, the bible wasn't written 2000 years ago.
Also, if she is a you can't pick and chooser, presumably that means she believes everything in the old testament as well, which would make her a pretty nasty person.
you can't believe everything, because there are contradictions. she loves jesus and he brought a new testament. basic stuff, rrr. turn the other cheek > an eye for an eye

I also know the names of dany's dragons.

Quote:

nope. it's because of immigrants.

also, the term lgbt is no longer considered inclusive, you £#%&!ing bigot.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
As the resident homophobe, I feel that she's just being true to her personal beliefs. As others have said, she obviously doesn't have much of an issue with playing football with gay women, but perhaps doesn't want to be a promoter of homosexuality. Nothing wrong with that.

This is akin to fat women getting offended when men aren't attracted to them. It's just a personal choice/belief, everyone has the right to these beliefs and choices so long as they aren't infringing on others' freedom etc.
Fat people disgust me.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:20 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can't believe everything, because there are contradictions. she loves jesus and he brought a new testament. basic stuff, rrr. turn the other cheek > an eye for an eye
She was talking about the rainbow being god's convent (sic) with man never to wipe him off the face of the earth again, therefore she's an old testamenter, fire and brimstone, offering your own daughter up as a sex slave, murder and genocide all over the place kinda gal.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:21 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Fat people disgust me.
Fatphobe.

Unread 12-07-2019, 12:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
She was talking about the rainbow being god's convent (sic) with man never to wipe him off the face of the earth again, therefore she's an old testamenter, fire and brimstone, offering your own daughter up as a sex slave, murder and genocide all over the place kinda gal.
nope. I think she was just riled up by the cultural appropriation.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
good question south side red.

On one side, I find the whole; join in or be cancelled culture gross. the conform threshold keeps moving, and tends to be incremental.

On the other side, it's a ideology of inclusion vs an ideology of exclusion.

If you don't want to wear rainbow shoes because you don't want to be told what to do, and it's nothing to do with gays.. I get it. bit stubborn but I get.

If you don't want to wear rainbow shoes because you think homosexuality is immoral and disgusting, and, as said may times, including on here, that it may lead to mainstream open faced noncery,then wtf. Namsayin'?
The problem is that the next step in this process has someone subjectively deciding which it is and imposing the sanction they deem fit. You trust anyone with that sort of power over someone else’s life? I wouldn’t.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
depends where you are mate.

Maybe liberal parts of USA/UK/Ireland/Western Europe

Some people still have inherited hate for them
Absolutely.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:17 PM
MartialLaw

Difficult to argue really, fat people are scum.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The problem is that the next step in this process has someone subjectively deciding which it is and imposing the sanction they deem fit. You trust anyone with that sort of power over someone else’s life? I wouldn’t.
No mate. I'm not saying it should be policed. As I said I hate cancel culture. But it's a complicated situation that requires individual consideration.

In this instance, the woman posted a crazy Jesus IG post so i have deemed her mad as a bag of cats. Case closed your honour.

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:31 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead

This is akin to fat women getting offended when men aren't attracted to them.
Alcohol has eradicated that issue

Unread 12-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Difficult to argue really, fat people are scum.
What’s your excuse then #@&%!?

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:02 PM
shenwen

If someone asked me to wear a pride badge to work every day, I’d say no. If they said wear it or be fired, I’d consult a good employment lawyer. In my last job, wearing a rainbow lanyard was optional. I opted not to (even though I’d never wear it around my neck anyway.)

Nothing against anyone. Like to think I’m pretty okay with all sorts.
Just feel uncomfortable with what for me would be pointless virtue signalling.

Unread 12-07-2019, 02:48 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If someone asked me to wear a pride badge to work every day, I’d say no. If they said wear it or be fired, I’d consult a good employment lawyer. In my last job, wearing a rainbow lanyard was optional. I opted not to (even though I’d never wear it around my neck anyway.)

Nothing against anyone. Like to think I’m pretty okay with all sorts.
Just feel uncomfortable with what for me would be pointless virtue signalling.
I'd be the same. Fully support equality but I last wore a uniform in school and won't do it again.

On the other side if you're gay, you've no doubt experienced some opposition. If you're my generation. So if you see someone refusing to support your rights you might mistakenly think they are the type to think you are 'disgusting'.
Closed Thread