United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Crumps

You could make an argument for a top 5 consisting by of nowt but Milan players.

Baresi and Maldini for me.

Desailly is often overlooked in these lists too/ peak Thuram was out of this world too.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
You could make an argument for a top 5 consisting by of nowt but Milan players.

Baresi and Maldini for me.

Desailly is often overlooked in these lists too/ peak Thuram was out of this world too.
Thuram was better at right back imo.

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Thuram was better at right back imo.
Yup, is a defender. Not like he was Robbie Carlos.

On the right of a back three, Maldini left and Rio middle.

Love the art of defending. Probably the only opinions of mine worth listening to

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Buck

Nesta

Unread 13-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Crumps

No particular order

Nesta
Cannavaro
Jaap
Rio
Desailly
Blanc
Maldini
Baresi
Costacurta
Koeman

Top off my head. Will add more no doubt

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No particular order

Nesta
Cannavaro
Jaap
Rio
Desailly
Blanc
Maldini
Baresi
Costacurta
Koeman

Top off my head. Will add more no doubt
Basically think Serie A during the '90s to early '00s.

Sammer dropping back to that sweeper role was class, too.

Kohler

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Basically think Serie A during the '90s to early '00s.

Sammer dropping back to that sweeper role was class, too.

Kohler
Sammer v nearly made it. Some worldly tackles during the Dortmund exit in 97.

Flip reverse, remember how good Desailly was as a midfielder.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sammer v nearly made it. Some worldly tackles during the Dortmund exit in 97.

Flip reverse, remember how good Desailly was as a midfielder.
Dream Team killer

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:53 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The night i decided that the only other club I'd play for after United was Milan. Still have a soft spot for them to this day.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:58 AM
ryanMUFC

Sad seeing these names when we have Phil jones and Mike Smalling.
Cannavaro or Nesta, for me.

Unread 13-03-2017, 04:36 AM
waynes ear's

Ramos is a master snide and only reddles beats him as a master wum. That time he played the real president as a finger puppet by using MUFC as bait for a better contract should be applauded

Great header tonight. Top red as well

Unread 13-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Coracao

Ramos wouldn't make the top 10 over the last 20 years, let alone be the best ever

It's amazing how standards of defending have fallen when you look at the players England had over the past decade or so and the shite they have now. None of these lot would get in a squad ahead of the likes of rio, Terry, Campbell, King, Woodgate.

Even Carragher surpasses them.

Unread 13-03-2017, 07:36 AM
sweetleftfoot

I'd have to have Jaap Stam in mine, but as a kid I idolised Gordon McQueen. £#%&! knows why. I get giddy at the thought of Hayleys bike seat though.

Unread 13-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

So the captain of real Madrid and Spain. A guy that has won 140 caps for Spain during the period they've dominated intl football, winning the world cup and two euros. He's won 2 Champions leagues, 3 leagues. A rock, a mainstay, a key player, the record caps holder for his country. A centre back that can play right back, that's scored 80 £#%&!ing goals. 10 this season alone. This guy is not in the top 20 of the last 10 years? Get back to £#%&!ing bed dude.

Unread 13-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
So the captain of real Madrid and Spain. A guy that has won 140 caps for Spain during the period they've dominated intl football, winning the world cup and two euros. He's won 2 CLS, 3 leagues. A rock, a mainstay, a key player the record caps holder for his country. A centre back that can play right back, that's scored 80 £#%&!inh goals. 10 this season alone. This guy is not in the top 20 of the last 10 years? Get back to £#%&!ing bed dude.
Gyppers has absolutely nailed Corcrackers here. Absolutely nailed him in every possible way.

Absolute %@#$&!s from Coracao. Ramos not as good as Carragher, King, Woodgate and Campbell?!!? Are you for real? Utter nonsense.

Unread 13-03-2017, 08:03 AM
elephantstone

Steve Bruce scored 81 goals....put that in your pipe and smoke it

Unread 13-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Ramos wouldn't make the top 10 over the last 20 years, let alone be the best ever

It's amazing how standards of defending have fallen when you look at the players England had over the past decade or so and the shite they have now. None of these lot would get in a squad ahead of the likes of rio, Terry, Campbell, King, Woodgate.

Even Carragher surpasses them.
Utter %@#$&!s.

Unread 13-03-2017, 08:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Steve Bruce scored 81 goals....put that in your pipe and smoke it
That's just league goals. According to wiki he got at least 113 in all competitions.

Ramos could even beat that at his current rate mind if he plays as long.

Unread 13-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Throw

The reason gyppers likes him is because he's sticking his thumb up. Find a pic of another defender sticking his thumb up and he'll say he's the best ever as well.

Unread 13-03-2017, 09:30 AM
atticusgrinch

I've not seen a better back line than my all-conquering, treble CL winning Napoli back line in CM01-02.

Thuram Cannavaro Nesta Lizarazu

Woodgate didn't make the squad.
Closed Thread