Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
1. Are YOU steve bennett?
2. Are YOU steve bennett's son?
3. Are YOU any of steve bennett's other immediate family?
4. Are YOU steve bennett's relative?
5. Are YOU steve bennett's neighbour?
6. Are YOU a friend of steve bennett?
7. Are YOU a work colleague of steve bennett?
8. Are YOU in the same car pool as steve bennett?
9. Are YOU in the same book club as steve bennett?
10. Are YOU in the same therapy group as steve bennett?

see where i'm going here?
ffs get over yourself, the ref did his best, he wasnt perfect but no ref ever is. chelsea scored a legitimate goal and we lost. get a £#%&!ing grip man.

Unread 21-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sitter
i thought the ball was over the line for the giggs 'goal' ..how about that for a game changing decision ?
Another #@&%! who doesn't know the laws of the game and comes on here spouting shite.

See law 12 decision 2 gobshite:

http://www.fifa.com/en/regulations/r...1584,3,00.html

Unread 21-05-2007, 08:59 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Another #@&%! who doesn't know the laws of the game and comes on here spouting shite.

http://www.fifa.com/en/regulations/r...1584,3,00.html
Sorry, not with you.

Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct, no mention of decisions and nothing to suggest that the giggs goal should not have stood. I think you'll find the only reason it was disallowed was that the ref didn't think it had crossed the line which, clearly, it had.

The ref was shit, there can be no doubt about that. But United are used to shit refs and we should have won that game by two or three goals. Chelsea played at the top of their game and it took them 2 hours and a poor decision by the ref for them to score against a United team that were no where near the top of their game.

I just wish Fergie would stop being scared of playing these so called "big" teams and go out and play United style football all the time. Even if we had still lost on Saturday at least it would have been worth watching.

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:19 AM
S/Side.Red

It was impossible for him to give the decision about the ball crossing the line, but he probably should have penalised Giggs for a foul on Cech anyway.

It wasn't a particularly challenging game for the referee overall, but he still managed to get a fair bit wrong. Failing to book Joe Cole early on and giving that appalling decision against Smith, which led to the goal, when he was standing right on top of it, stand out.

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:25 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It was impossible for him to give the decision about the ball crossing the line, but he probably should have penalised Giggs for a foul on Cech anyway.
Or more correctly, Essien for fouling Giggs as he ran onto the ball in the first place

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Or more correctly, Essien for fouling Giggs as he ran onto the ball in the first place
Perhaps, though I'm not sure, with the red-tinteds off, whether there was enough in that to give a pen.

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:36 AM
mr.sitter

Quote:

i gave a civilised response to a question. is there really any need to call me a #@&%! and a gobshite...... £#%&!er

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Whalefish

This was posted on another forum and I 100% agree with it:

This was pissing me off all the way home. "Giggs' shot was over the line." Who £#%&!in cares? From 2 yards out no one should have been left in any doubt that it was over the line, cos the £#%&!er should have blown the net apart with it.

That's when we knew we were on a loser.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Sorry, not with you.
See decision 2 as I specifically mentioned £#%&!wad:

The goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball by touching it with any part of his hand or arms.

Even if the ball had crossed the line, the goal could not have been given, therefore it is a non issue.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sitter
i gave a civilised response to a question. is there really any need to call me a #@&%! and a gobshite...... £#%&!er
Yes there is a need when you slate the referee in an uncivilised manner yourself. Try learning the laws of the game and reffing an 11 a side match yourself, then think on before you post things you know nothing about.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I think someone's having their period.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I think someone's having their period.
Someone got an 80€ fine this morning and is certainly not in the mood to suffer £#%&!wits gladly.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:05 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
See decision 2 as I specifically mentioned £#%&!wad:

The goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball by touching it with any part of his hand or arms.

Even if the ball had crossed the line, the goal could not have been given, therefore it is a non issue.
Nothing in your link looked even remotely like your description of how to find it. even if the point you are trying to make is correct, you still look a complete £#%&!wit if you can't direct people to it.

And to follow up your point, the goalie catches the ball and in the process is bundled over the line by one of his own players, is that not a goal either? Players knock into each other and push each other over all the time without it being a foul, how id this any different.

Object over ruled, it was a goal. NFT.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Nothing in your link looked even remotely like your description of how to find it. even if the point you are trying to make is correct, you still look a complete £#%&!wit if you can't direct people to it.
£#%&! me. I give up. You are just too thick.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:

And to follow up your point, the goalie catches the ball and in the process is bundled over the line by one of his own players, is that not a goal either? Players knock into each other and push each other over all the time without it being a foul, how id this any different.

Object over ruled, it was a goal. NFT.
I think the point is that cech had the ball in his hands and had control of it, then giggs slid into him pushing both cech and the ball over the line. Had cech not had control of the ball the goal may well have stood but he did have control of it and so the 'goal' was not allowed. The mistake the ref made was not blowing for a free kick, which probably means he didnt think the ball crossed the line and was willing to let play continue as the goalie already had possession.

it wasnt a goal, it wasnt a penalty and the ref was ok, end of.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:24 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
£#%&! me. I give up. You are just too thick.
Your quoted text appears nowhere on the page you linked, now who's the thick one exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I think the point is that cech had the ball in his hands and had control of it, then giggs slid into him pushing both cech and the ball over the line. Had cech not had control of the ball the goal may well have stood but he did have control of it and so the 'goal' was not allowed. The mistake the ref made was not blowing for a free kick, which probably means he didnt think the ball crossed the line and was willing to let play continue as the goalie already had possession.

it wasnt a goal, it wasnt a penalty and the ref was ok, end of.
But giggs played the ball into the keeper then slid into him. If that had been an outfield player and you played the ball into another player it wouldn't be a foul (see Brown on Robben, highlight of the game for me).

The worst part is, it shouldn't £#%&!ing matter because if we had played to even half of our capacity we would have £#%&!ing battered Chelsea, they were shit. Unfortunately, so were we

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Your quoted text appears nowhere on the page you linked, now who's the thick one exactly
Click on "English Laws of the game" it's not rocket science dumbo.

Edit, tell you what as you are really that thick I tracked down the embedded link for you:

http://www.fifa.com/en/laws/menu.htm

Now click on law 12 and navigate to page 5. If the goalie has control of the ball and you take the ball off him its a free kick. Basic knowledge really.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:40 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Click on "English Laws of the game" it's not rocket science dumbo.

Edit, tell you what as you are really that thick I tracked down the embedded link for you:

http://www.fifa.com/en/laws/menu.htm

Now click on law 12 and navigate to page 5. If the goalie has control of the ball and you take the ball off him its a free kick. Basic knowledge really.
Congratulations on managing to provide a coherent link. Now just read my comment about the rule a few posts back.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Congratulations on managing to provide a coherent link. Now just read my comment about the rule a few posts back.
Yes I read your post but as already stated the rule is different when applied to a goalkeeper. If the goalie has one finger on the ball and you slide in and take the ball its still a free kick for the GK.

Unread 21-05-2007, 11:48 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Yes I read your post but as already stated the rule is different when applied to a goalkeeper. If the goalie has one finger on the ball and you slide in and take the ball its still a free kick for the GK.
But giggs was also in contact with the ball and carried it into the keeper, you can't apply the same rule. Well, except that keepers get far too much protection and if you dare to go anywhere near one you are penalised.

Anyway, the whole point is moot because that's not what the ref gave.
Closed Thread