Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2013, 01:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Barca-Dortmund
Juventus-Real

That would be something

Unread 15-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Mr Castro

Last time there were no English sides in the quarters, Juve won it. Sentiment wants me to hope they win it again. But I think Barcelona will.

Unread 15-03-2013, 01:33 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Last time there were no English sides in the quarters, Juve won it. Sentiment wants me to hope they win it again. But I think Barcelona will.
I couldn't give a mad vicars fart who wins it

Unread 15-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

Couple of headlines after the draw was made....

Goldenballs v Golden Boot in the Champions League

Beckham and PSG to host Barcelona

Beckham lines up Messi duel

Sweet £#%&!ing Jesus! :shakehead:

Unread 15-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Sweet £#%&!ing Jesus! :shakehead:
was that the sun?

Unread 15-03-2013, 02:36 PM
lazlopanaflex299

can see messi struggling against becks. Not just physically but in terms of sheer awe.

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:10 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs down

The galling thing is there have been a couple of high-boot challenges post-Nani in the Champions League that have either been let off completely or just punished with a yellow (not that Nani's was even a challenge ffs)

Absolutely £#%&! all we can do about it though
All over for another £#%&!ing year. The way this ball crushing competition is going I expect City to win it next year.

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

good work wez

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
good work wez

Cheers Throb

(had to answer the door part way through the draw)

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlopanaflex299
Sparky in his truth B52 absolutely flattening the place.

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Sparky***

That looks like a junkers ju-88 not a b52. but whatevs.

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Looks like the start to the German soap Easternfrontenders :shakehead:

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
WTF are you on about? There was nothing wrong with Fergie's tactics in either game against Madrid. There is only one man responsible for our exit and that is the Turkish @#%&! who was supposed to referee a game of football fairly.

I really don't understand where a lot of your negativity and whinging comes from :shakehead:
Don't get all agitated with me, pal. Despite the fact we're 12 points clear in the premier league, this United side isn't nearly as good as most people like to pretend it is.

Tactically, we're awful at times and we have some serious question marks over our midfield.

There's about 4 teams left in that competition who would have probably knocked us out anyway.

We had a man sent off, then shit our pants and bottled it. End of story.

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Those 3 finals in 4 years was a once in a generation opportunity.

That's what hurts more than the actual match itself. The fact that we'll have to wait a long time before we get a better opportunity.
One of them we won

The other two we were beaten by arguably the best club side ever.

The second final was worse than the first, because we should've just shut up shop completely and hoped for th4e best, but it's just one of those things... Barca were/are pretty good a football innit

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:45 PM
silv

Quote:
Don't get all agitated with me, pal. Despite the fact we're 12 points clear in the premier league, this United side isn't nearly as good as most people like to pretend it is.

Tactically, we're awful at times and we have some serious question marks over our midfield.

There's about 4 teams left in that competition who would have probably knocked us out anyway.

go to bed

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:46 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Thanks for crawling out of Erica's arse-crack long enough to tell me that.

Unread 15-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
One of them we won

The other two we were beaten by arguably the best club side ever.

The second final was worse than the first, because we should've just shut up shop completely and hoped for th4e best, but it's just one of those things... Barca were/are pretty good a football innit
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
go to bed
We won't win another champions league under fergie. Even he knows it. That's why he was so 'distraught' after we went out.

Who knows if they ban spanish teams from the champions league we may stand a better chance.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Ethers

£#%&!ing hell, turn it in Sparky.

You've been boring the @#%&! out of everyone with this 'tactically inept' drum you mysteriously started banging the week we almost got knocked out of two cups.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I think we were negatively affected by the emotion, whereas in the past we used to be good at taking strength from adversity.

I wouldn't say we bottled it at all.

I think we bottled it against Everton though, and I think Ferguson bottled it a bit at Wembley against Barcelona by his team selection and use of his bench.

Unread 15-03-2013, 04:03 PM
silv

Quote:
We won't win another champions league under fergie. Even he knows it. That's why he was so 'distraught' after we went out.

Who knows if they ban spanish teams from the champions league we may stand a better chance.
so what?

you've already got two more than you deserve
Closed Thread