United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Who are the targets to replace the ones we dump?

No outstanding candidates in the PL who would be worth the extra PL tax, Koscielny, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, good but still questions over them, especially the Spurs pair who play with 2 defensive midfielders protecting them fairly often.

Manolas is often mentioned, watched him against Lyon for Roma last week and he was unimpressive, leaden footed and pedestrian against a speedy attack.

Our current 4 are all at a similar level, Bailly might have the potential to go beyond that. Problem is no natural leader/organizer, find that player and he improves them all. 1 to go probably, Smalling or Jones. Shaw drifting away would be seriously depressing.
Agree with all that. Mourinho has a good record in terms of buying centre halves. It's now up to him to identify someone.

Can see him going for an experienced option. No idea who though.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Agree with all that. Mourinho has a good record in terms of buying centre halves. It's now up to him to identify someone.

Can see him going for an experienced option. No idea who though.
I have to admit I had never heard of Bailly, makes me realize how little attention I pay to the game outside of Utd/PL these days, trying to think of possible midfield options that are not already at big clubs was equally difficult.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Buck

Time to bring Michael Keane home

Unread 15-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Crumps

Jones, Valencia & Rojo.

There's £#%&! all decent ball playing centre halves about as they're all playing as holding midfielders so you can blame Claude Makalele.

Unread 15-03-2017, 02:56 PM
King Schlong

Valencia - Bailly - ? - Shaw

Keep Rojo and Jones as back up CB's. Keep hold of Blind.

Get rid of smalling and Darmian, promote TFM and buy a world class CB. LB too if Shaw doesn't pull his finger out of his fat £#%&!ing arse.

Unread 15-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Denis Irwell

An experienced leader would be ideal but TFM lack of chances is disappointing. Makes you wonder what Tuanzebe's chances are? I know you don't want to throw them in alongside Bailly, who after all, is still finding his feet and albeit our best option but the state of this lot.... Lack of goals against masking mf focussing on arse covering useless defence. Get the back four sorted and mf can do its own job betterer.
Closed Thread