United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
how the £#%&! can he do what he's done without being a great defender? of course he's a great £#%&!ing defender. that bit goes without question.
is he the greatest? that's the question...

bought for 27m as a teenager. the only spanish player bought during perez' first (galacticos) stint as president.
Paulo Maldini in 2013, before what many commentators see as his best ever season for Madrid.

Carlo Ancelotti

Many Madrid fans would have him as their best ever centreback, (above woodgate surprisingly), motwyw...

What an extremely angry response.

Not every player in successful sides is 'great'. He's a winner and hugely successful player. You have to be very good to do that for as long as he has. It doesn't automatically make you a great.

Phil Neville was very successful for us too.

Unread 13-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
What about Fernando Hierro? I'd say he was a far superior player to Ramos.

FWIW 'Little' Jack Horner would get my vote. Great in the air for such a small fella.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:08 PM
92ToBury

Ramos is a sly @#%&! and wetter than Whitney's last spliff. The paucity of decent central defenders makes him look better than he is.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
So the captain of real Madrid and Spain. A guy that has won 140 caps for Spain during the period they've dominated intl football, winning the world cup and two euros. He's won 2 Champions leagues, 3 leagues. A rock, a mainstay, a key player, the record caps holder for his country. A centre back that can play right back, that's scored 80 £#%&!ing goals. 10 this season alone. This guy is not in the top 20 of the last 10 years? Get back to £#%&!ing bed dude.
Another simpleton who cannot read.

I said top 10 of the last 20 years.

Unread 13-03-2017, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Sorry, comparing PNev with Ramos is a slight stretch pal

Unread 13-03-2017, 05:28 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Absolutely. Ramos is shite at cricket.

Unread 13-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I wasn't comparing them, as such. I used Neville as an example of why being successful doesn't automatically make you great.

Unread 13-03-2017, 07:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I wasn't comparing them, as such. I used Neville as an example of why being successful doesn't automatically make you great.
Djimi Traore or David May are the standard examples in that situation pol.

Unread 14-03-2017, 01:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
What an extremely angry response.

Not every player in successful sides is 'great'. He's a winner and hugely successful player. You have to be very good to do that for as long as he has. It doesn't automatically make you a great.

Comparing Phil Neville to Ramos

Unread 15-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Comparing Phil Neville to Ramos
See above.

Shit at cricket.... and probably croquet
Closed Thread