United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 26-05-2019, 06:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Heath reasons alone are the only way Id stop eating meat.
yeah, well..... his reasons were very good. you should listen.

Unread 26-05-2019, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
If God didn't want us to eat meat then why did he make it taste so nice?
Basically this, though cutting down on it a bit is both sound healthwise and makes you appreciate how good it really is more.

Unread 26-05-2019, 07:20 PM
believe

Ate meat all my life and will until the day I die. Wont ever feel compelled to let people know about it though.

Unread 26-05-2019, 07:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Ate meat all my life and will until the day I die. Wont ever feel compelled to let people know about it though.
really?

what about this, then?

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=23

Unread 26-05-2019, 07:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 26-05-2019, 10:31 PM
92ToBury

f*** that. I could do healthy - no processed meat - but I enjoy steaks too much. Grass fed beef yes, Id happily pay a premium for. Humanity needs to stop f***ing with the food chain.

Unread 07-06-2019, 08:46 AM
waynes ear's

stupid c***s

Unread 07-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Jethro

One thing I am struggling with surrounding this vegan revolution is why the need to make substitutes so much like the real thing? A bleeding vegan burger has to be one of the most pointless things in existence. The whole purpose of veganism/vegetarianism, to me, is to move away from the meat experience. So why would you want to eat non meat buffalo wings or pulled pork?

The wildest I went when vegan was putting some fake chorizo on a pizza.

Unread 07-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Patty_b

That doesn't make me not want to eat meat. That makes me not want to become a vegetarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
One thing I am struggling with surrounding this vegan revolution is why the need to make substitutes so much like the real thing? A bleeding vegan burger has to be one of the most pointless things in existence. The whole purpose of veganism/vegetarianism, to me, is to move away from the meat experience. So why would you want to eat non meat buffalo wings or pulled pork?
If there was a fake meat that had the same texture, taste, is cheaper and healthier then I'd be all aboard. But until then, I'm sticking with the meat.

Last edited by Patty_b; 07-06-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Unread 07-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

The wildest I went when vegan was putting some fake chorizo on a pizza.
isn't the idea to convince/tempt meat eaters away or to try the vegan burger? thus, the more meaty it is, the more likely it is to succeed.