United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2019, 08:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is there?

Does it matter more if you have a sizeable audience to signal to? I would have thought what matters most is being authentic and a real ally to the gay community, rather than flashing a pride flag only because you feel pressured to do so.
Again, it's some additional colour in the shirt number. Just get on with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Some people just don’t accept being told what to do.
Should probably avoid team sports then imo.

Unread 14-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's a yellow star for your sleeve, just get on with it

Unread 14-07-2019, 09:03 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Again, it's some additional colour in the shirt number. Just get on with it.
Again, can’t it just be optional?
At my old work, they said have a rainbow lanyard or don’t. No one was treated any different for their choice. All positions respected. Felt quite inclusive.

Unread 14-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
You'll be alright lads, trust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Exactly what Hitler said to the jews in his very first speech.

Unread 14-07-2019, 09:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Again, can’t it just be optional?
At my old work, they said have a rainbow lanyard or don’t. No one was treated any different for their choice. All positions respected. Felt quite inclusive.
Well in fairness this is a team sport. Generally you do what you're told within reason. I suspect Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James didn't really want to sing a song in front of a room full of people, but you kinda get on with it. Because it's a team.

When it comes to wearing the same kit every other member of your team is wearing, you'd only make the statement of objection if you objected to the cause. Which she clearly does. That's up to her, but I haven't got it in me to see her as a victim.

Unread 14-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Buck

Quote:
Well in fairness this is a team sport. Generally you do what you're told within reason. I suspect Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James didn't really want to sing a song in front of a room full of people, but you kinda get on with it. Because it's a team.

When it comes to wearing the same kit every other member of your team is wearing, you'd only make the statement of objection if you objected to the cause. Which she clearly does. That's up to her, but I haven't got it in me to see her as a victim.
Don't think she even commented on this. Just some snowflakes using her name because they are upset that the team won meaning the captain who is gay and snubbed Trump had the last laugh.

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

You’d have loved the uniforms and camaraderie of the hitler youth

Unread 15-07-2019, 07:52 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
You’d have loved the uniforms and camaraderie of the hitler youth
The soles of the boots were a bit slippy tbh

Unread 15-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
What makes you say that pal?

Unread 15-07-2019, 10:39 AM
utd99

So Siders is a fascist eh? Have to admit I never saw that one coming...

Unread 15-07-2019, 10:46 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Just a story handed down from my ancestors

Unread 15-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Too much Jewish blood on them ?

Unread 15-07-2019, 11:32 AM
atticusgrinch

It's great that siders has come out but don't really see the furore.

She's tried scissoring and it doesn't agree with her. As is her right.

Unread 15-07-2019, 02:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Don't think she even commented on this. Just some snowflakes using her name because they are upset that the team won meaning the captain who is gay and snubbed Trump had the last laugh.
Didn't she go on a rant about the biblical context of the rainbow, or was that made up?

Lads who hate our players dancing on social media become freedom fighters when there's a conservative theme to pursue. Shock

Unread 15-07-2019, 09:18 PM
utd99

All right, this is getting way too heavy. We need to lighten up a bit.

Anyway, what do you think of our new black shirts?

Unread 16-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
All right, this is getting way too heavy. We need to lighten up a bit.

Anyway, what do you think of our new black shirts?
I’ve joined. See you on the streets.
Closed Thread