United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2013, 04:31 PM
plopborsky

youth setup at united is a £#%&!ing shambles tbh.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:10 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
youth setup at united is a £#%&!ing shambles tbh.
Yep, awful

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Yep, awful

talking about today. whats going on right now. You know that the class of u16 this year not one of them is being offered a deal. Go back nearly 15 years and pluck out what was an unreal set of young players to come together out of one year group outside of that you can name pull together the best united 11 from the youth team after that point and its shite.

ps don't start by listing all those that we got in from other teams either.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:20 PM
irk

It's gone right to his head. I saw the flash little shit in the newsagents big timing it with a fifty pence mix up with bubblies, a can of cider shandy, some sweet cigarettes, and a packet of space dust the junkies junkies baaastid.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
It's gone right to his head. I saw the flash little shit in the newsagents big timing it with a fifty pence mix up with bubblies, a can of cider shandy, some sweet cigarettes, and a packet of space dust the junkies junkies baaastid.
:shakehead: gonna do a any day now

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:26 PM
barca99

Quote:
talking about today. whats going on right now. You know that the class of u16 this year not one of them is being offered a deal. Go back nearly 15 years and pluck out what was an unreal set of young players to come together out of one year group outside of that you can name pull together the best united 11 from the youth team after that point and its shite.

ps don't start by listing all those that we got in from other teams either.
Im not one of these that follows the youth team if im honest

I doubt very much that many youth players at any club only played for that club. Im talking about transfers taking place at a very young age here. Our youth set up maybe shit, i dont know, but our ability to turn a player with potential into a proper player is second to non imo, regardless if we paid for them or not.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Sparky***

So is reddles' cousin the genuine article then?

What do you reckon reddles? is he going to be a scholesy or a ben thornley?

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

I doubt very much that many youth players at any club only played for that club. Im talking about transfers taking place at a very young age here. Our youth set up maybe shit, i dont know, but our ability to turn a player with potential into a proper player is second to non imo, regardless if we paid for them or not.
Two words:

Ander
son

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So is reddles' cousin the genuine article then?

What do you reckon reddles? is he going to be a scholesy or a ben thornley?
A Joey Barton more like

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:32 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Two words:

Ander
son
Touche!

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:39 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

if your talking about making a career in football then we make loads of them but first team players for united you will struggle. The picture you posted was of local lads. Wellbeck being the example of one player good enough to make it. Now think of all the others.

1.O'Shea
2.Gibbons
3.Fletcher

Then those supposed to not be good enough

1. Pique
2. Rossi
3. Shawcross

Our youth setup does not create anywhere near the number of top players. We buy them in and gamble that we can make them into better players. All of Europe knew about Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson , Rooney its not a £#%&!ing surprise that these players bar ando are seen to be amazing talent. So give me some names I have missed off?

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:53 PM
barca99

Quote:
if your talking about making a career in football then we make loads of them but first team players for united you will struggle. The picture you posted was of local lads. Wellbeck being the example of one player good enough to make it. Now think of all the others.

1.O'Shea
2.Gibbons
3.Fletcher

Then those supposed to not be good enough

1. Pique
2. Rossi
3. Shawcross

Our youth setup does not create anywhere near the number of top players. We buy them in and gamble that we can make them into better players. All of Europe knew about Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson , Rooney its not a £#%&!ing surprise that these players bar ando are seen to be amazing talent. So give me some names I have missed off?
This is more what im talking about to be honest. Clubs get players in from gods knows what age these days. I would imagine half our reserve team has being poached from other clubs, some paid for some not

United do buy young players, sometimes for a lot of money but they are not always the finished article when we do. The players you mentioned spring to mind, would Ronaldo be as good if he wasn't at United? We will never know. Little pea seems to have come good, again a fairly young player but yes we paid for him. My point is that United work well with young players paid for or not, admittedly not all of them.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:55 PM
plopborsky

and the ones that we spent money on and did not develop in to first team players.

1.Ljajic
2.Dong
3.Diouf
4.Obertan
5.Bebe
6.Tosic
7.Bellion
8.De Laet

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:57 PM
silv

Did anyone mention Rafabio yet (not the snivelling little poster either)

what about all the players we helped develop who've gone one to have successful careers elsewhere?

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:57 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Sorry to piss on your chips reddles but he hasn't "signed" for united he is training with the youth set up along with about 400 other lads which will keep on growing then get narrowed down to about 7 when he's 16.

Good luck to the lad though

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Sorry to piss on your chips reddles but he hasn't "signed" for united he is training with the youth set up along with about 400 other lads which will keep on growing then get narrowed down to about 7 when he's 16.

Good luck to the lad though
£#%&!ing hell captain killjoy.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:58 PM
barca99

Quote:
and the ones that we spent money on and did not develop in to first team players.

1.Ljajic
2.Dong
3.Diouf
4.Obertan
5.Bebe
6.Tosic
7.Bellion
8.De Laet
Not sure where this is going tbh, you cant expect every player to turn into a superstar? Are you saying Fergie doesn't get the best out of young players?

Unread 18-03-2013, 06:04 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Not sure where this is going tbh, you cant expect every player to turn into a superstar? Are you saying Fergie doesn't get the best out of young players?
"United do buy young players, sometimes for a lot of money but they are not always the finished article when we do"

you just said he did. We got those players on the value of potential. The rate at which these transfers are successful is poor at best. We churn out pro's that pay for the system on the off chance that we create a class of 99

What I am saying is the setup is not all its made out to be and using a freak year of intakes is not the basis of a system that works

Unread 18-03-2013, 06:06 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing hell captain killjoy.
Just keeping it real sparky

Unread 18-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Harri Jaffa

Wellbeck, Cleverley, Fletcher, Twins are all top squad players in our squad today

That's pretty good isn't it? Not barca of course but then we don't have access to the same opportunities (drugs) that they do
Closed Thread