Closed Thread

Unread 09-10-2018, 09:25 PM
jem

Unread 09-10-2018, 10:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Aren't city's mob a bit suspect?
That is certainly one way of putting it, yes.

Unread 09-10-2018, 11:48 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
As for being owned by a repressive regime

This is what you're comfortable with if you've got the stomach

http://www.yemenpress.org/wp-content...y-1024x617.jpg

The biggest humatarian crisis in the world with millions on the brink of starvaation caused by our new potential owners

Ownership of utd would be a PR exercise to mask this shit

Nevermind though we're getting a new striker out of it
Which striker?

Unread 10-10-2018, 07:14 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I guess it would be slightly more palletable if we just got bought by one of their subsidiaries like Exxon or Shell...
British or euro?

Unread 10-10-2018, 12:17 PM
NellyTheEricphant

Wonder if the Murdoch BSKYB deal is still on the table, the wumming of the scouse after being owned by the Sun owner would be worth it alone.

Unread 10-10-2018, 12:33 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellyTheEricphant
Wonder if the Murdoch BSKYB deal is still on the table, the wumming of the scouse after being owned by the Sun owner would be worth it alone.
FYI - Murdoch doesn't own Sky anymore and the new owners don't have anything to do with The Sun

Unread 10-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Child of Darkness

Be interested to see how Many people who profess to being bothered about the deal stop buyers my tickets or paying sky/bt in protest .

About 2000 thousand last time iirc.

Unread 10-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Be interested to see how Many people who profess to being bothered about the deal stop buyers my tickets or paying sky/bt in protest .

What?

Unread 10-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Seamus

Quote:

and look how that ended up

Unread 10-10-2018, 07:13 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Most people leave something when they stop enjoying it - who owns the club and the direction they take it in may affect that enjoyment but it’s rarely the thing that’s the difference between enjoying something and not. That’s why F.C. was never going to grab that many - people didn’t want the glazers but that issue was always secondary to enjoying united. Most united fans hated Edwards (certainly whilst I was growing up) but it didn’t stop them going. The glazers are simply an extension of that. And SA would be too. Would give me the excuse I need (but then I really enjoyed Newcastle the other day! And so on.

Unread 11-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Most people leave something when they stop enjoying it - who owns the club and the direction they take it in may affect that enjoyment but it’s rarely the thing that’s the difference between enjoying something and not. That’s why F.C. was never going to grab that many - people didn’t want the glazers but that issue was always secondary to enjoying united. Most united fans hated Edwards (certainly whilst I was growing up) but it didn’t stop them going. The glazers are simply an extension of that. And SA would be too. Would give me the excuse I need (but then I really enjoyed Newcastle the other day! And so on.
That’s my point . All very well all the won’t someone think of the children brigade deploring the abysmal human rights record of these but it won t make any difference to the vast majority of the customer base .

They will continue to consume the product and buy the merchandise and wear the replica shirts ad infinitum .

Unread 11-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
That’s my point . All very well all the won’t someone think of the children brigade deploring the abysmal human rights record of these but it won t make any difference to the vast majority of the customer base .

They will continue to consume the product and buy the merchandise and wear the replica shirts ad infinitum .
Or at least until it needs a wash

Unread 11-10-2018, 12:43 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Just cancelled my vodafone contract.

#ffw

Unread 11-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Sooner those @#%&!s £#%&! off the better

Unread 11-10-2018, 04:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
They will continue to consume the product and buy the merchandise and wear the replica shirts ad infinitum
Well, unless we become *really* shit.

Unread 11-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, unless we become *really* shit.
Become?

Unread 11-10-2018, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Become?
I'm (just) old enough to remember relegation.

Unread 11-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I'm (just) old enough to remember relegation.
My first season going to OT

It was the 20th October 1973 just days short of exactly 45 years ago.we beat Birmingham city 1-0 with Alex Stepney scoring the winner from the penalty spot

Got the match day program from eBay a few years ago for £3

Will scan and upload if I get chance
Closed Thread