United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-01-2020, 01:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Credit it where it's due, I think Matic has done well recently considering he was completely out of favour and wasnt even getting on the bench.

He's come in when needed and done a good job.

Good pro.
Was injured for a month or 2 as well. Looked passable in his last 4 appearances. Will be dead on his feet moving in super-slo-mo by Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Read on the BBC that there was some anti Glazer chanting from the stands. Long overdue.
Sounded a bit half-arsed from where I was sat and didn't last long. I was in the opposite corner to the singing section though, so it may have been more vociferous over there. We joined in briefly and were met with confused looks from those around us

Unread 12-01-2020, 01:16 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was injured for a month or 2 as well. Looked passable in his last 4 appearances. Will be dead on his feet moving in super-slo-mo by Feb.

Sounded a bit half-arsed from where I was sat and didn't last long. I was in the opposite corner to the singing section though, so it may have been more vociferous over there. We joined in briefly and were met with confused looks from those around us
Singing section has got bigger and was very loud and non stop. Very good atmosphere.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Read on the BBC that there was some anti Glazer chanting from the stands. Long overdue.
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...12#post5312612

Sounds like it was quite loud tbf.

Watched the game game on sky’s match choice last night and you could hear the chants very clearly.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Singing section has got bigger and was very loud and non stop. Very good atmosphere.
That’s the problem with OT; that did not carry across the stadium much at all.

Unread 12-01-2020, 02:56 PM
believe

Looks like the Glazers would have been long gone if we’d sorted the acoustics out at Old Trafford

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Looks like the Glazers would have been long gone if we’d sorted the acoustics out at Old Trafford

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:23 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s the problem with OT; that did not carry across the stadium much at all.
Yeah can't hear the away fans much in Stretford.

Unread 12-01-2020, 05:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Credit it where it's due, I think Matic has done well recently considering he was completely out of favour and wasnt even getting on the bench.

He's come in when needed and done a good job.

Good pro.
Which just shows that getting on with it and trying to win that favour back is a better course than whining to the press.

Unread 12-01-2020, 06:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Which just shows that getting on with it and trying to win that favour back is a better course than whining to the press.
If you’re referring to lingard, the next piece of good advice he gets will be the first.

Unread 12-01-2020, 06:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If you’re referring to lingard, the next piece of good advice he gets will be the first.
Was thinking of a somewhat more prominent player tbh, but has he been sounding off as well?

Unread 12-01-2020, 06:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Was thinking of a somewhat more prominent player tbh, but has he been sounding off as well?
Doing a crybaby series in the Mail.

Unread 13-01-2020, 12:44 PM
barca99

Quote:
Agreed, working very well actually.

Was in Tier 2 on Saturday (shit) but the odd time I have been in the singing section its been mint.

Cheap pints help obviously

Unread 13-01-2020, 12:56 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

Was in Tier 2 on Saturday (shit) but the odd time I have been in the singing section its been mint.

The stewards are trying to stop people come up from the seats below for the cheap beer!

Unread 13-01-2020, 01:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

It's made it £#%&!ing miles more enjoyable going to home games this season- lots of good lads in there- atmosphere has been better than most of the away ends tbh. It allows you to group up with mates aswell so they always put you together, which is a bonus. Top work by the two lads who have sorted it all out. Wish people would stop calling it the £#%&!ing singing section though

Will be in my own seat for the first time this season on Wednesday as they're not running it due to lack of time etc.

Quote:
The stewards are trying to stop people come up from the seats below for the cheap beer!
Apparently won't be long until it's rolled out everywhere else the £3 pints (as it should be). They've put on an outside bar near the turnstiles at the stretty to stop it being too £#%&!ing hammered in the concourse at H/T.

Unread 13-01-2020, 07:04 PM
Tommy M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
It's made it f***ing miles more enjoyable going to home games this season- lots of good lads in there- atmosphere has been better than most of the away ends tbh. It allows you to group up with mates aswell so they always put you together, which is a bonus. Top work by the two lads who have sorted it all out. Wish people would stop calling it the f***ing singing section though

Will be in my own seat for the first time this season on Wednesday as they're not running it due to lack of time etc.

Apparently won't be long until it's rolled out everywhere else the £3 pints (as it should be). They've put on an outside bar near the turnstiles at the stretty to stop it being too f***ing hammered in the concourse at H/T.
Agree with all, will only get bigger and better as long as the club back the
two lads running it.

Unread 13-01-2020, 08:02 PM
redhegemony

It is a bit packed at HT up there but still managed to get a couple in.

Which turnstile is it to get into from outside?

Unread 13-01-2020, 09:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
It's made it f***ing miles more enjoyable going to home games this season- lots of good lads in there- atmosphere has been better than most of the away ends tbh. It allows you to group up with mates aswell so they always put you together, which is a bonus. Top work by the two lads who have sorted it all out. Wish people would stop calling it the f***ing singing section though

Apparently won't be long until it's rolled out everywhere else the £3 pints (as it should be). They've put on an outside bar near the turnstiles at the stretty to stop it being too f***ing hammered in the concourse at H/T.

Agree with all of this. I've been to a few games this season
after not going for a a couple of years and been in that section each time I have been. (Except Liverpool when I was with my Uncle in the disabled section) Get to stand with my mates and the atmosphere is good. That little outside bar is good too.

Unread 13-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Chester Road

Quote:

hopefully it will be Estrella too then instead of £#%&!ing Heineken

Unread 13-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Road
hopefully it will be Estrella too then instead of f***ing Heineken
Heiny shits on Estrella fella

Unread 13-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Heiny shits on Estrella fella