United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nope. got some good players coming through. the senior players are a bit shonky, but we only need a couple of players who know how to play, influence a game and set the tone. one midfielder and a striker whi can hold the ball or a winger who can beat a man and look up.....

yup. however, if you're telling me we needed maguire more than a midfielder or two.... nope.
So, rocking horse Pop...

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
what a tit.

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Quote:
nobody ever expects the spanish enquiry

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So, rocking horse Pop...
everyone else seems to be able to find them.

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
everyone else seems to be able to find them.
Do they?

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
So, rocking horse Pop...
Aleksandar Mitrović

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:53 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Aleksandar Mitrović

he'll get Fulham promoted then drop back to the Championship to get us promoted

Unread 07-10-2019, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Still absolutely fuming over yesterday tbh, one of our most disgraceful games of recent times.

(up there with the 1-2 at home to Norwich which soured me on LvG for good)

Unread 07-10-2019, 06:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Still absolutely fuming over yesterday tbh, one of our most disgraceful games of recent times.

(up there with the 1-2 at home to Norwich which soured me on LvG for good)
There have been far worse recently where lack of effort pissed me off. Yesterday was just lack of quality and ideas.

Unread 07-10-2019, 06:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Do they?
teams like wolves and west ham do.

Unread 07-10-2019, 07:02 PM
MagnificentSeven

i'm now predicting relegation so any finish above 18th place is a good season for me

Unread 07-10-2019, 08:32 PM
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i'm now predicting relegation so any finish above 18th place is a good season for me
What sort of attendances do you think we'd get in the championship ?

Unread 07-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
What sort of attendances do you think we'd get in the championship ?
40-50k

Unread 07-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
40-50k
In our first season after relegation 60k+ average, a few sell outs, wouldn't dip below 57k even on a Tuesday night in January, probably dip by 8% in Y2. Can't bloody wait tbh.

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
In our first season after relegation 60k+ average, a few sell outs, wouldn't dip below 57k even on a Tuesday night in January, probably dip by 8% in Y2. Can't bloody wait tbh.
If we can't go straight back up in such a (still unlikely) scenario, then things are even worse than they appear right now.

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Yep. Just weren't enough of them. And possibly prioritised the wrong area in signing yet another CB and not bothering with the midfield/striker. Have to take into account budget and availability of players though.
we agree on something....

never in a million years did we need a cb over attacking players especially with the lack of quality attacking options we have.

also with tuazabe coming back a competent defender...made no sense.

Unread 07-10-2019, 11:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

never in a million years did we need a cb over attacking players especially with the lack of quality attacking options we have.

We’re better defensively, and you have to create solidity somewhere if you’re going to build so it might as well be from the back. If we were getting beaten 4-2 and 5-3, people would be saying why are Smalling and Jones still our CB pairing. If we can get a good defensively aware midfielder in now it’ll be much easier to commit more bodies forward.

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:12 PM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Relegation would at least be something new to which we could look forward.

Otherwise we are probably just going to face another new manager, shit football, and wondering when the cycle will repeat.

But with relegation we will get all that and be in a new league.

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

For me, the reason the defence struggled last season was because the midfield and attack were so weak. We should've been building the midfield and adding threat in attack, we've actually further weakened both areas horribly.

Honestly think he had targets, asked the question and they were too expensive or unavailable so decided to buy Maguire as he wanted to come, there was no competition at the price and Leicester were willing to deal.

A competent club capable of scouting and concluding deals swiftly gets 3 players for the price of the cowardly slab.

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:54 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We’re better defensively, and you have to create solidity somewhere if you’re going to build so it might as well be from the back. If we were getting beaten 4-2 and 5-3, people would be saying why are Smalling and Jones still our CB pairing. If we can get a good defensively aware midfielder in now it’ll be much easier to commit more bodies forward.
I'm thinking of a team in the premiership who were getting those kind of results....
can you think of a team that got their attack in order than only after that bought in two defenders and are now doing quite well in our league?