United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2019, 11:26 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Dogshit half arsed performances are back I see not that they ever really went away

Makes Lukaku look like Ronaldo

Good call to give him a five year deal

Unread 16-03-2019, 11:27 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Any manager we appoint is going to have to confront this problem. It wasn’t invented by Mourinho.
Agreed.

Unread 16-03-2019, 11:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

That passive nature he has in his play holds him back so much
He has great attributes but far too easy to defend against when he’s like tonight

Ole should show him a video compilation of Mane’s performances and show him what is clearly missing in his game

Unread 16-03-2019, 11:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Any manager we appoint is going to have to confront this problem. It wasn’t invented by Mourinho.
JM may have aggravated some problems, certainly in his latter days at United, but in truth he created very few of them.

Unread 16-03-2019, 11:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
JM may have aggravated some problems, certainly in his latter days at United, but in truth he created very few of them.
Whoa tonight was a £#%&!ing shit show but don't start defending that Chelsea @#%&! he created plenty of problems FFS

Unread 17-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Coracao

I question whether he has the desire to become a top player, despite him probably being our second most talented player.

Poor movement, goes hiding instead of demanding the ball, rarely attacks the back post (criminal if you are playing wide as you pick up easy goals). Unless the ball is played into feet he often doesn't seem interested. Not sure how any of these things can be coached into someone. Shame as he has the talent to be a very good player, but you don't become one of them on a consistent basis with the traits he currently has.

Unread 17-03-2019, 10:17 AM
guerreiro

Will always underwhelm I think; the odd good performance here and there, plaudits will flood in then back to meh. Poor mans Nani.

Unread 17-03-2019, 10:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Will always underwhelm I think; the odd good performance here and there, plaudits will flood in then back to meh. Poor mans Nani.
He’s disappointed more than he has thrilled, that’s for sure.

Would have liked to see him in a two last night. Always looks lost playing so wide.

Unread 17-03-2019, 11:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
Yep.

He’s the only forward player that hasn’t hit a run of form under Ole too. Has had the odd good game (Fulham) but unlike the rest of the forwards he’s been pretty poor.

Unread 17-03-2019, 11:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

He’s the only forward player that hasn’t hit a run of form under Ole too. Has had the odd good game (Fulham) but unlike the rest of the forwards he’s been pretty poor.
He was out for a month. Missed a game or 2 earlier in Ole's stint too IIRC.

Was shite yesterday, as were all the front 4, because Wolves planned and defended brilliantly. Not once was there any space for any of them to move into.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of reaction/change to what we were doing.

Unread 17-03-2019, 12:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Was shite yesterday, as were all the front 4, because Wolves planned and defended brilliantly. Not once was there any space for any of them to move into.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of reaction/change to what we were doing.
Yeah he’s missed a few games, but other than the match against bottom of the table Fulham he hasn’t dominated games like Pogba, Jesse, Rashers or Rom has tbf

Needs to learn how to get himself into games more, instead of waiting for things to happen and it all passing him by. His off the ball movement is lacking too.

He can’t blame the manager anymore.

Unread 17-03-2019, 12:53 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Get what you’re saying but seems Martial is always coming back from
Injury/being dropped. How many games does he need before he it is fair to criticise? If he gets picked, he should perform imo.

Was very poor yesterday and not for the first time.

Unread 17-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I question whether he has the desire to become a top player, despite him probably being our second most talented player.

Poor movement, goes hiding instead of demanding the ball, rarely attacks the back post (criminal if you are playing wide as you pick up easy goals). Unless the ball is played into feet he often doesn't seem interested. Not sure how any of these things can be coached into someone. Shame as he has the talent to be a very good player, but you don't become one of them on a consistent basis with the traits he currently has.
Well said. I like watching him but some reds talk like he’s this world class superstar who we’re lucky to have. Look at Aguero and Sterling. Any time I’ve watched City they’ve been killing themselves to get involved, whatever’s happening. Tone just doesn’t have the heart for all that mess.

Unread 17-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Hands of Scone

Lazy @#%&!. There is no excuse for a lack of effort. Maximum effort every game or £#%&! off.

Unread 17-03-2019, 01:03 PM
messhead

Worth pointing out he's still only 23 playing in the most disjointed Manchester United squad for over 25 years. We are running so thin it's a miracle we've done as well as we have under ole so far. Yes, mourinho could have done better but we have all known for ages that certain positions need to be addressed (fullbacks, a centre back, a midfielder and a right winger (sconers should do for now)). Martial prolonged Mou's stint here by scoring in about 8 games in a row and keeping us from sinking totally to the bottom of the table. If in a years time yesterday's performance is still a regular thing then I'll criticise him all day long but I think to single him out is unfair right now.

Willing to put good money on him being a beast for us by the time he's 25.

Unread 17-03-2019, 01:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Well said. I like watching him but some reds talk like he’s this world class superstar who we’re lucky to have. Look at Aguero and Sterling. Any time I’ve watched City they’ve been killing themselves to get involved, whatever’s happening. Tone just doesn’t have the heart for all that mess.
Yep.

We’re constantly told he’s world class or our best player, but performances like last night are a regular thing for him. He drifts in and out of games as though he’s still a 19 year old kid

Unread 17-03-2019, 01:07 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Sterling was just as inconsistent up until a year or so ago? All this talk of effort doesn't wash with me, some players aren't about the "Pashun" but you'd still want them on your team. The biggest, and no doubt a lazy example of this would be Messi. @#%&! strolls about the pitch every single game, even in the knockouts of big tournaments and yet we know what he can do.

Unread 17-03-2019, 01:13 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Sterling was just as inconsistent up until a year or so ago? All this talk of effort doesn't wash with me, some players aren't about the "Pashun" but you'd still want them on your team. The biggest, and no doubt a lazy example of this would be Messi. @#%&! strolls about the pitch every single game, even in the knockouts of big tournaments and yet we know what he can do.
Are you actually calling Messi a lazy stroller? That’s some defence of Martial.

Looking at the related threads at the bottom, this topic has been going on for over 3 years. That’s a pattern.

Unread 17-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Sterling has been levels ahead of Martial for as long as I can remember tbh. Be objective about it.

Unread 17-03-2019, 01:19 PM
messhead

Quote:
Are you actually calling Messi a lazy stroller? That’s some defence of Martial.

Looking at the related threads at the bottom, this topic has been going on for over 3 years. That’s a pattern.
No I'm saying that there are some players of real quality who do not necessarily display "passion" and "enthusiasm" as clearly as other players. But way to misunderstand my point, it must take some effort to be so wilfully thick. I don't think our squad has improved massively from three years ago (Lindelof is coming good but our midfield, full backs and that damn right wing position needs some serious work done).

To be honest I think martial is an easy scapegoat because of the aforementioned lack of outward passion that seems to offend so many people. Reality is we arent that good a team and if you think martial is the biggest problem I feel bad for you son.
Closed Thread