United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2020, 12:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He won't be here next season.
Unless we have an absolute nightmare over the next few months then I think they’ll give him the start of next season.

He’s taking a load of flack himself and not putting pressure on the board like the last two managers so they’ll be loving that.

Unread 07-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
End of next season? That’s a lot of depressing football if we are still as bad as we have been under Ole so far. But you could argue that it’s fair. He needs at least the same time given to LVG and Mourinho. It’s also fair though to argue that he was qualified to be a temporary manager and nothing more and that keeping him around is cutting off the proverbial nose.

Personally, I think he’ll be around next season but if we have a similar start as we did this one, he’ll be out before Christmas.
Depends on what happens in the time in-between. If we don't sign enough players in the summer to not only fill the squad out to where it should be, but also replace some of the shite we have then he might as well walk when the window ends and let the next victim come in to suffer their fate.

Likewise if we spend a lot of money and buy all the players we need, but we're still inconsistent, then he will be rightfully sacked.

But while our squad is what it is, whats the point of sacking him? We'd only be setting up the next mug that comes in to fail.

Unread 07-01-2020, 12:50 PM
ryanMUFC

I struggle to understand or accept that getting beaten by the worst teams in the league is in any way part of rebuilding the club. If that was the case why didn’t we stock with Moyes, he had a better record than Solskjaer.

The owners are taking dividends from the club whilst the board hasn’t even replaced a striker that cost us about 75million. Fellaini and Herrera haven’t been replaced. The manager said that he was happy with the squad at the start of the season (Mourinho would have rightfully sulked, we’re Man United.). Ole has a habit of saying that mediocre players coming back from injury are new signings. Because the board/previous managers made a mistake with high profile signings we’re looking for players that fit a ‘profile’ (cheap).

It’s not being spoilt, it’s refusing to drop standards and expectations. We should have made top 4 last season. We probably won’t get it this season and we’ll overpay for an English attacking midfielder and make a few punts on players big clubs don’t want.

People use the City and Spurs games as points to argue that Solskjaer is the right man.. Spurs have being as bad as us this season. If you can’t expect a few good performances out of this group of players then there’s not much hope. City aren’t as good as last season, teams copy their intensity and hit them on the break because they’re vulnerable in defence.

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Sparky***

We need to get in the market for more bubbly characters who run around a lot. What’s Mo Farah up to these days?

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I struggle to understand or accept that getting beaten by the worst teams in the league is in any way part of rebuilding the club. If that was the case why didn’t we stock with Moyes, he had a better record than Solskjaer.

The owners are taking dividends from the club whilst the board hasn’t even replaced a striker that cost us about 75million. Fellaini and Herrera haven’t been replaced. The manager said that he was happy with the squad at the start of the season (Mourinho would have rightfully sulked, we’re Man United.). Ole has a habit of saying that mediocre players coming back from injury are new signings. Because the board/previous managers made a mistake with high profile signings we’re looking for players that fit a ‘profile’ (cheap).

It’s not being spoilt, it’s refusing to drop standards and expectations. We should have made top 4 last season. We probably won’t get it this season and we’ll overpay for an English attacking midfielder and make a few punts on players big clubs don’t want.

People use the City and Spurs games as points to argue that Solskjaer is the right man.. Spurs have being as bad as us this season. If you can’t expect a few good performances out of this group of players then there’s not much hope. City aren’t as good as last season, teams copy their intensity and hit them on the break because they’re vulnerable in defence.
You're wasting your time. The woodward koolaid has been drunk.

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We need to get in the market for more bubbly characters who run around a lot. What’s Mo Farah up to these days?

https://twitter.com/totallymufc/stat...422307840?s=21
Clueless.

Embarrassing really.

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:44 PM
puressence

Quote:
Oh i'm terribly sorry my discussing the current state of the football club on a football forum is upsetting for you.

Don't discuss the results everyone as Keith finds it all a bit boorish.

Perhaps we could have a poetry section where we express our frustrations in the form of prose? Or a league where we evaluate results based on some 'par' system? And then ban people who start slagging off the team or pointing out how shit things are? Then change the name of the forum Red and White Stretford End.

tbf sparky you turn every single topic into ole out ..everyone

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
tbf sparky you turn every single topic into ole out ..everyone
Correct, and has no solutions to offer apart from Ole out either. None of the roundabout crew do, apart from tossing out some random foreign coach who they have no clue will be successful; and off we go again.

This is about their inability to suffer through the fix more than Ole’s ability to fix things. No one knows because he hasn’t had enough time yet. I think about all the successful managerial stints that wouldn’t have survived this kind of impatience, and when you combine them with all the failures, that’s pretty much all football would ever have had - failures.

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Correct, and has no solutions to offer apart from Ole out either. None of the roundabout crew do, apart from tossing out some random foreign coach who they have no clue will be successful; and off we go again.

This is about their inability to suffer through the fix more than Ole’s ability to fix things. No one knows because he hasn’t had enough time yet. I think about all the successful managerial stints that wouldn’t have survived this kind of impatience, and when you combine them with all the failures, that’s pretty much all football would ever have had - failures.
Do you honestly think Ole is going to take us 'back to where we belong' like he keeps telling us?

Of course he won't.

He may stablise us, somewhat, as a mid table team but he isn't the man to help us make the next step of where want to be - in the mix for the Europa League spaces probably.

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Do you honestly think Ole is going to take us 'back to where we belong' like he keeps telling us?

Of course he won't. He may stablise us, somewhat, as a mid table team but he isn't the man to help us make the next step of where want to be - in the mix for the Europa League spaces probably.
I don’t know.

Unread 07-01-2020, 01:59 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I don’t know.
Full of confidence then. Just as a manager should fill you with.

Cool.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Full of confidence then. Just as a manager should fill you with.

Cool.
This is precisely why you cannot have a normal footballing conversation on here.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
This is precisely why you cannot have a normal footballing conversation on here.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
Or a league where we evaluate results based on some 'par' system? And then ban people who start slagging off the team or pointing out how shit things are? Then change the name of the forum Red and White Stretford End.
that’s exactly where we are heading

this was posted yesterday -
“We should be 7th and we are 5th so it’s are exceeding expectations”

the truth is we have a clueless manager that has been afforded the luxury of not actually be judged on the job he is paid to do.

he spent 135m on our defence and it’s no different from last season.
Didn’t reinforce the midfield after getting rid of 2 midfielders because he have some “good boys” who work hard in training and deserve a chance in there..
Didn’t replace a striker he sold

Some how it’s not his fault the squad is a shambles despite him making the decisions on who he sold and didn’t replace.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
that’s exactly where we are heading

this was posted yesterday -
“We should be 7th and we are 5th so it’s are exceeding expectations”

the truth is we have a clueless manager that has been afforded the luxury of not actually be judged on the job he is paid to do.

he spent 135m on our defence and it’s no different from last season.
Didn’t reinforce the midfield after getting rid of 2 midfielders because he have some “good boys” who work hard in training and deserve a chance in there..
Didn’t replace a striker he sold

Some how it’s not his fault the squad is a shambles despite him making the decisions on who he sold and didn’t replace.
No it’s not “The truth”; it’s your truth, in your head.

Was he clueless when we went on that run after he took over? Was he clueless in beating City, Spurs and all the other big 6, and being the only team who legitimately should have taken 3 points off Liverpool this year? Was he clueless in Paris, or are we ignoring those now in favour of judging him solely on our worst performances? Does that not sound like an agenda? Honest question.

Btw, I’m not advocating we judge solely on the teams best performances either - merely pointing out that there’s a legitimate middle ground here that no one wants to explore. It’s just this crazy, endless back and forth where every post is trying to be more extreme than the one before. “No, listen to me...I’m the one with all the answers and you must listen to me!!...wahhh, wahhh, wahhh.” It’s exhausting.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Cream

I think the football under Ole is better to watch than it was under anyone since Fergie.

Change my mind.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

The roundabout crew

I'd rather be part of the roundabout crew than the £#%&!ing Martyr brigade. "you must suffer through the fix to be able to find true salvation. For only true believers will suffer and maintain their faith"

You lot sound like my catholic sunday school.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:29 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I think the football under Ole is better to watch than it was under anyone since Fergie.

Change my mind.
On the counter attack hell yes

Most of the time it’s erratic and discombobulated

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Change my mind.
Yeah the football's so good that tickets are on general sale for the game tonight.

Unread 07-01-2020, 02:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
The roundabout crew

I'd rather be part of the roundabout crew than the £#%&!ing Martyr brigade. "you must suffer through the fix to be able to find true salvation. For only true believers will suffer and maintain their faith"

You lot sound like my catholic sunday school.
No one’s saying that though Sparky. I told you the other day that there are aspects of what he’s trying to do that I like, but I didn’t know whether he would ultimately be successful (the only TRUE answer imo) and you seized on the opportunity to demonstrate how that’s proof that I’m talking %@#$&!s simply because I wasn’t maniacally extreme like you.

It’s all bullshit mate.
Closed Thread