United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
But Charlton would never want to make the front pages, he was a footballer, pure and simple.

Lots of footballers from other clubs make the front page, but it is usually for all the wrong reasons.
Yes, but I wasn't saying it was either right or wrong.
I'm not talking about making the front pages through scandal, It's just a figure of speech...as in United footballers transcend the Sport & are of interest to the Public at large, not just Football supporters.
Always have, right back to the 50s.

Anyway, save this debate for another time.
This thread is about Sir Bobby

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm not talking about making the front pages through scandal, It's just a figure of speech...as in United footballers transcend the Sport & are of interest to the Public at large, not just Football supporters.

Nah save the debate for the bitters or vermin

They could only be the ones looking for it?

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Bernard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
same here.

sad to see bernard attention seeking like this.
Huh? If I wanted to seek attention id go out disco dancing with a very gay quiff on my bonce & deck shoes . hahaha

Its not a popular view I know, and someone made the point that he was the first ever 'pop star' footballer and there was no precedent set on how to deal with it. Which is a cracking point.

Hate to get shit from real reds (Stoney not you obv) but Its how I feel, ive not come across ANYONE who slightly agrees with me. Maybe it would be different if id seen him play, but I cant lie and pretend I respect him in the slightest. All of him was the me me me me me me me side of him when he was older,Stealing another persons liver so he could carry on drinking etc.
so £#%&! knows how self absorbed he was when he was jonny big balls in the 60's 70's.

And for personal reasons, I do £#%&!in hate addicts, the most self obsessed @#%&!s you can ever come across. Its a disease!! My £#%&!in arse.

My 'hero' has always been Brian Robson the ultimate professional who hardly ever had a drink

I am wrong of course, but its my true feelings.

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard1
Huh? If I wanted to seek attention id go out disco dancing with a very gay quiff on my bonce & deck shoes . hahaha
pea#@&%!ing and pigeoning

there is a big difference pal...

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Best was the first of his ilk and had to deal with not just the stardom that was itself in it's infancy in terms of PR but the pressure of carrying an over aged squad.

Charlton had to carry the survivors guilt after seeing his best friends killed.

Two utter geniuses of the game. Lets be thankful Sir Matt had them both here.
this. they will still be revered as united legends 100 years from now.

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:45 PM
The taste of...

Quote:

Its not a popular view I know, and someone made the point that he was the first ever 'pop star' footballer and there was no precedent set on how to deal with it. Which is a cracking point.

Hate to get shit from real reds (Stoney not you obv) but Its how I feel, ive not come across ANYONE who slightly agrees with me. Maybe it would be different if id seen him play, but I cant lie and pretend I respect him in the slightest. All of him was the me me me me me me me side of him when he was older,Stealing another persons liver so he could carry on drinking etc.
so £#%&! knows how self absorbed he was when he was jonny big balls in the 60's 70's.

And for personal reasons, I do £#%&!in hate addicts, the most self obsessed @#%&!s you can ever come across. Its a disease!! My £#%&!in arse.

My 'hero' has always been Brian Robson the ultimate professional who hardly ever had a drink

I am wrong of course, but its my true feelings.
You have a good point which would be hard to argue with. But (your not supposed to start a sentence with that word, however) George is so different. No £#%&!er thinks of Messi like they did George.

Think of Beckham think of Ronaldo they had selfish personal goals and it was best who paved the way for them and took the shit they were perhaps more deserving of given they had no addictions other than self promotion?

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

No, l know what you mean, l thought l was going a bit off piste aswell.

Back to Bobby. Can you imagine how he felt in Moscow when we won on the 50th anniversary, for me it was one of the best things about it.

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Bernard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
pea#@&%!ing and pigeoning

there is a big difference pal...
Made me laff agen that, I cant rep you again it wont let me!!

Never have done the shaped eyebrows, front & bullshit. Maybe that's why I spend every evening alone

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Child of Darkness

if he had decent hair i could love him

Ive met him and he was miserable , the humourless git .

same can be said for robbo as well - angry man who had no time for the little guy (me at the time)

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

same can be said for robbo as well - angry man who had no time for the little guy (me at the time)
I met Bryan (1st name terms) as an 8 year old and he was delightful. motwyw.

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
jaffo

Quote:

So two completely different people met you and didn't like you?

Maybe it's you

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Made me laff agen that, I cant rep you again it wont let me!!

Never have done the shaped eyebrows, front & bullshit. Maybe that's why I spend every evening alone
Not quite alone surely?

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I met Bryan (1st name terms) as an 8 year old and he was delightful. motwyw.
I was 18 and he didnt have a pass to get into the backstage area of the rolling stones gigg at main road etgo he wasn't getting in. I was working that door for the night

hes never forgiven me to this day .

steve bruce and choccy and sunbed were with him as well

brucey was all smiles and fair dos lad have a word with your gaffer and robbo was all moody do you know who i am shit .

he still didnt have a pass

Unread 11-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Bernard1

[quote=The taste of...;3510701]You have a good point which would be hard to argue with. But (your not supposed to start a sentence with that word, however) George is so different. No £#%&!er thinks of Messi like they did George.

[b]Think of Beckham think of Ronaldo they had selfish personal goals and it was best who paved the way for them and took the shit they were perhaps more deserving of given they had no addictions other than self promotion?[/[/B]QUOTE]

Thanks, appreciate that. Its hard because if any red 'yoof' who hadn't seen him play started saying Eric 'wasn't all that' etc id be £#%&!ing fumin!!

Its an interesting point you make, wish I was addicted to self promotion

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I was 18 and he didnt have a pass to get into the backstage area of the rolling stones gigg at main road etgo he wasn't getting in. I was working that door for the night

hes never forgiven me to this day .

steve bruce and choccy and sunbed were with him as well

brucey was all smiles and fair dos lad have a word with your gaffer and robbo was all moody do you know who i am shit .

he still didnt have a pass
Stones or Robbo £#%&!ing hell... no one needs that decision...

I would've let him in i think... £#%&! Mick... Keith wouldn't notice anyway.

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Child of Darkness

Id have been a great nazi

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:17 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Id have been a great nazi
Yellow star? Don't care who you are get in.

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:17 PM
The taste of...

Did Bobby get in?

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Did Bobby get in?
Only if he wasn't Untermensch. Or a gyppo obv.

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

Another shameless opportunity to plug the video compilation I made of Bobby Charlton

Don't think modern day Utd fans or football fans in general realise just how great a player Bobby Charlton was

Closed Thread