United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Lok

Keep Valencia, Rojo, Shaw (if he mans up) and Bailly.

Get rid of the rest, especially Blind. I doubt anyone would be interested in him though.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:31 PM
dunk

Would keep Bailly and Shaw, would replace the rest in a heart beat. Valencia can stay, but he's getting on a bit and an alternative is required..

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Sapien

Rojo was very good last night but I'm still not convinced he's good enough.

He is quite rash and could easily get sent off in every game.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:48 PM
woody78

Wouldn't really want Jones or Rojo starting every week.
Decent as back up though.

Would definitely sell Smalling and darmian.

Buy another centre back and a left back.

Unread 14-03-2017, 02:19 PM
redhegemony

If Darmian is above Shaw in a game like last night then that's a big worry as Darmian is bang average.

Smalling is 8 foot tall but has scored 7 goals in 149 league appearances - can't pass without some sort of tantric yoga move with his right groin- loses forwards- really what's the point?

Jones: worse goals record than Smalling but on the plus side can pass and actually bring the ball out of defence and will clatter forwards and head the ball on the floor, takes a mean corner. Best of all the perfect excuse for explaining a player's absence for dubious reasons ' injured by Phil Jones in training' covers a multitude of sins. A keeper (probably).

Unread 14-03-2017, 02:45 PM
jem

if you're going to talk about goals, rojo has no £#%&!ing idea how to head a ball down.

Unread 14-03-2017, 03:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Keep Valencia, Rojo, Shaw (if he mans up) and Bailly.

Get rid of the rest, especially Blind. I doubt anyone would be interested in him though.
Disagree, and especially with the "especially".

Unread 14-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

have a feeling jose will retain smalling, for sure until late in the window anyway depending who he's chasing...

quite how he thinks he'll ever get smalling to organise his own game consistently, never mind organise the players around him is another matter. still, suppose if he never has to do the 2nd bit then he's a passable reserve.

Unread 14-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Tiberian

Who are the targets to replace the ones we dump?

No outstanding candidates in the PL who would be worth the extra PL tax, Koscielny, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, good but still questions over them, especially the Spurs pair who play with 2 defensive midfielders protecting them fairly often.

Manolas is often mentioned, watched him against Lyon for Roma last week and he was unimpressive, leaden footed and pedestrian against a speedy attack.

Our current 4 are all at a similar level, Bailly might have the potential to go beyond that. Problem is no natural leader/organizer, find that player and he improves them all. 1 to go probably, Smalling or Jones. Shaw drifting away would be seriously depressing.

Unread 14-03-2017, 04:25 PM
andyroo

Nobody can defend any more. It shouldn't matter, we usually only concede one goal a game max. The problem is we never score any.

Unread 14-03-2017, 05:13 PM
John84

Tony V, Shaw, Eric and Marcos. Maybe Darmian. Mou did mention how darmian can play across the back either as a cb or wb. I am fine with him being a squad player.

Jonesy is still inconsistent. With injuries waiting to happen, I rather have him gone.

Mike Smalling. Whats there to say about this assclown? Out.

Unread 14-03-2017, 07:41 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

We're 2 goals worse off than the best in the division, we've conceded 30 odd goals in 50 odd games all competitions, all while apparently playing complete jackasses plus Eric Bailly behind a holding midfielder in Herrera that the sages on here don't think is United quality either.

Our defence is not the reason we are 6th or why we're out of the FA Cup. The idea it's just a massive shit fest is massively overplayed on here.

Unread 14-03-2017, 07:51 PM
AK14

Get shot of Smalling and Darmian

Rojo, Jones, Bailey and another TWO quality centre backs

Obviously keep Tony V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Who are the targets to replace the ones we dump?

No outstanding candidates in the PL who would be worth the extra PL tax, Koscielny, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, good but still questions over them, especially the Spurs pair who play with 2 defensive midfielders protecting them fairly often.

Manolas is often mentioned, watched him against Lyon for Roma last week and he was unimpressive, leaden footed and pedestrian against a speedy attack.

Our current 4 are all at a similar level, Bailly might have the potential to go beyond that. Problem is no natural leader/organizer, find that player and he improves them all. 1 to go probably, Smalling or Jones. Shaw drifting away would be seriously depressing.
What's Giminez at Atletico like these days?

Unread 14-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

if i was raiding the PL i'd sign stones, that bloke from southampton and that keane fella at burnley's not too shabby either - they'd all improve our 1st team squad and the way we play football as well. in the right formation they would, anyway.

Unread 14-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
if i was raiding the PL i'd sign stones, that bloke from southampton and that keane fella at burnley's not too shabby either - they'd all improve our 1st team squad and the way we play football as well. in the right formation they would, anyway.

Unread 14-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Looks like a man in a wig ffs

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
We're 2 goals worse off than the best in the division, we've conceded 30 odd goals in 50 odd games all competitions, all while apparently playing complete jackasses plus Eric Bailly behind a holding midfielder in Herrera that the sages on here don't think is United quality either.

Our defence is not the reason we are 6th or why we're out of the FA Cup. The idea it's just a massive shit fest is massively overplayed on here.
Easy targets.

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Switching Off

Love Tone but I'd be buying a worldie right back too. Give Shaw another season for sure.

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Love Tone but I'd be buying a worldie right back too. Give Shaw another season for sure.
Does he use sure? Especially when near the shore?

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:36 PM
sa7

Smalling, Jones - just £#%&! off
Closed Thread