United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:47 AM
andyroo

Think last night was important before Liverpool. A lot riding on that game. It's not fair on Ole how much I want to win that

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
This.... but let's not forget Phelan, Carrick, the Phil Neville look alike etc. The whole coaching staff has had an influence here.
Mickey and Carrick would be largely instrumental in the defensive improvement. A Carrick in the team is what we’re sorely missing right now but signs are good. Would be mental to appoint anyone else whilst we have this momentum. This whole coaching setup looks like it’s on the right track and there’s still room for tweaks here as well as changes in the squad. Shame about the owners and Woowoo but despite them, we’re looking better than we have for a long time. The PSG game will be a learning curve as long as the squad is improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’m thrilled already pal whatever we do against Liverpool. We’re a million miles away from pretty much anything we’ve seen since Fergie left.
Real
There’s still questions but there always will be. The latest one about how we respond after a defeat was just smashed to £#%&!.

Player Recruitment is my main issue if he stays and we could do with a top draw proven DOF.
Absolutely this, Keith but I just think a DOF will be another puppet for the gimps, merely taking the weight off Woowoo. I suppose he’d be an improvement.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Still think the psg game if we get first goal isnt over
tough ask. We got completely outclassed - think Ole was a touch naive thinking we'd just smash them with lingard martial and rashford, and when they went off injured we just weren't prepared.

At least we know we have to go for it. Will neymar and cavani be back?

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:57 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Love to share your enthusiasm pure but if PSG score, which they will, we then need to score 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
tough ask. We got completely outclassed - think Ole was a touch naive thinking we'd just smash them with lingard martial and rashford, and when they went off injured we just weren't prepared.

At least we know we have to go for it. Will neymar and cavani be back?
Depends if his sister has kicked out all of her party guests...

Unread 19-02-2019, 10:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Liverpool and City will definitely be a next level of challenge to last night. Chelsea’s confidence is so brittle. But if we can keep our own level of confidence up we will make top four comfortably. Whatever happens at the end of the season that would represent the most positive period at the club since Fergie left. Whoever was behind the Ole appointment (can take a guess) got it very very right

Unread 19-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’m thrilled already pal whatever we do against Liverpool. We’re a million miles away from pretty much anything we’ve seen since Fergie left.

There’s still questions but there always will be. The latest one about how we respond after a defeat was just smashed to £#%&!.

Player Recruitment is my main issue if he stays and we could do with a top draw proven DOF.
Completely agree mate.

We're in danger of overanalysing all this. Each week seems to be the week where we REALLY find out what he's all about it.

There's nothing we're going to learn in one game.

We're learning over time. We're learning in similar moments.

We know what he's all about and what he's capable of doing. And not just over a handful of games. Over a fairly sustained period with a range of games, circumstances and issues with injuries.

We got our answer yesterday as to how they would respond to the first proper set back.

Anything could happen against Liverpool because they're a good side and results in that fixture vary.... but I'm completely confident we'll approach the game in the right way.

Unread 19-02-2019, 10:25 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

Bottle jobs written all over them.

Unread 19-02-2019, 10:26 AM
waynes ear's

should be given the job for the verbal slap he gave Alan Shearer on live tv

Unread 19-02-2019, 10:29 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
should be given the job for the verbal slap he gave Alan Shearer on live tv

There's a proper fire in his belly and grit to him, he's not taking shit off anyone even BBC Pundits

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

We're in danger of overanalysing all this.

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shut up

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Switching Off

Starting to think we might have happened upon the right man long term

Big fan of Poch but he'd likely do 3 years then £#%&! off to Spain and we're back where we started.

With Ole there's potential for a long dynasty.

We talk about United's higher risk attacking approach to games; I'm willing to channel that spirit and gamble on Ole

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Big fan of Poch but he'd likely do 3 years then £#%&! off to Spain and we're back where we started.

We talk about United's higher risk attacking approach to games; I'm willing to channel that spirit and gamble on Ole
£35m release fee for a manager That alone should put the notion of Poch to bed. £#%&!.That.

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:41 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

It's not a gamble.

The question is, where should united be in 3 years from now. Now 5, not 10, just 3.

In 3 years time we should be regularly challenging for the title and the FA cup. We should be qualifying for the CL each season and we should be aiming for QF or better.

Who could get us there ? I'm confident that Solskjaer and this coaching team could.

Give him a 3 year contract. Both the club and he will be different in 3 years. Decide then on a 5 year extension... or not

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:51 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Has to be doesn't it? Imagine £#%&!ing him off and ruining what's been built up since he came in and starting again? Winning away at Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of about 6 weeks

Unread 19-02-2019, 11:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Has to be doesn't it? Imagine £#%&!ing him off and ruining what's been built up since he came in and starting again? Winning away at Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of about 6 weeks
even ferie didnt manage that treble

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:02 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

i am struggling to see on what metric you could deny OGS a shot at the job for a while.

the acid tests - spurs, arsenal, chelsea etc. have shown that he can get the players playing well and winning - we wouldn't have done that with Jose at the helm. let him have a go...

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i am struggling to see on what metric you could deny OGS a shot at the job for a while.

the acid tests - spurs, arsenal, chelsea etc. have shown that he can get the players playing well and winning - we wouldn't have done that with Jose at the helm. let him have a go...
Funny how every time we beat a decent side it's because they're having a bad time

Unread 19-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Parlabane

Quote:

Yep think Switchers nails it with this - Team Ole
Closed Thread