United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Absolutely and he looked to me like he was right up for it but we threw that away. Tactically I thought Fergie got pretty much every decision he made Saturday wrong.
Agreed. Anderson cannot play on the left, it doesn't work either.

I do feel thought that VDS must take some blame. His reaction to that cross/whatever it was infuriated me.

We were comfortable prior to that.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Agreed. Anderson cannot play on the left, it doesn't work either.

I do feel thought that VDS must take some blame. His reaction to that cross/whatever it was infuriated me.

We were comfortable prior to that.
It was absolutely idiotic, Wes clearly had the situation covered and VDS comes running out like he's escaping a £#%&!ing house fire. Dutch #@&%!.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Whalefish

Anderson can play on the left, just as Wayne can play from the right (or left), but it should be flexible. It was anything but on Saturday. It's almost as if he decides to baffle the opposition, bet you weren't expecting that etc. Neither were the players as it unbalanced the side and the substitutions just made matters worse.

We had the players in that XI on Saturday to go 4-3-3 but Fergie opts for 4-4-2, and expects Anderson and Wayne to get chalk on their boots. It was as bad a decision as he's made for a while. He normally has 1 (or 2) matches a season where he makes a complete hash of it. I just hope Saturday was it.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Absolutely and he looked to me like he was right up for it but we threw that away. Tactically I thought Fergie got pretty much every decision he made Saturday wrong.
Scholes in the starting line up was all wrong. He was complaining all week before the match as well.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Anderson can play on the left, just as Wayne can play from the right (or left), but it should be flexible. It was anything but on Saturday. It's almost as if he decides to baffle the opposition, bet you weren't expecting that etc. Neither were the players as it unbalanced the side and the substitutions just made matters worse.

We had the players in that XI on Saturday to go 4-3-3 but Fergie opts for 4-4-2, and expects Anderson and Wayne to get chalk on their boots. It was as bad a decision as he's made for a while. He normally has 1 (or 2) matches a season where he makes a complete hash of it. I just hope Saturday was it.
Yup, that's exactly my view, he put a good team out but deployed them in position that almost deliberately negate their qualities.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Scholes in the starting line up was all wrong. He was complaining all week before the match as well.
Scholes in any United starting lineup is all wrong for you, it has been for 2 years and it is essentially pointless you saying it as everyone knows your obsession with it.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Yes that is essentially my point. Playing a rigid 442 was very strange given the players he started with. Anderson can play on the left of midfield but not 'on the left.' It was costly but it's early days.

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:15 AM
marlo stansfield

id love to know phelans take on all this.

what does he think we are doing?

what tactics does he think will help us play the football we want to play with the right personell?

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:17 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
id love to know phelans take on all this.

what does he think we are doing?

what tactics does he think will help us play the football we want to play with the right personell?
phelan is there for noveltyvalue

Unread 15-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Baron

Rooney's a new kind of No.10 / Trequartista. He has the vision & subtlety to dictate the play off the front but the work ethic of a central midfielder. A rare enough combination, finding a way of chanelling all that is the difficulty. He'd be a Gerrard style central midfielder, probably perfectly acceptable in the domestic game, with the right defensive partner. But on the continent, giving the ball away from the centre of the park would be criminal.

Should stick him behing Berbatov with Tevez & Ronnie, the interplay between them all will be £#%&!worthy in a few weeks. I don't think I've been as sure of anything for a long time.
Closed Thread