United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 22-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Child of Darkness

Default Question re digital marketing for Boffins

So firstly excuse my ignorance on this subject ....

So in the hunt for a new digital marketing company and had a few pitches from companies .

Now it was my understanding that purchasing and linking alternative domain names to your website was no longer that great a thing to be doing .

However one pitch said this still works and would increase web traffic and potentially business and further more itís cheap and easy to do. Most of the other companies are either silent on eh isssue or have said itís a bit of a faff.

Whatís the crack ?

Unread 22-10-2018, 10:31 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

So in the hunt for a new digital marketing company and had a few pitches from companies .

Now it was my understanding that purchasing and linking alternative domain names to your website was no longer that great a thing to be doing .

However one pitch said this still works and would increase web traffic and potentially business and further more itís cheap and easy to do. Most of the other companies are either silent on eh isssue or have said itís a bit of a faff.

Whatís the crack ?
Presumably all those other sites also need optimising regular to have any real benefit so more time and more money eh?

Unread 22-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Whatís the crack ?
What do you mean by alternative domain names ?

DarknessLegalBeagals.com
DarknessLegalBeagals.net
DarknessLegalBeagals.org
DarknessLegalBeagals..eu

all pointing to

DarknessLegalBeagals.co.uk

or did you mean something else ?

Unread 22-10-2018, 10:42 AM
waynes ear's

PM Jacks Smirking Revenge

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/member.php?u=182

he can help you with this

Unread 22-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Hands of Scone

The optimum way to direct traffic to the business is to spray painti your website address on viaducts, put little cardboard signs at the lights, and walk about with a sandwich board.

Thatíll be £2000 thanks.

Unread 22-10-2018, 11:34 AM
FraUtd

If you own multiple domain names and want them to redirect to one, it shouldn't be a faff at all.
Pretty sure most DNS providers have the option in the dash/control panel, so no creating web pages to do it for you either.
Could move them all under one provider to streamline things maybe

Unread 22-10-2018, 11:44 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
If you own multiple domain names and want them to redirect to one, it shouldn't be a faff at all.
Pretty sure most DNS providers have the option in the dash/control panel, so no creating web pages to do it for you either.
Could move them all under one provider to streamline things maybe
This.

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Child of Darkness

Cheers for feedback was thinking along the lines of specific niche areas and conversely more general ones as per Albert s post

Fell over in street .org /com/co

The hosikal did right fuck me nan up . Com

Me boss is a wanker .Org

All pointing to darkness legal beagals.com

Or maybe to a landing page ??

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Cheers for feedback was thinking along the lines of specific niche areas and conversely more general ones as per Albert s post

Fell over in street .org /com/co

The hosikal did right fuck me nan up . Com

Me boss is a wanker .Org

All pointing to darkness legal beagals.com

Or maybe to a landing page ??
What FraUtd said works in both situations. You just need the one website and the magic of DNS routing will do the rest. Do you have access to said dashboard/control panel or do you pay someone to do all that stuff for you ?

Unread 22-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
What FraUtd said works in both situations. You just need the one website and the magic of DNS routing will do the rest. Do you have access to said dashboard/control panel or do you pay someone to do all that stuff for you ?
Have access but I also paid a young person to do it . Need to up my game on it hence current beauty parade .