United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Its bad and he deserves a ban for it, but some of the commentary on the Graun match thread is ridiculously OTT. "Worst tackle I have ever seen in 35 years of watching football", FFS
aye, it was bad enough but doesn't quite measure up to Jamesie's assault on Nani.

"...honest player who just bleeds Liverpool" (even though he's an Everton fan)

just love the media, eh?

Unread 18-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Absolutely.

Martinez coming out & giving it the old "he hasn't got a nasty bone in his body" bullshit defence is pathetic & entirely predictable.

What the £#%&! was the linesman doing btw?? ..He had a clear, side-on view.
His hands are tied, what do you expect him to say? It will be dealt with behind closed doors I am sure. Wigan just secured a massive three points and his head is probably in the clouds.

Onto the tackle, he fully meant it and realised what he had done straight after. Completely shit himself walking off the pitch at half time, funny how "hard men" react when confronted.

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Harri Jaffa

I don't think the tackle is that bad, just mis-timed

His leg is obviously trying to change direction and follow the ball

It's a red for being a high foot but not worth all this fuss imho...

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I don't think the tackle is that bad, just mis-timed

His leg is obviously trying to change direction and follow the ball

It's a red for being a high foot but not worth all this fuss imho...

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Harri Jaffa

That emphasizes my point

To use a cricket analogy he's playing across the line. Still out, but going for a shot (i'm never using a cricket analogy again...)

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Ashley's Grime

I was just trying to find the foul that dirty scouse @#%&! Kevin Nolan did on Victor Anichibe and found this .

Yellow card. :shakehead:

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
That emphasizes my point

To use a cricket analogy he's playing across the line. Still out, but going for a shot (i'm never using a cricket analogy again...)

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Stickman

Just seen this for the first time, it's a £#%&!ing horror and can't believe anyone would suggest otherwise. Ffs you absolutely wince seeing the impact

Unread 18-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:31 PM
thatsfuctit

i've only got to blame myself for reading the comments on the BBC website but....

'236. Matello
JUST NOW
Anyone with sense can see that whilst is was a bad tackle, slow motion shows it was not intentional. You cannot stop mid-tackle.
There's a lot of emotional over-reaction on here.
If a Man Utd player (Roy Keane's career ending tackle on Alf Inge Haaland) had done this the press would be too afraid of upsetting Mr Ferguson and not made such a fuss about it
This has all the hallmarks of a witch hunt'

WUT?

the tackle Keane was banned twice for? and got close to £200ks worth of fines

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Ashley's Grime

The foul didn't end Haaland's career. Sadly.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
i've only got to blame myself for reading the comments on the BBC website but....

'236. Matello
JUST NOW
Anyone with sense can see that whilst is was a bad tackle, slow motion shows it was not intentional. You cannot stop mid-tackle.
There's a lot of emotional over-reaction on here.
If a Man Utd player (Roy Keane's career ending tackle on Alf Inge Haaland) had done this the press would be too afraid of upsetting Mr Ferguson and not made such a fuss about it
This has all the hallmarks of a witch hunt'

WUT?

the tackle Keane was banned twice for? and got close to £200ks worth of fines
The little #@&%! was probably in nappies when keane was banned for that so he can't remember and only knows what he's spoon fed by his fellow scouse lying @#%&!s.

Unread 18-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
The foul didn't end Haaland's career. Sadly.
one of the biggest myths in football that keane "ended" his career.

Haaland played the next £#%&!ing game.

Unread 18-03-2013, 08:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

And his "career ending" injury was in his other leg. Apart from that, spot on

Unread 18-03-2013, 08:38 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

sparks this is a strange one I got into it on fb this weekend with a div mate of mine he told me alfie broke his leg and that it was keane fault.

I even quoted where he said his other leg ended his career in the picture of that tackle he has his leg strapped up. Haaland actually played the rest of that game and the next one.

Unread 18-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
sparks this is a strange one I got into it on fb this weekend with a div mate of mine he told me alfie broke his leg and that it was keane fault.

I even quoted where he said his other leg ended his career in the picture of that tackle he has his leg strapped up. Haaland actually played the rest of that game and the next one.
the records are all there. haaland played the very next game.

it was the 2000-2001 season, 21st april.

City's next game was against west ham at home the 28th april and haaland played. Haaland also played a friendly for Norway in between the two games.

Quote:
"Haaland retired in July 2003 after failing to recover full fitness from a long-standing injury to his left knee, which he stated was aggravated by the the foul"
Obviously anyone with eyes can see that it's Haaland's right knee that Keane hits and at no point does his left knee get hit or even landed on, because he landed on his stupid £#%&!ing blue head.

If you type alfe inge haaland into google the only thing you're confronted with is images of roy keane smashing the @#%&! up in the air. It's literally the only thing anyone remembers him for, i should imagine he's earned a fair few quid out of it as well the stupid flat faced Norwegian @#%&!.

So why just bow out to a long term knee problem when you can coin in on Roy keane's name by saying he ended your career and in the process get a bit of revenge on him by gaining sympathy points.

Unread 18-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
the records are all there. haaland played the very next game.

it was the 2000-2001 season, 21st april.

City's next game was against west ham at home the 28th april and haaland played. Haaland also played a friendly for Norway in between the two games.

Obviously anyone with eyes can see that it's Haaland's right knee that Keane hits and at no point does his left knee get hit or even landed on, because he landed on his stupid £#%&!ing blue head.

If you type alfe inge haaland into google the only thing you're confronted with is images of roy keane smashing the @#%&! up in the air. It's literally the only thing anyone remembers him for, i should imagine he's earned a fair few quid out of it as well the stupid flat faced Norwegian @#%&!.

So why just bow out to a long term knee problem when you can coin in on Roy keane's name by saying he ended your career and in the process get a bit of revenge on him by gaining sympathy points.
Closed Thread