United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:08 AM
windy waffles

Aged about 15 years in the space of about 8 months.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:12 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Aged about 15 years in the space of about 8 months.
End of season:

''The young lads did us proud and the fact that West Ham put out their best XI and we held them to just 3-0 is a sign of the respect that teams have for the young lads like Jonesy, Rashy, Greeny and Tevezy''

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:12 AM
AK14

Not so chirpy in his latest presser this morning.

Sounds like he’s taking up property development too

Also mentioned the summer transfer window as the “proper one” and says it’s lot more difficult to get deals done in January...

He’s been told there’ll be no signings then.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Road
he should have kept Lukaku for a start as he'd have scored a lot more than lazy half arsed @#%&! Martial
Is this the same Lukaku that scored 12 league goals last season?

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Martial, Raahford and Greenwood have around the same goals as Salah, Firmino and Manè.

We have a lot of problems, those three are not them.

I wouldn't swap Martial for Lukaku. Nothing has changed on that front.
Martial has 11 goals, the Lukaku we were apparently fools to get shot of only scored 15 in the whole of last season.

Lukaku wanted out. Maybe Martial does too, I dunno, he's been weirdly loyal sticking around this long despite the absolute £#%&!ing mess all around him.

Nobody said swap Lukaku for Martial, there may have been a place for both. Martial certainly has played more of a part in our better performances this season than Lukaku ever did for us. Maybe he was worse in our worse ones than Lukaku would've been.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:21 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Is this the same Lukaku that scored 12 league goals last season?
Tbf that’s two more than Martial managed

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:32 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not so chirpy in his latest presser this morning.

Sounds like he’s taking up property development too

Also mentioned the summer transfer window as the “proper one” and says it’s lot more difficult to get deals done in January...

He’s been told there’ll be no signings then.
Which he won't be in charge of.

Poch is pulling the strings here.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:34 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Tbf that’s two more than Martial managed
Martial’s on 8 this season. I find it hard to believe Lukaku would have got ‘a lot more’ than that by this stage tbh.

Goals from the forwards haven’t been our problem. Obviously it’s in the spotlight now because Rashford is out again, but if we’d kept Lukaku he’d have started almost every game and there’s no way Rashford would have scored as many, and Greenwood likely wouldn’t have got half the minutes he has either.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:37 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Martial’s on 8 this season. I find it hard to believe Lukaku would have got ‘a lot more’ than that by this stage tbh.

Goals from the forwards haven’t been our problem. Obviously it’s in the spotlight now because Rashford is out again, but if we’d kept Lukaku he’d have started almost every game and there’s no way Rashford would have scored as many, and Greenwood likely wouldn’t have got half the minutes he has either.
You're forgetting that with Lukaku's fabulous control it would make the pinpoint through balls from Pereira and Fred so much more productive.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:40 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
You're forgetting that with Lukaku's fabulous control it would make the pinpoint through balls from Pereira and Fred so much more productive.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:41 AM
AK14

Quote:

You’re probably right pal.

But I’d rather we didn’t sell the bloke if we knew it meant no replacement coming in. We’re now relying on martial and an 18 yr old kid for the next 2-3 months and that’s a ridiculous position to be in imo.

But he wanted out so it’s a bit of a pointless argument tbf. I’d honestly have taken Llorente for a couple of season as back up rather than have zero depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Martial gave us his best Lukaku impression against Burnley tbf.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:43 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
You’re probably right pal.

But I’d rather we didn’t sell the bloke if we knew it meant no replacement coming in. We’re now relying on martial and an 18 yr old kid for the next 2-3 months and that’s a ridiculous position to be in imo.

But he wanted out so it’s a bit of a pointless argument tbf. I’d honestly have taken Llorente for a couple of season as back up rather than have zero depth.

Martial gave us his best Lukaku impression against Burnley tbf.
That's my tip for our loan signing.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Which he won't be in charge of.

Poch is pulling the strings here.
If that’s true then that’s pretty worrying and shows we haven’t learnt anything.

Desperately need a footballing structure in place so we don’t have to rely on managers for rebuilds every couple of seasons.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:47 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
If that’s true then that’s pretty worrying and shows we haven’t learnt anything.

Desperately need a footballing structure in place so we don’t have to rely on managers for rebuilds every couple of seasons.
Spurs wanted Fernandes in the summer. We didn't want him. Now we want him?

Not signing a striker as Kane to follow in the summer?

Pretty obvious to me.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:50 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Spurs wanted Fernandes in the summer. We didn't want him. Now we want him?

Not signing a striker as Kane to follow in the summer?

Pretty obvious to me.
Mourinho wanted Maguire, didn’t get him, and a year later we signed him. Was that Mou pulling the strings?

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:54 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Mourinho wanted Maguire, didn’t get him, and a year later we signed him. Was that Mou pulling the strings?
No that was Ole copying what Mourinho did as he is clueless.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:55 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
No that was Ole copying what Mourinho did as he is clueless.
How do we know Ole didn’t hear Poch wanted him and is now copying him too?

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:56 AM
AK14

Quote:
No that was Woodward copying what Mourinho did as he is clueless.
Fixed.

Unread 24-01-2020, 10:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
How do we know Ole didn’t hear Poch wanted him and is now copying him too?
Either way that doesn't look good on Ole does it?

And you've confused me.

Well done.

Unread 24-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Apparently saying Klopp took four years to improve the Scousers and he needs more time.

Klopp had won 1 (or two) titles with Dortmund and taken them to the European cup final - not taken Cardiff down and won the title with Molde (albeit the former was a fait accompli)... Bit different to be honest Ole lad.

"Of course you can see other teams have done well. Jurgen [Klopp] spent four years building his team and they're doing well now. I've said it so many time, it's not going to be a quick fix.
Closed Thread