United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Ashley Young

When will the penny drop that this joker isn't good enough for Manchester United?

Had one good week when he first joined but ever since then it's been nothing but negative shite from a player who cost nearly £20 million pounds. :shakehead:

Was bought for decent set piece ability and he's £#%&!ing woeful at it. :shakehead:

While he wasn't the only one, he was well and truly shown up in Europe last season too. Everything about him is £#%&!ing awful

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:35 PM
MUFC One Love

Valencia is worse.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:37 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Valencia is worse.
Not so sure about that, least you know with Valencia that he can play much better but Young. :shakehead:

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:42 PM
dunk

No comment.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:46 PM
borsuk

it's not the wingers that are the problem

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's not the wingers that are the problem
They aren't helping.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They aren't helping.
sort the centre out and the wingers will look far better

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
So it's the midfielders fault EVERYTIME he gets the ball he doesn't take his man on?

So it's the midfielders fault he can't cross the ball? and his set pieces are £#%&!ing woeful?

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
So it's the midfielders fault EVERYTIME he gets the ball he doesn't take his man on?

So it's the midfielders fault he can't cross the ball? and his set pieces are £#%&!ing woeful?
is that what i said?

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
No sure how. They both get plenty of the ball and time to produce, be positive and be involved in play, they both struggle.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:59 PM
History

Who ever said Average Ashley in the match thread was spot on.

He's ok at most parts of his games, Not outstanding in any, but im sorry it doesnt cut it. Also he's the biggest shithouse at the club, one bad tackle, one intense atmosphere and he's all about giving it to his safety net Evra.

Just doesnt have the mentality.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:59 PM
borsuk

Quote:
No sure how. They both get plenty of the ball and time to produce, be positive and be involved in play, they both struggle.
we've got no threat through the middle and the midfield is too deep, so the defence can double up on the wide players and still pack the box with bodies - which is exactly what happened yesterday.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:02 PM
dunk

They have probably the best support from their full backs in the league and had the league's top scorer and a goal poacher in a red hot run of form to aim/create for and both had plenty of the ball.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:04 PM
History

Quote:
They have probably the best support from their full backs in the league and had the league's top scorer and a goal poacher in a red hot run of form to aim/create for and both had plenty of the ball.
Good point. Even our 'poor centre mids' managed to make a couple of chances for RVP, which he did £#%&! up granted.

The wing play was so poor yesterday, i wondered if it was worth changing to the diamond and having RVP, behind Welbeck and Chico with, Anderson and Cleverley replacing the wingers.

Would of improved the transition from play between carrick and the centre forwards, which there was none of yesterday without Rooney.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Rhodzy

He was better than Valencia yesterday. But both are average and are fine as back up wingers but not first choice. Instead we treat our best winger in Nani like shit who will most likely leave.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Baron

I £#%&!ing hate him. I hate his hunched £#%&!ing shoulders, I hate the way he passes backward every time he squares his man up, I hate the fact he's not quick, I hate the fact he has no skill, I hate the way he thinks in terms of safety first instead displaying courage & imagination to make something happen, I hate the fact he can't beat the first man on a corner, I hate his £#%&!ing shirt hanging off him, I hate the way he looks like an octopus in wellies trying to £#%&!ing toe-punt it when he needs to generate any power in his shot because his technique is lamentable, I hate the fact he £#%&!ing dives every time he has contact regardless of where he is on the pitch, I £#%&!ing hate his face & tiny little £#%&!ing string legs that get paid a £#%&!ing fortune to play for Manchester United when he is nowhere near the £#%&!ing standard required. He is the embodiment of Fergie's 2012 Shit@#%&!s. The king of the Shit@#%&!s.

£#%&! Ashley Young.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I £#%&!ing hate him. I hate his hunched £#%&!ing shoulders, I hate the way he passes backward every time he squares his man up, I hate the fact he's not quick, I hate the fact he has no skill, I hate the way he thinks in terms of safety first instead displaying courage & imagination to make something happen, I hate the fact he can't beat the first man on a corner, I hate his £#%&!ing shirt hanging off him, I hate the way he looks like an octopus in wellies trying to £#%&!ing toe-punt it when he needs to generate any power in his shot because his technique is lamentable, I hate the fact he £#%&!ing dives every time he has contact regardless of where he is on the pitch, I £#%&!ing hate his face & tiny little £#%&!ing string legs that get paid a £#%&!ing fortune to play for Manchester United when he is nowhere near the £#%&!ing standard required. He is the embodiment of Fergie's 2012 Shit@#%&!s. The king of the Shit@#%&!s.

£#%&! Ashley Young.
£#%&! all that, I hate him because I even thought we'd be better off with Berbatov back. £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:08 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:

£#%&! Ashley Young.

This a million times, absolutely detest the useless bastard.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:10 PM
dunk

Quote:

£#%&! Ashley Young.
That could've been c&p'd from one of my arguments with JakeB about us potentially signing him back in 2011 tbh

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Tiberian

Sorting out the midfield would help the wide players but it will not be a chrysalis, Young will still be average and Valencia will still be painfully one dimensional.

There was one moment yesterday, possibly the only moment of flair and creative thinking from a wide players when the ball was played into Rafael with his back to goal, he executed a drag back and stepover in one movement which left 2 Norwich defenders entirely unbalanced. Nothing came from it but it is the type of thing that would have shocked me if it had come from the actual wide players.

The total lack of imagination in Valencia's approach is astonishing, his greatest strength is persistence in his formulaic style but in this form it is also embarrassing to watch.
Closed Thread