United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Reply
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default anyone else think this is all gonna come to nothin?

Can't see MUST(PFJ- officials) ever doing anything tangible tbh

redknights .... got me doubts that real money will ever be on the table
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 12:20 PM
BarryX
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Can't see MUST(PFJ- officials) ever doing anything tangible tbh

redknights .... got me doubts that real money will ever be on the table
maybe your right - but one things for sure, if we ever do buckle under the financial strain those blood sucking leaches have put the club under, at least the core of fans who tried to do something about it can be proud of their efforts. Rather we fight and die (and consider all options along the way) than just sit there with our pants round our ankles and get #%&!ed in the ass to death.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

thats a good analogy

cant help but think tho that thats exactly what MUST are doing - sitting there with ther pants round there ankles .


When if ever are they going to call for a boycott - they have the mandate now - they have the membership - now its time to call for action. Pick a home game all walk out or all not attend
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 12:43 PM
BarryX
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
thats a good analogy

cant help but think tho that thats exactly what MUST are doing - sitting there with ther pants round there ankles .


When if ever are they going to call for a boycott - they have the mandate now - they have the membership - now its time to call for action. Pick a home game all walk out or all not attend
I completely agree, and would love to see a full on protest outside the ground on such a match day. Many people would still try and attend, but of course if they announced the fact a month or so in advance, and got properly organized, there could be a green and gold army of thousands surrounding the ground/blocking the entry points. It would generate major global publicity and would certainly be my next strategic move (if I was sat at the MUST/Red Knights Round Table].
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
BarryX
 
Default

and a further note. As some of you know I have been living abroad for years, and therefore am not a match going member (so it's relatively easy to say 'I wouldn't go to such and such a game that MUST announce should be boycotted). However I tell you here and now - I would fly back to Manchester to join in the protests if such a boycott, and a call to form a picket line, ever took place.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
koppas
 
Default

I think it's gonna come to nothing because:

a) the glazers don't give a #%&! if people are protesting. they are over in florida so what do they care about a few people wearing scarves etc.

b) if people boycott, other bums will be on seats

c) there is no indication that they will sell. they obviously have/had a plan of some sort.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:07 PM
BarryX
 
Default

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I think it's gonna come to nothing because:

a) the glazers don't give a #%&! if people are protesting. they are over in florida so what do they care about a few people wearing scarves etc. perhaps, or perhaps the continual bad PR against them will start to take effect.

b) if people boycott, other bums will be on seats Depends on the form that a boycott takes. If it was well organized I am sure that several thousand in picket lines would cause a major problem for those that wanted to ignore such a boycott.

c) there is no indication that they will sell. they obviously have/had a plan of some sort. the only people who can stop the plan from working is the fans themselves, but of course the global fanbase need to get involved (and not just the match goers). I think that's why Obama's PR company were called into action by MUST, and the fact that they succeeded in getting more new members in 5 days than MUST has in 10 years* is proof that they are shit hot at their job.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:30 PM
borsuk
 
Default

the problem with the boycott idea has always been the same: that the goal is not clear. 'force the glazers to sell' is fine, but for them to sell there has to be a buyer and until now there has not been. quite a few things suggest the red knights are serious - the presence of people with experience and reputations in the field, the comments of observers familiar with those individuals and, crucially, the increase in price of the bonds, suggesting serious investors view the a takeover as realistic.

how will it all pan out? who knows, but imo the best we can reasonably hope for is for outside investors to come in who will pay off the debt and allow the club to function without that burden. the red knoghts' statements about involving fans in a model along spanish lines are very positive imo.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
When if ever are they going to call for a boycott - they have the mandate now

They have mentioned it but I doubt they'll call for it as they currently have a successful campaign and when the boycott inevitably fails then it could bring down the whole campaign.

They don't have a mandate for boycott. You want a boycott. I'd like a boycott too if I'm honest but expecting everyone to boycott is unrealistic. My problem with you is that you seem insistent on painting anything that isn't a complete boycott as a total failure. That's completely missing the point (even if it is in total earnest.)
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

people who want to sell don't normally go 'whoo hoo make me an offer' - everyone has their price, there will be a point where it makes sense for them to cut and run.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

I said they had a mandate to call for a boycott. The fact is -This is the only thing that will affect the glazers - nothing else will work .

The point is tho mate that if a boycott fails then the whole movt fails to oust the glazers . If it doesn't achieve that aim then yes it is a failure
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
people who want to sell don't normally go 'whoo hoo make me an offer' - everyone has their price, there will be a point where it makes sense for them to cut and run.
and that point will be considerably nearer if they are faced with a mass exodus of paying spectators
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:30 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I said they had a mandate to call for a boycott. The fact is -This is the only thing that will affect the glazers - nothing else will work .

The point is tho mate that if a boycott fails then the whole movt fails to oust the glazers . If it doesn't achieve that aim then yes it is a failure

You are claiming things as fact that are entirely speculative. That doesn't help anyone.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

we will have to agree to disagree

my point and indeed many other peoples point is this

no fans + no money = sale of business and change of owner

edit;

further its probably too late to call for a one match boycott now anyway (further evidence of must sitting on their hands) most games are now vital to the title race and the most palatable one to boycott is this sunday against fulham far too late in the day to organise
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
armchair
 
Default

You see things as black and white. That's not the way things are.

You want to affect glazer. the red knights want to affect the price.

you haven't. they probably have.

If you keep on saying anything but a boycott is a failure do you even realise what you are actually saying?
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

why the personal attack?

if you cant see that a boycott will affect the price then I'm not sure what common ground we have .

It is simple to me what to do - the only way to harm them (cos they don't give one about me or you) is not to pay them .

If you want the fans to have a seat at the table then the bigger share the fans have in any future compnay the more say they will have in the club, therefore the cheaper the company is to buy the more of the company MUSTS pheonix fund will buy.

A club that has no revenue is one going bust - they will be forced to buy on the red knights terms .

I'm not sure why you cant see that? Tbh this thread just further convinces me that nothing will come of this . If you a reasonable lad can't even agree with the need for an immeadiate MUST led boycott (something harris himself has called for) then that just proves to me it will all go nowhere.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

#%&!in hell
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
armchair
 
Default

There's no personal attack from me whereas you barrel on here and call everyone failures just because they aren't as radical as you.

I don't think you even realise the message you are sending:

Oh #%&! off with your scarf, I'm better than you - I boycott! You are all failures and until you follow my lead you always will be.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

The only thing that will persuade the glazers to sell is if they get an offer they can't refuse.

So get your #%&!ing pennies together instead of boasting about how rich you are and make them that offer - i reckon 2bn might be enough, given projected future revenues from new technologies. Who knows, they may even go for less? Perhaps you could start the bidding with your loose change at say, 1.2bn?

Whatever, if you're that #%&!ing minted why do you need to try and #%&! around 'persuading' the fans into boycotting the team to try and save a few quid ffs

Man up and "rescue" united.
 
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
borsuk
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
The only thing that will persuade the glazers to sell is if they get an offer they can't refuse.

So get your #%&!ing pennies together instead of boasting about how rich you are and make them that offer - i reckon 2bn might be enough, given projected future revenues from new technologies. Who knows, they may even go for less? Perhaps you could start the bidding with your loose change at say, 1.2bn?

Whatever, if you're that #%&!ing minted why do you need to try and #%&! around 'persuading' the fans into boycotting the team to try and save a few quid ffs

Man up and "rescue" united.
that's the spirit. hurry up and do it, rich people. don't ask fans to get involved ffs.

for somebody who claims to see capitalism for what it is you certainly have a strange attitude towards certain things. in fact i don't think i've seen too many people with such a submissive and fatalistic attitude towards wealth and power.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: anyone else think this is all gonna come to nothin?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
keep the faith .....its gonna get better ..... puressence Football 84 10-04-2014 05:56 PM
What's it gonna take Marvel7 Football 36 09-03-2014 04:01 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.