Unread 15-03-2013, 04:05 PM
aardvark

barca and real are the best two sides.

not much between the rest or us.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:06 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That looks like a junkers ju-88 not a b52. but whatevs.
Heinkel 111 actually

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Well then you're a £#%&!ing idiot who really should watch back some of our games this season where we've let shit teams get into leads against us and pissed away 2-0 leads.

I'd start with the chelsea game at old trafford last week.
And there she goes........ the moment she gets rattled she has to start reverting to insults and swearing :shakehead:

Sunday was nothing to do with tactics. The fact United could not string two passes together has nothing to do with what team Fergie put out or what formation he was playing. The simple fact is that the Madrid game has affected the team, shit happens, get over it.

Stop being a @#%&!.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I still think United could have won both matches.

Barca were there for the taking in Rome and had weaknesses at Wembley as well.

The fact they got knocked out off us and Inter in 08 and 2010 is good evidence of my point.

Chelsea did them last year with barely a threat ffs, and even when Barca are right on blob the difference is always made by taking your chances when they come - the Ramires goal for Chelsea was brilliant, and the other night that Milan fella was clean through and hit the post when he should have scored.
'08 was a very different Barca side, tbf. It was pre-Pep and they didn't have anywhere near the same intensity to their play.

Of course there's some regret about both finals. Heading into Rome I fancied us and I think we may even have been marginally the better side at that point. But it was an absolute no-show, which was disappointing and shocking in equal measure. I never thought we could be that poor in a final. Wembley I think Barca would always have been too strong, although Fergie made a mess of his tactics/decisions on the night, despite a more valiant effort from the players.

They've got weaknesses, sure. But that Niang miss at Camp Nou was almost Milan's only clear-cut chance. Just like Ramires' goal was virtually Chelsea's only attempt on target across the two games before Torres exploited Barca's gaps in injury time. They don't give up as many opportunities as people suggest, imo (partly because they barely let you have the ball) which is why you have to be highly clinical to have any chance at beating them.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

so in Sparkyland we;ve gone from being robbed by a slimy cheating Turkish @#%&! of a ref to bottling it in just over a week....didn''t see that £#%&!ing coming

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

hang on in previous years they have done the QF and SF draw on the same day....has this been £#%&!ing changed now can't see anything on their site about SF draw

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That's what hurts more than the actual match itself. The fact that we'll have to wait a long time before we get a better opportunity.
If that ref had been close to competent, we'd be a Galatasaray tie away from the last four again. United have a great chance of reaching the final any year they're in the competition. If we hadn't been £#%&!ed in the last round, we'd probably be 2nd favourites right now.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If that ref had been close to competent, we'd be a Galatasaray tie away from the last four again. United have a great chance of reaching the final any year they're in the competition. If we hadn't been £#%&!ed in the last round, we'd probably be 2nd favourites right now.
exactly.....Galatasaray ffs, we would have smashed them

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:21 PM
saffers

We lost a last 16 game, "wait a long time to get a better chance"

We'll win it next year if we make the right pair of signings. We're only gonna get better. Our future no longer depends on Rooney, or RVP who is gonna be past it soon ayway.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
'08 was a very different Barca side, tbf. It was pre-Pep and they didn't have anywhere near the same intensity to their play.

Of course there's some regret about both finals. Heading into Rome I fancied us and I think we may even have been marginally the better side at that point. But it was an absolute no-show, which was disappointing and shocking in equal measure. I never thought we could be that poor in a final. Wembley I think Barca would always have been too strong, although Fergie made a mess of his tactics/decisions on the night, despite a more valiant effort from the players.

They've got weaknesses, sure. But that Niang miss at Camp Nou was almost Milan's only clear-cut chance. Just like Ramires' goal was virtually Chelsea's only attempt on target across the two games before Torres exploited Barca's gaps in injury time. They don't give up as many opportunities as people suggest, imo (partly because they barely let you have the ball) which is why you have to be highly clinical to have any chance at beating them.
Against Milan Barca were terrible in the 1st leg and got beat quite comfortably. In the 2nd leg they started very fast as they had to, and they got the carrot of an early goal. From there they played superbly, it's true, but it's also the case that Milan's mindset was to soak it up and hit them on the break even after the goal. On one of those breaks they had a clear chance to seal the tie and they let it slip - with Barcelona going down the other end and equalising with an offside goal just to rub salt in (Milan's 2nd in San Siro was also offside iirc).

The 3-0 goal was well taken but from there Milan began to go forward much more and were looking capable of nicking the tie right up until the closing moments.

If Barcelona come up against Real I believe they will lose, be it in the final or over two legs in the semis, with fair officials. Mourinho has sussed them out long since. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it that far though.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We lost a last 16 game, "wait a long time to get a better chance"

We'll win it next year if we make the right pair of signings. We're only gonna get better. Our future no longer depends on Rooney, or RVP who is gonna be past it soon ayway.

Dunno about that. But the lad wants to pull his finger out. That Gooner bottlejob shit ain't gonna fly 'round here, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Against Milan Barca were terrible in the 1st leg and got beat quite comfortably. In the 2nd leg they started very fast as they had to, and they got the carrot of an early goal. From there they played superbly, it's true, but it's also the case that Milan's mindset was to soak it up and hit them on the break even after the goal. On one of those breaks they had a clear chance to seal the tie and they let it slip - with Barcelona going down the other end and equalising with an offside goal just to rub salt in (Milan's 2nd in San Siro was also offside iirc).

The 3-0 goal was well taken but from there Milan began to go forward much more and were looking capable of nicking the tie right up until the closing moments.

If Barcelona come up against Real I believe they will lose, be it in the final or over two legs in the semis, with fair officials. Mourinho has sussed them out long since. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it that far though.
Oh I'd fancy us more against them now than before, nqat. Agree about Madrid. I think their name might be on the trophy this year

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
That's strange because the last two seasons we haven't even reached the quarters.

Unread 15-03-2013, 05:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That's strange because the last two seasons we haven't even reached the quarters.
Well, it's not strange because that wouldn't be the case if we were in the quarter finals now, would it? Which was my point

Unread 15-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
£#%&!ing hell, turn it in Sparky.

You've been boring the @#%&! out of everyone with this 'tactically inept' drum you mysteriously started banging the week we almost got knocked out of two cups.
'Mysteriously'? or 'Coincidentally'? Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
so what?

you've already got two more than you deserve
Wrong. I, we, deserve so much more.

Unread 15-03-2013, 05:29 PM
silv

Quote:
'Mysteriously'? or 'Coincidentally'? Think about it.

Wrong. I, we, deserve so much more.
you deserve a slap around the chops with a wet fish.

Unread 15-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Step up to the plate, fauntleroy.

Not unless you want to have a Pug complete with cashmere jumper rammed up your £#%&!ing fudge junction.

Unread 15-03-2013, 05:37 PM
dodger

Quote:
Step up to the plate, fauntleroy.

Not unless you want to have a Pug complete with cashmere jumper rammed up your £#%&!ing fudge junction.

Unread 15-03-2013, 06:09 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Thumbs up

Quote:
absolutely.

Unread 15-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
absolutely.
Looks like before i shove the pug in there, i'll have to remove this guys tongue first.

Unread 15-03-2013, 08:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Judging on last week I think we might do better to pay off the refs, tbh.
now THAT'S a truth bomb..........
Closed Thread