United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Cream

Football Defenders to keep over the summer based on last night.

Coming towards the end of the season with a crucial transfer window looming, chips were down last night. Who showed up?

Rojo and Valencia without question, the former has flourished under Mou.

Think we're all agreed that Smalling is a busted flush. I'm not even prepared to discuss his future at the club. Error prone coward.

But how about the other two?

I believe Darmers played the full 90 minutes and didn't seem to disgrace himself? Important indicators imo. Normally plays gash and feigns injury in big matches.

Jones did a good job of clattering everything in sight without getting sent off. Hard to evaluate otherwise. Was he good? Will he ever stay fit?

Shaw/Bailly not present.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Coming towards the end of the season with a crucial transfer window looming, chips were down last night. Who showed up?

Rojo and Valencia without question, the former has flourished under Mou.

Think we're all agreed that Smalling is a busted flush. I'm not even prepared to discuss his future at the club. Error prone coward.

But how about the other two?

I believe Darmers played the full 90 minutes and didn't seem to disgrace himself? Important indicators imo. Normally plays gash and feigns injury in big matches.

Jones did a good job of clattering everything in sight without getting sent off. Hard to evaluate otherwise. Was he good? Will he ever stay fit?

Shaw/Bailly not present.
it's hard to take someone seriously who doesn't rate smalling but is prepared to give darmian a chance.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Rayne Looney

Rojo, Valencia and thats your lot

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's hard to take someone seriously who doesn't rate smalling but is prepared to give darmian a chance.
I wrote Darmian off long ago, but credit where it's due.

Smalling hasn't changed a jot. He is to Rio Ferdinand what Jones is to Duncan Edwards.

Central defenders can't make mistakes like he consistently does and get away with it. Giving the ball straight to a Chelsea player during the last chance of the game typified his cowardice and ineptitude.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:32 PM
atticusgrinch

I'd get rid of Jones and Smalling, promote Tuanzebe and buy in the Greek. I'd imagine Jose will keep Jones and bin Smalling.

If Shaw can't hold down a place he'll buy a left back.

Fin.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I'd get rid of Jones and Smalling, promote Tuanzebe and buy in the Greek. I'd imagine Jose will keep Jones and bin Smalling.

If Shaw can't hold down a place he'll buy a left back.

Fin.
Darmian.... stays?

Incredible if true.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:34 PM
no fun

Rojo and big tone

Bailly obv

Shaw if he gets his act together

And buy some more

jem

Quote:
I wrote Darmian off long ago, but credit where it's due.
darmian is utterly pointless.

andyroo

Bailly

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bailly
bailly from a couple of months ago?

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
bailly from a couple of months ago?
Based on last night

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:37 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Darmian.... stays?

Incredible if true.
Maybe? He can cover both full backs. Not very well but then he's not playing regularly.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Darmian - totally and utterly average
Rojo - growing on me big time. deffo a keeper.
Smalling - sick of the @#%&! tbh. Has ability but error prone, not exactly a leader of men (captain ffs ) and should be sold to arsenal at the earliest opportunity, because he's perfect for them
Jones - god bless his cotton socks, he does try. But he's never going to be a first choice centre back being the bumbling clumsy oaf he is. Thought he played relatively well last night. Maybe keep as backup. Maybe.
Tony V -

Shaw - hopefully he'll get a good run soon
Bailly - obvious keeper. Bit rash but very young and going to be excellent I think

In short, we could do with a top full back and a top CB. I wouldn't cry if our back 4 was Tony-Bailly-Rojo-Shaw most weeks but there's obvious room for improvements.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:40 PM
ZiggyStardust

Valencia, Bailly and Blind are certainties for me
Rojo as a backup centre back maybe as he has some personality

The likes of Smalling, Jones and Darmian need to be shifted on
Absolute shithouses

Sick of seeing most of our defenders not taking any responsibility on the ball
I know we were down to 10 men yesterday but we didn't put one passing move together after the sending off
None of them have the balls to make themselves available for the man on the ball as they see the ball like it's a hand grenade

If we want to compete for the very biggest trophies then we need have pretty much every player willing and wanting to be on the ball and take responsibility

Too many cowards in this squad that need shifting

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:50 PM
jem

Quote:
He can cover both full backs. Not very well but then he's not playing regularly.
he's not playing regularly because he's not playing very well.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Darmian - totally and utterly average
Rojo - growing on me big time. deffo a keeper.
Smalling - sick of the @#%&! tbh. Has ability but error prone, not exactly a leader of men (captain ffs ) and should be sold to arsenal at the earliest opportunity, because he's perfect for them
Jones - god bless his cotton socks, he does try. But he's never going to be a first choice centre back being the bumbling clumsy oaf he is. Thought he played relatively well last night. Maybe keep as backup. Maybe.
Tony V -

Shaw - hopefully he'll get a good run soon
Bailly - obvious keeper. Bit rash but very young and going to be excellent I think

In short, we could do with a top full back and a top CB. I wouldn't cry if our back 4 was Tony-Bailly-Rojo-Shaw most weeks but there's obvious room for improvements.
Agreed.

I think the issue with Jones will be wages. What's the point of paying them when he's off sick all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Valencia, Bailly and Blind are certainties for me
Rojo as a backup centre back maybe as he has some personality

The likes of Smalling, Jones and Darmian need to be shifted on
Absolute shithouses

Sick of seeing most of our defenders not taking any responsibility on the ball
I know we were down to 10 men yesterday but we didn't put one passing move together after the sending off
None of them have the balls to make themselves available for the man on the ball as they see the ball like it's a hand grenade

If we want to compete for the very biggest trophies then we need have pretty much every player willing and wanting to be on the ball and take responsibility

Too many cowards in this squad that need shifting
Towards the end, time ticking down, Smalling had the ball in acres of space... Rojo was knackered having just thrown himself into another tackle, and Smalling squared it to him. Not only did it waste time, a Chelsea player was rushing onto Rojo.

Was fuming.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:58 PM
LFOD

bailey
the argie
tony

the rest are shit or unfit. flog em.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's not playing regularly because he's not playing very well.
It could be the other way round though obv.

Unread 14-03-2017, 02:04 PM
jem

Quote:
It could be the other way round though obv.
in most cases, I would question jo-mo's choice not to select... shaw, timmeh, etc. in darmian's case, he seems like an utterly pointless player. I am not sure what it will take to get him putting in tackles, flying down the wing and crossing the ball, etc. but I don't think it's games. can't afford to have his confidence grow gradually. soz. needs to take his chances.

Unread 14-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Sparky***

Valencia was fantastic last night. His work rate was phenomenal.
Closed Thread