United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Sapien

He was exceptionally poor last night by any objective standard.

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:36 AM
magic_cantona

Last nights performance - he did well considering what was in and around him.

Commentators saying "This is the type of game in which world class midfielders, with a big price tag, should be grabbing by the scruff of the neck and turning it around." What? With 10 men, against a side pissing the league in an already horribly depleted team? £#%&! off.

First season back, plays so much better with Carrick and Herrera but even when he has a quality game with them alongside (which is always changing - maybe if we weren't playing 4 games a day we'd get a settled side ffs) people still give him a 5 or 6 out of 10. Proper witch hunt.

A prime Zidane in Pogbas shoes last night wouldn't have turned that around but because it's us and the price, Pogba should have beaten Chelsea alone. I'm sickof reading so much bullshit about a genuine talent that if he was playing a game a week, in a settled side, I'm sure things would be going better. But he hasn't been. The lads won 4 Scudetto's and has over 40 caps for France and he's made out to be bobbins and he should really have cost £3.5 million like N'Golo 'Maradona/Puskas/Pele/Keane' Kante.

Just £#%&! off

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:41 AM
Dasilvatwins

Its funny the same people criticising pogba for a misplaced pass or for trying to do something risky, will be the same people complaining yhat LVGs tactics were too cautious. 2 years ago"try passing forward, play with risk its ok if you lose it, take a shot"..

Now...pogba shoots and misses " ah ffs pogba what are you doing keep it simple and pass it sideways etc etc".

Unread 14-03-2017, 10:43 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Eh up the bunks haters are in...
no hate here pol

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
yeah and what does he know?
It seems at this juncture.... a LOT more than most....

I see the 'he needs someone beside him to do his leg work' crew are out and about this morning...

Reading he was great till herrrerea got sent off

He was absolutely £#%&!ing dire last night, from misplaced places, juggling possession, not blocking ball, closing man, to generally going completely missing for 87 minutes of the game...

A real worry...

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:17 AM
sa7

Fantastic how Mourinho stands up for his players after having two managers who made a a habit of throwing them under the bus.

If you're on his side he'll defend you to the death and that's how he gets players running through walls for him.

When Pogba starts looking like the player we all know he can go on to become, Mourinho will be due a large chunk of the credit for the way he's supported him this season.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Fantastic how Mourinho stands up for his players after having two managers who made a a habit of throwing them under the bus.

If you're on his side he'll defend you to the death and that's how he gets players running through walls for him.

When Pogba starts looking like the player we all know he can go on to become, Mourinho will be due a large chunk of the credit for the way he's supported him this season.
*lied to him..

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Or in Pogba's case, languidly jog, and then stumble through a wall while flicking a brick.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:31 AM
believe

So in order for 80 million pound Pogba to step up to the game, we need to spend more money to make things easier for him?

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

I find it extremely patronising tbh.

I understand you need to back your players publicly when they're struggling, fine.

But to come out and say he was the best player on the pitch when he was absolutely mince is an outright lie, it's embarsssing tbh, and makes him look a bit puddled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
So in order for 80 million pound Pogba to step up to the game, we need to spend more money to make things easier for him?
And say he was the best player on the pitch when he clearly isn't.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Buck

At least he's not claimed he can be the greatest player the club has ever seen

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I find it extremely patronising tbh.

I understand you need to back your players publicly when they're struggling, fine.

But to come out and say he was the best player on the pitch when he was absolutely mince is an outright lie, it's embarsssing tbh, and makes him look a bit puddled.

And say he was the best player on the pitch when he clearly isn't.
Yep found all that pretty pathetic tbh

Quote:
We need better players in a variety of positions - predominantly to have a better £#%&!ing team but it's obvious that if we buy better midfield players then that will affect Pogba directly won't it.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:42 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Its funny the same people criticising pogba for a misplaced pass or for trying to do something risky, will be the same people complaining yhat LVGs tactics were too cautious. 2 years ago"try passing forward, play with risk its ok if you lose it, take a shot"..

Now...pogba shoots and misses " ah ffs pogba what are you doing keep it simple and pass it sideways etc etc".
not a single person is saying that.
He's being 'criticised' for not doing enough offensively. For not providing a burst of pace with the ball or a game changing passage of play.

I don't want him to keep it simple ffs, I want him to stop doing that thing where he does little drag backs whilst trying to hold off 3 or 4 opponents - especially on the edge of our own box ..& I want him to show a lot more composure in the final 3rd.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
At least he's not claimed he can be the greatest player the club has ever seen

Quote:
Jones, arguably the way he is looking, could be our best ever player. I think Jones may be one of the best players we have ever had, not matter where we play him. At 21 years of age, he is going to be a phenomenal player. I think he can play anywhere on the pitch.
He has such a massive influence, with his instinct and reading of the game. He has a drive about him.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep found all that pretty pathetic tbh

We need better players in a variety of positions - predominantly to have a better £#%&!ing team but it's obvious that if we buy better midfield players then that will affect Pogba directly won't it.
You'd like to hope so but if you take Keane as an example, he didn't need better players round him, he made the players round him better and you'd expect Pogba was also capable of that. Just seems a bit of a cop out to say he can't make a simple pass because he's playing with Herrera.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Last nights performance - he did well considering what was in and around him.

Commentators saying "This is the type of game in which world class midfielders, with a big price tag, should be grabbing by the scruff of the neck and turning it around." What? With 10 men, against a side pissing the league in an already horribly depleted team? £#%&! off.

First season back, plays so much better with Carrick and Herrera but even when he has a quality game with them alongside (which is always changing - maybe if we weren't playing 4 games a day we'd get a settled side ffs) people still give him a 5 or 6 out of 10. Proper witch hunt.

A prime Zidane in Pogbas shoes last night wouldn't have turned that around but because it's us and the price, Pogba should have beaten Chelsea alone. I'm sickof reading so much bullshit about a genuine talent that if he was playing a game a week, in a settled side, I'm sure things would be going better. But he hasn't been. The lads won 4 Scudetto's and has over 40 caps for France and he's made out to be bobbins and he should really have cost £3.5 million like N'Golo 'Maradona/Puskas/Pele/Keane' Kante.

Just £#%&! off
Convincing stuff. Compelling thread.

Interesting that nobody has directly addressed your points, Magic.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Because everything I've said is absolutely spot on. Obvs.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Because his assessment of last nights performance as doing well is bat shit crazy...

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Coracao

When you're down to 10 men, you expect your better players to take on a bit more responsibility, especially if they are playing in the middle of the park.

Try and make yourself more available for a pass, help alleviate the pressure on the back four, don't give the ball away cheaply etc.

Sadly, Pogba seemed to go missing last night. A lot to improve on.

Unread 14-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
You'd like to hope so but if you take Keane as an example, he didn't need better players round him, he made the players round him better and you'd expect Pogba was also capable of that. Just seems a bit of a cop out to say he can't make a simple pass because he's playing with Herrera.
Did playing with fellaini make him juggle the ball TWICE surrounded by players and lose possession ? Fail to close down the goal ?

Go completely missing for 90% of the game...
Closed Thread