United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
a mate of mine kicked the drink for a while and still insisted, and instigated going to the pub. sorry to say but it was painful. driest c*** this side of the sahara. some people need drink
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Very rarely drink and can go months and months without touching a drop.

Usually have one or two around Christmas and a couple if at a family bbq but other than that nothing.

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yep

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yep

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:32 PM
sa7

I mainly knocked it on the head when I was 28. Sick of feeling ten years older every morning.

33 in a few months and feel ten years younger now. Can't remember the last time I had a drink.

Thing is people buy me booze as gifts because they can't think what else to get, so the contents of my kitchen cupboards would give Gazza an absolute erection. One day I'll just go mental and rattle through the lot in a weekend before burning down the neighbour's house or something.

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Hema

Cheers all. Yep I'm one of them who has no control. I can go out Friday night and still be drinking in 2 weeks time, including when I'm at work and sometimes in the mornings. Turn into a proper dickhead too. Different when in 20s just used to be a proper laugh pissed, now it's just destructive.

Swapping it for gym addiction.

Day 9.

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hema
Cheers all. Yep I'm one of them who has no control. I can go out Friday night and still be drinking in 2 weeks time, including when I'm at work and sometimes in the mornings. Turn into a proper dickhead too. Different when in 20s just used to be a proper laugh pissed, now it's just destructive.

Day 9.
f*** yeah man. you may really need to knock it on the head.

good luck.

Unread 03-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hema

Day 9.
You each you mentioned before you'll go weeks on it after one session....

Drinking in the morning is probably a problem.

Unread 03-07-2019, 01:29 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

You each you mentioned before you'll go weeks on it after one session....

Drinking in the morning is probably a problem.
Could be.

In younger days, used to have the occasional bifter before work when I was in a dull temping job one summer, but could never imagine tanning a can of special brew before I started my commute.

Hema - opt for becoming a gym rat. You'll end up being a protein shake bore, but at least your liver won't fall apart

Unread 03-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Concur. Gym rat reds, f*** the ale. Good luck.

Unread 03-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Hema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Concur. Gym rat reds, f*** the ale. Good luck.
Thanks.

Just bought 16 tins of tuna. Protein protein protein.