United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:40 PM
dunk

Default Has Mou left us in a better state than when he arrived?

This was the minimum we were told to expect by the Pro-Mou boys from day 1. What do you reckon?

Have to say I think we're quite a bit worse off than that glorious day lifting the FA Cup tbh..

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:42 PM
waynes ear's

who £#%&!ing cares with helmets like Ed Woodward undermining the first team managers attempts to improve the squad and get rid of shit like Jesse £#%&!ing Lingard?

who absolutely £#%&!ing cares?

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Time For Heroes

No. Hth

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Bunker Buster

He was on course too.......

But no.

He's tossed us aside like a ginger step-child...

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Switching Off

I'd say so. Two decent seasons where it looked like we were making process to build on.

He hasn't done that this season which is no surprise after the club embarrassed him on the eve of it.

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Mr_Ed

I think we have better players than when LVG left. Just need somebody to make them pass, attack, defend, run and generally play football now.

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:50 PM
AK14

Kept hold of players like De Gea and Martial

Brought in players like Pogba, Bailey, Lindelof, Dalot etc who will of course now turn into world beaters under a new manager

Consistently qualified for the CL

Completed the set

Shown Woodward up to be an absolute bigger cretin than we already thought

Purposely made things so bad so that the only way is up

I’d say, yes he has

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This was the minimum we were told to expect by the Pro-Mou boys from day 1. What do you reckon?

Have to say I think we're quite a bit worse off than that glorious day lifting the FA Cup tbh..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY6G5LT1iow
Shit@#%&!ing our way to a win against that lot....

Our squad is obviously better but the football is equally as shit, so we've clearly gone backward to this point. Spending that much money to play this badly & ostracise the quality we have is a shambles. But is was all on the menu when we appointed him. The expectation was we'd have won the league in season 2, given we're the only club he hasn't done that with since 2002 it's a reflection of Utd as much as it is him.

DoF, some restructuring of the scouting & recruitment etc - I think we have quality to utilise rather than just a £#%&!ing mess that LvG left. That cup final win papered over the absolute pits of a squad & style.

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Sparky***

hard to say. Probably not. We've sort of just tread water really since 2015.

Neo

Thumbs up

We're in 6th place in the league, 1 point ahead of Wolves, 19 (nineteen!) points behind Liverpool, we don't have a settled defence, midfield or attack, we don't have a single young first-team player that has improved during his entire tenure, or a single player from the Academy that looks like they can become a first-team regular, we've been lumbered with a selection of ageing, overrated players on massively inflated wages, we play with no joy, imagination, creativity or flair, and we have absolutely no foundation to move forward with any structured long-term plan.

Fair to say, he's been a resounding success.

Bunker Buster

AK and switchers defiant to the end....

Amnicable but my god soooo wrong.

Red Santos

On paper the players Jose has left behind are better than the ones LVG left behind

So yes

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Clownbones

I think we have a squad with more potential, but morale hasn't been much lower.

If he'd have gone in the summer, I'd say yes.

Now, barely. If at all.

Certainly not worth the outlay or the journey getting here.

It's on a downward trajectory too.

Unread 18-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
On paper the players Jose has left behind are better than the ones LVG left behind

So yes
Yep, that's exactly what a manager should be leaving.......

Unread 18-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
hard to say.
It's not hard to say at all. What's hard to believe is that there's still supposed grown men out there like you and Saffers who have backed this shithouse during his entire tenure, and failed to see the damage he was doing to the club. Like kids believing in Father Christmas, ffs.

Whatever the likes of you and that Scandinavian simpleton, Saffers, do next, please, for the love of God, don't give us your ideas on who should be managing Manchester United. You got your wish, and it was a £#%&!ing nightmare.

Unread 18-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
AK and switchers defiant to the end....

Amnicable but my god soooo wrong.
Will be all over Dunk if Mou wins the CL with Inter while we're 7th next season.

Unread 18-12-2018, 05:05 PM
S/Side.Red

If you spend £350m in two years and your only development is squad strength, that's something most of us could do.

The fact that he stunted the momentum of a young side is frustrating. The right appointment and the right signings to develop on the core of young players that was emerging in 2016 could really have taken off by now.

Unread 18-12-2018, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'd say so. Two decent seasons where it looked like we were making process to build on.

He hasn't done that this season which is no surprise after the club embarrassed him on the eve of it.
A lot of truth in this, even if it also has to be admitted that modern football has left JM's way of doing things behind in important respects.

Unread 18-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A lot of truth in this, even if it also has to be admitted that modern football has left JM's way of doing things behind in important respects.
Has it? Simeone has similar methods and is doing fine. Mourinho was a reigning league champion 3 years ago.

People talk about Klopp's style but it's won him nothing at Liverpool.

And the only team playing City's way is City, because nobody else can afford to.

There's plenty of room for all different styles and the idea that he's been left behind is lazy. Maybe in some aspects regarding man management but I think most of the stuff he's said about the players is stuff we've all agreed with

Unread 18-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If you spend £350m in two years and your only development is squad strength, that's something most of us could do.

The fact that he stunted the momentum of a young side is frustrating . The right appointment and the right signings to develop on the core of young players that was emerging in 2016 could really have taken off by now.
£#%&!ing hell Pure fantasy. We were in shit state when you clog mate got the boot, and we are in it now.
Closed Thread