United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2017, 09:31 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
The reason gyppers likes him is because he's sticking his thumb up. Find a pic of another defender sticking his thumb up and he'll say he's the best ever as well.
Yep, and his admiration for a 'thumbs up' knows no boundaries when it comes to clubs. Didn't gypers set out his admiration for fellow thumbs up midfielder iniesta of arch rivals Barcelona?

Favourite comedy act canon and ball and favourite actor Peter Adamson aka 'you'll sink if I remove my thumb' Len Fairclough if memory serves.

Unread 13-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
The reason gyppers likes him is because he's sticking his thumb up. Find a pic of another defender sticking his thumb up and he'll say he's the best ever as well.

Unread 13-03-2017, 09:39 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's just league goals. According to wiki he got at least 113 in all competitions.

Ramos could even beat that at his current rate mind if he plays as long.
Heard he secretly scored another 100 on top of that as well.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:31 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Ramos is a master snide and only reddles beats him as a master wum. That time he played the real president as a finger puppet by using MUFC as bait for a better contract should be applauded

Great header tonight. Top red as well
He would have come, Perez played him for a puppet.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Der Kaiser
By a £#%&!ing landslide

Even made time to be a midfielder at the same time as being the best CB

Coolest ever

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Gyppers has absolutely nailed Corcrackers here. Absolutely nailed him in every possible way.

Absolute %@#$&!s from Coracao. Ramos not as good as Carragher, King, Woodgate and Campbell?!!? Are you for real? Utter nonsense.

I was talking about none of the current England lot, you £#%&!ing idiot

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yep, and his admiration for a 'thumbs up' knows no boundaries when it comes to clubs. Didn't gypers set out his admiration for fellow thumbs up midfielder iniesta of arch rivals Barcelona?

Favourite comedy act canon and ball and favourite actor Peter Adamson aka 'you'll sink if I remove my thumb' Len Fairclough if memory serves.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Billy Redface

He's a winner, he's smart (a @#%&!) and he's a big game player........but he's still not a great defender.

Absolutely nowhere near the best.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:26 PM
believe

From what little I seen of Baresi and Maldini, they made the game look so easy but they also played in an amazing AC Milan team. Rio had all the same attributes imo and is certainly on a par with them.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
From what little I seen of Baresi and Maldini, they made the game look so easy but they also played in an amazing AC Milan team. Rio had all the same attributes imo and is certainly on a par with them.
Rio is comfortably the best United defender I've ever seen.

Effortlessly brilliant defender.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I was talking about none of the current England lot, you £#%&!ing idiot
Yeah whatever; at ease corporal

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's a winner, he's smart (a @#%&!) and he's a big game player........but he's still not a great defender.
Absolutely nowhere near the best.
how the £#%&! can he do what he's done without being a great defender? of course he's a great £#%&!ing defender. that bit goes without question.
is he the greatest? that's the question...

bought for 27m as a teenager. the only spanish player bought during perez' first (galacticos) stint as president.
Quote:
“Sergio Ramos has everything to become the best defender in the world, if he is not already. He is very close" -
Paulo Maldini in 2013, before what many commentators see as his best ever season for Madrid.

Quote:
"Sergio Ramos has everything: [Fabio] Cannavaro was fantastic in the air, [Franco] Baresi commanded the defence and others for the character they gave the team. Sergio Ramos is the most complete, who ties together the best features."
Carlo Ancelotti

Many Madrid fans would have him as their best ever centreback, (above woodgate surprisingly), motwyw...

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:49 PM
nick henry

Baresi the best i have seen.

I agree with Rio on the lack of current World Class defenders.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
Baresi the best i have seen.

I agree with Rio on the lack of current World Class defenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eopjruOUuMQ
he's on the wum there. when did ramos have a dip? then goes on to laud 'dunny'

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Throw

Is this Gyppers Whitney thread?

If so, I'm with him all the way. Go Sergio.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:27 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
he's on the wum there. when did ramos have a dip? then goes on to laud 'dunny'
He is bang on. Dunny>>>Ramos

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Clarkie

Nowhere near the best obviously but, I often think Ronny Johnsen goes underrated by a lot of United fans.

As for the actual question, it's one of Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta or Baresi for me.

The only other club jersey I'd ever wear.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:47 PM
jem

milan had a whole defence. united just had mcgrath.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The night i decided that the only other club I'd play for after United was Milan. Still have a soft spot for them to this day.
Yup, was the first CL final I watched, Dad is Rossoneri and I couldn't comprehend how much better Milan were than us if they could beat Barca 4-0 (and it could have been more) when Barca had beaten us by the same score.

Unread 13-03-2017, 03:28 PM
dodger

What about Fernando Hierro? I'd say he was a far superior player to Ramos.
Closed Thread