United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:10 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I wish we had proper competition over fried chicken in the uk/ireland.

kfc was mana from heaven when i was a kid but it's muck now. some local chippers do a great sfc but i need a popeyes or whatever.
popeyes in midd ???

that chicken advert thats forever on the cricket world cup on sky ffs some random shop must be a few of em and cost em a bomb for the advertising

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:14 AM
Switching Off

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Hema

Round here (Wigan, Warrington, St Helens) we have Frankies. Nearly as good as KFC, loads cheaper. Proper artery clogging stuff.

Unread 05-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
Ever tried kfc cold? its much better. ( room temp ) its not as greasy/sloppy as its all firmed up.

Try it.
Too right, not left overnight or anything. But make a start when it's hot and sit an hour out, and round two is better than the round one.

Last had one the other week after a long break and they nailed it. Also, did you know that you can ask for the pepper mayo sauce (the kind that you get on mini-fillets) on any burger? It's like being born again.

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones View Post
In an age where there are hipster Burger places every 43 millimeters, why is there nowhere* you can get proper, on-the-bone fried chicken that isn't greasy, takeaway.

None of this mini fillets, boneless banquet baby bullshit either.

*unless anyone knows of anywhere.
Loads of second wave hipster chicken places in Vibrante.

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:23 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence View Post
popeyes in midd ???

that chicken advert thats forever on the cricket world cup on sky ffs some random shop must be a few of em and cost em a bomb for the advertising
Pepe's Chicken shop. Each advert is a different location. But certainly seems a high risk advertising strategy.

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:24 AM
jaffo

Is Ma Plucker still there? They did some decent fried chicken

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I wish we had proper competition over fried chicken in the uk/ireland.

kfc was mana from heaven when i was a kid but it's muck now. some local chippers do a great sfc but i need a popeyes or whatever.
Barely any of the fast food outlets taste the same as they used too, but KFC has had the biggest fall from grace. Itís so totally shit now I canít eat it.

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:37 AM
no fun

Dougies Caribbean takeaway in either the Moss or Chorlton

Or, if youíre in that London, the carribean cafe just a few doors down from Clapton overground

Unread 05-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace View Post
Ever tried kfc cold? its much better. ( room temp ) its not as greasy/sloppy as its all firmed up.

Try it.
Animal