United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:19 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
Don't know what standard you use to define excellence.

Another pointless performance from a nothing player. The only thing that he seems to be good at is unbalancing the team even more than it already was and having Bruno, our most creative player for the last 3+ years, shunted around to shoehorn him into the side.

Another complete waste of money signing to address a situation that wasn't a priority.
get £#%&!ed, hank

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:29 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
just. call it as it is.

a shit signing.

he is not going to take this team to the next level. the fact no other club is even interested in signing him says it all.
id even say that Argentina lad Liverpool signed is a better player than this greedy #@&%!..

but then again most of you have made you bed so you have to lay in it.
ETH talent ID is atrocious.
when we lost Ronaldo and needed more goals he signed a stop gap striker that does everything but score goals.
we are so bad at keeping possession and controlling a game so we go and sign a midfielder that was being benched at Chelsea because he is always losing possession. we can just about afford to have bruno in the side playing the way he has. now we have a btec version as well

IN ETH YOU lot trust.
More wumming.

As i said “ we can barely afford to have Bruno in the side”

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:30 PM
silv

Quote:
More wumming.

As i said “ we can barely afford to have Bruno in the side”
When Amrabat can go in the middle, giving Bruno competition in the form of Mount is a positive, no?

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:35 PM
Ethers

On what planet was he always losing possession last night?

Probably our best player with the ball.

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

At Chelsea he was exactly how Bruno is for us.

He has slightly adjusted and being more economical with the ball but then that could also be because our forwards off the ball running is pathetic.

Point still stands. Cant afford to have him and Bruno in the team. Do you not agree?
Remember if one of our RW gets back in the team.

There’s 3 spots for grabs between casimero, mount, Bruno, amrabat and eriksen.

With casimero and amrabat we can afford to let Bruno do his bullshit as some of the shit he throws will stuck. Eriksen to replace him if we need abit more craft and intelligence.

That 60m could have bought us a forward to compete with the ever so productive Antony and rashford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
When Amrabat can go in the middle, giving Bruno competition in the form of Mount is a positive, no?
not when we have the following wide players

Rashford , Antony , pellistri and sancho!

Imagine getting competition for places in midfield (eriksen, mount and Bruno) for one position while having those clowns as wide players

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:51 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

This. If people have an agenda and don't like a player, just say so. But don't make shit up ffs.

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:54 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
This. If people have an agenda and don't like a player, just say so. But don't make shit up ffs.
Exactly. I absolutely do have an anti-Mount agenda but he was one of our better players last night.

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:58 PM
marlo

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/foot...runo-fernandes

Was that the complaint for England as well that led to him being called Southgate’s pet as well?

But then most you exclusively watch United games and nothing else

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:10 PM
Ethers

Okay. So we’re criticising him for the amount of times he lost possession for Chelsea back in 2021?

That seems perfectly fair.

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:16 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
get £#%&!ed, hank
No

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:27 PM
shenwen

Played well last night, although I'm not sure exactly where he was playing.

He needs more time to fit in and find his place and role in the team, but I'm oddly optimistic (which I wasn't during the summer)

Less worried about him right now than I am about Bruno and Rashford, our two biggest players.

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:29 PM
jem

Quote:
not when we have the following wide players

Rashford , Antony , pellistri and sancho!
harsh on nacho.

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:31 PM
puressence

To say Mount was excellent last night is being a marlo.

Pa didn’t he win Chelsea’s player of the year last two years ?

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Exactly. I absolutely do have an anti-Mount agenda but he was one of our better players last night.
I don't have an anti-mount agenda, although it was a pointless signing. the team was, once again, unbalanced. am prepared to accept this is partly because we've lost three left backs, but we don't have enough dms.

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Played well last night, although I'm not sure exactly where he was playing.

He needs more time to fit in and find his place and role in the team, but I'm oddly optimistic (which I wasn't during the summer)

Less worried about him right now than I am about Bruno and Rashford, our two biggest players.
Rashford baffles me. I know people say he’s a confidence player but surely his confidence would be sky high coming into this season, having been our top scorer and arguably our best player last season. Is his current form his standard and last year an anomaly?

Casemiro is also a huge concern. Yeah he’s scored a few goals, but he’s a defensive midfielder, not a striker. Goals should be the icing on the cake, not the main ingredient. He looks leggy and has never been the same since his last suspension. Teams like Madrid don’t just sell players like that for no reason - it’s normally because they’ve recognised the decline. We’ve been stung by Munich for the same reasons in the past.

Unread 04-10-2023, 03:13 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Rashford baffles me. I know people say he’s a confidence player but surely his confidence would be sky high coming into this season, having been our top scorer and arguably our best player last season. Is his current form his standard and last year an anomaly?

Casemiro is also a huge concern. Yeah he’s scored a few goals, but he’s a defensive midfielder, not a striker. Goals should be the icing on the cake, not the main ingredient. He looks leggy and has never been the same since his last suspension. Teams like Madrid don’t just sell players like that for no reason - it’s normally because they’ve recognised the decline. We’ve been stung by Munich for the same reasons in the past.
Same with varane. Good player, but has his best years behind him and if we are lucky we will get 2-3 seasons out of him. 1/3 of the time he is injured aswell.

Unread 22-10-2023, 10:28 AM
marlo

i see he was on the bench and brought on yesterday.

that priority signing we needed i see to help us play better.

Unread 22-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Ethers

Not much gets past you tbf does it.

Unread 22-10-2023, 10:45 AM
guerreiro

Still very very beige

Unread 22-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Jethro

Player on the bench shocker.

£#%&! me.