Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Serenity Now

Thumbs up Ronaldo: "The referee was under pressure all week from Chelsea."

"But it's over now, that's football and we are still champions."

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Nothing wrong with the ref today, hardly made any mistakes. There was no bias at all.

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Nothing wrong with the ref today, hardly made any mistakes. There was no bias at all.
Apart from not penalising Joe Cole's appalling two footed tackle, not playing the advantage when Giggs was through, not awarding the penalty, Ronaldo getting blocked off and then the Smith (non) freekick prior to the goal...

Anyway, the point of the post was the second bit, not the first.

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Apart from not penalising Joe Cole's appalling two footed tackle, not playing the advantage when Giggs was through, not awarding the penalty, Ronaldo getting blocked off and then the Smith (non) freekick prior to the goal...

Anyway, the point of the post was the second bit, not the first.
What penalty? the ref wasnt perfect but he did ok - anyway the prem is the big one which is why the lads weren't totally gutted at the end and yeah we are champions and thats what really counts.

All in all an excellent season on the park.

Unread 20-05-2007, 11:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Quote:
What penalty? the ref wasnt perfect but he did ok.
did you watch the game, lmc?

Unread 20-05-2007, 12:18 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Was just thinking the same.

As a rule I don't usually go in for the 'Ref cost us the match' line. I'd much rather look at reasons why we didn't win the match from our point of view...But, the ref was atrocious yesterday. Biased, petty, hypocritical, a £#%&!ing cheat lets be honest.

Some of his decisions yesterday were embarrassing.
The one that stands out the most for me (& there was a £#%&!ing lot of them) was the one where he pulled play back to book Makelele despite United being just about on the edge of the Chelsea box in a 3 on 3 situation.

Having said that, I did make the point on here the other day that the penalty Ronnie scored at City was our only goal scored in the 4 games since Everton...& that without question it was a concern with the Cup Final coming up.
Apparently it was just 'doom' speaking though

Unread 20-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I did - but i didnt see any clear cut penalty claims. The ref made a couple of minor mistakes but was generally ok imo.

The ref had nothing to do with the result, it was a very even game and either team could have won it.

Unread 20-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
But, the ref was a £#%&!ing cheat lets be honest.
Absolute %@#$&!s. When will you #@&%!s get it, a ref CANNOT get all decisions in a game right, its just impossible. If you have ever tried reffing a proper game you would know. It pains me that the only way we're going to shut up #@&%!s like yourself is to bring in American football style reffing with x amount of refs, stoppages and replays.

We got beat yesterday because we stopped playing the system that won us the league and a few of our players namely Ronaldo (who incidently this thread is about, crying like a bitch about the ref) was invisible and bottled it.

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:19 PM
mr.sitter

i thought the ball was over the line for the giggs 'goal' ..how about that for a game changing decision ?

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:43 PM
penguin1

Default Bennett...

...hates United
...loathes Ronaldo

He was shite at the final. But not quite as bad as I feared. The failure to let an advantage when we were through was APPALLING and a cringeworthy mistake for any ref at any level.

Unread 20-05-2007, 11:39 PM
jem

Default now look

it was not solely bennett that cost us the game - we were very poor, set up wrong and with totally the wrong attitude. we should have just gone at them. it would have helped if rooney or ronaldo had brought their shooting boots too, but you can't plan for that. we allowed ourselves to be robbed.

however, we were robbed.

when ronaldo got the long ball in the first half, ferreira pulled his shoulder to get him off balance, partly why he shot wide. that could have a been a penalty. essien caught giggs on the "goal". that could have been a penalty. I'd like to see what terry was doing to smith when the ball was played slightly behind him too - the way he moved suggested he was being held.

the ball clearly crossed the line. giggs did not foul cech. giggs got the ball first and his momentum carried him into cech. there is no way that was a foul (whatever joe @#%&!ing lovejoy says).

both rooney (header from fletch, fluffed chance) and giggs (whistle blew before he shot, so might have scored) were given offside when they were not.

smith's tackle was fair. chelsea scored as a result of the free kick.

drogba could have been sent off for elbowing vidic again. he fouled persistently and got away with it. then there was cole's challenge. and a couple of times he failed to play advantage with united in free and dangerous possession.

unfortunately, in a close game, these are the decisions that decided the match. and every £#%&!ing one went against us. bennett is, without question, a biased @#%&!.

you may say it's sour grapes. you may say it's making excuses. but how could anyone deny that bennett was absolutely shit? and we knew he would be. because he always £#%&!ing is. the only surprise is that he didn't send scholes off.

Unread 20-05-2007, 11:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

amen to all of the above

except Rooney was offside from Fletcher's header they gave it as offside as well

Unread 20-05-2007, 11:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
amen to all of the above

except Rooney was offside from Fletcher's header they gave it as offside as well
the replays suggested it was onside. not that it mattered as he choked on the chance anyway.

Unread 20-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the replays suggested it was onside. not that it mattered as he choked on the chance anyway.
Chelsea killed the game as a spectacle. They had the opportunity to prove to the world that they aren't a boring functional side whose idea of attacking play is to alehouse it up to the cheating @#%&! Droghba.

I'm happy with what I have spent my season ticket money on. Can many Chelsea fans say that?

Unread 21-05-2007, 12:00 AM
TreeFiddy

Sky Sports News had Jeff Winter on today about the ball being over the line.

You know what he said?

'Ronaldo told the referee he could see it from the half way line which is impossible so he was lying and therefore trying to cheat the referee. But we shouldn't be surprised at that because we know what Ronaldo is like'

Unread 21-05-2007, 12:01 AM
jem

Default we know what

jeff winter is like.

Unread 21-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

You know what he said?

'Ronaldo told the referee he could see it from the half way line which is impossible so he was lying and therefore trying to cheat the referee. But we shouldn't be surprised at that because we know what Ronaldo is like'

Quite complementary from hysterical £#%&!wit boro fan winter.

Unread 21-05-2007, 12:19 AM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

You know what he said?

Posted that before, If I was Ronnie, I would sue the fat @#%&! for slander

Unread 21-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I've seen many a game where the ref or a linesman clearly had it in for us but that wasn't one of them. Blaming the ref is a pretty poor show imo, we should be above that - we all know why we didnt win and it has nothing to do with the ref.

The simple fact is, if you create enough chances, even with a slightly biased ref eventually you will score a legitimate goal that the ref can do nothing about. But if you play defensive football and fail to create enough chances then you risk the chance of losing. Thats all that happened to us - too few chances and not taking the half decent ones we did have. Blaming the ref for that is scouse-esque.

Unread 21-05-2007, 05:15 AM
d_knight

Default Lou Macari's Chippy. A few questions...

1. Are YOU steve bennett?
2. Are YOU steve bennett's son?
3. Are YOU any of steve bennett's other immediate family?
4. Are YOU steve bennett's relative?
5. Are YOU steve bennett's neighbour?
6. Are YOU a friend of steve bennett?
7. Are YOU a work colleague of steve bennett?
8. Are YOU in the same car pool as steve bennett?
9. Are YOU in the same book club as steve bennett?
10. Are YOU in the same therapy group as steve bennett?

see where i'm going here?
Closed Thread