United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We're a different side when we score early get a bit of confidence.

I don't think we learned much we don't already know, but we have to enjoy days like this with an inconsistent team.

This team has responded well to most setbacks this season.

Get Fernandes in and that would be a massive boost. Beat Wolves and things will be looking a lot rosier.
We were playing the bottom team, nothing to shout about yet.

Unread 11-01-2020, 06:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
We were playing the bottom team, nothing to shout about yet.
First Bellers, now you.

There's no 'shouting' about anything. I even say how we've learned nothing and we need to enjoy it BECAUSE we're so inconsistent.

I'm talking about signing a quality player and having two wins on the spin would be a boost compared to how we all felt after city the other night.

Jesus.

Unread 11-01-2020, 07:04 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
First Bellers, now you.

There's no 'shouting' about anything. I even say how we've learned nothing and we need to enjoy it BECAUSE we're so inconsistent.

I'm talking about signing a quality player and having two wins on the spin would be a boost compared to how we all felt after city the other night.

Jesus.
I just know they will let us down again next game.

Unread 11-01-2020, 07:04 PM
Zorg

Some miserable £#%&!ers on here. Ok Norwich are a load of shit, but it’s an easy win with some nice football, loads of young players on the pitch and among the goals - nope, can’t just give credit where it’s due. I don’t know why you bother.

Unread 11-01-2020, 07:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
I just know they will let us down again next game.
Probably. All the more reasons to acknowledge and enjoy better days. Even in isolation.

Unread 11-01-2020, 08:06 PM
Ethers

Said months ago that ‘replacing’ Lukaku’s goals was never going to be a problem with that forward line, it was the goals from other areas of the pitch that would be an issue, especially with no Pogba.

Thought James might help chip in after the start he had, but looks like that was a bit of an anomaly.

A goal-scoring midfielder is an absolute must if we’re serious about winning anything, and would be nice if we could come up with a way of our centre-backs threatening the goal once in a while too.

Unread 11-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Said months ago that ‘replacing’ Lukaku’s goals was never going to be a problem with that forward line, it was the goals from other areas of the pitch that would be an issue, especially with no Pogba.

Thought James might help chip in after the start he had, but looks like that was a bit of an anomaly.

A goal-scoring midfielder is an absolute must if we’re serious about winning anything, and would be nice if we could come up with a way of our centre-backs threatening the goal once in a while too.
Bruno says hi...

Unread 11-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bruno says hi...
MASSIVE difference if we can get him or a proper no 10

Unread 11-01-2020, 08:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bruno says hi...

Unread 11-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:09 PM
Cream

Interesting that the likes of Goldbridge are saying 'it's only Norwich' but looking at their recent results, they've not been shipping many goals.

Since 1st Dec: notable draws with Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs. Only lost by one goal to the other sides and failed to score only once.

Shite but not leaking goals on a regular basis.

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

, and would be nice if we could come up with a way of our centre-backs threatening the goal once in a while too.
they are too busy threatening our goal

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:36 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Some lusty singing of anti-woody and glazer choons.

Getting humiliated by city may be the watershed...
Pretty much all of the second half....

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:57 PM
jem

same people slagging matic every week.

when we have a couple of better defensive midfielders, I'll let you know.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
same people slagging matic every week.

when we have a couple of better defensive midfielders, I'll let you know.
There’s a definite correlation with the ones who slate Matic the most being the most ardent Jose dislikers.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:03 AM
Lodestar

Read on the BBC that there was some anti Glazer chanting from the stands. Long overdue.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Credit it where it's due, I think Matic has done well recently considering he was completely out of favour and wasnt even getting on the bench.

He's come in when needed and done a good job.

Good pro.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:17 AM
silv

Quote:
Credit it where it's due, I think Matic has done well recently considering he was completely out of favour and wasnt even getting on the bench.

Good pro.
Probably needed the rest. We absolutely flogged him.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:24 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Some miserable £#%&!ers on here. Ok Norwich are a load of shit, but it’s an easy win with some nice football, loads of young players on the pitch and among the goals - nope, can’t just give credit where it’s due. I don’t know why you bother.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:35 AM
AK14

Quote:

Good pro.
Agree.

He’s brought a little calm to the midfield and has shown he’s still got a bit to offer the squad.