United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Well, I was talking generally about off field activity. In which case, players getting involved in off pitch activity to an extent it distracts from their football is a problem when it happens. And as Neville said, there’s a way to do it and a way not to do it.

Having a clothes launch and posting that video prior to united’s biggest game was indicative of where the players heads are at, and Neville knows it. Both from being a professional himself at united, and because he no doubt has inside info on the matter.
I reckon Nev was just playing up to Keano tbh. Don't think he was that arsed about the glasses and hat.

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Well, I was talking generally about off field activity. In which case, players getting involved in off pitch activity to an extent it distracts from their football is a problem when it happens. And as Neville said, there’s a way to do it and a way not to do it.

Having a clothes launch and posting that video prior to united’s biggest game was indicative of where the players heads are at, and Neville knows it. Both from being a professional himself at united, and because he no doubt has inside info on the matter.
I doubt Neville has much insider knowledge these days.

He seems as dumbfounded as all of us at our current predicament.

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Given they're never £#%&!ing off Instagram, I'd say it's very hard to gauge how it would affect them potentially taking their eye off the ball. We have no variable.
If they’re using it late at night, then science suggests it may well be affecting them in various ways which would affect performance.

Quote:
We're talking about Lingards clothing range with concerns of him taking his eye off the ball.... but are there any signs whatsoever that he is actually doing that?
No idea. Neville seems to think it’s an issue at the club, and I see no reason to doubt him given he knows more than me in that area.

Maybe lingard would have more than 1 good game every ten otherwise.

Quote:
It was somewhat fitting that after Keane and Neville spent the pre match questioning the timing of his release, he scores and was one of our better performers.
Maybe he plays better and scores an hat trick.

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Red Santos

I hope the academy players dont look up to these £#%&!ing clowns

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Except for the distinction I've made: one reflects wealth.
And what motivation would drive a person’s behaviour to reflect wealth?

Quote:
I doubt Neville has much insider knowledge these days.
Butt works at the club and Neville had lunch with Fergie just the other day. And I’m sure none of them have spoken to Carrick recently either. His views will be very informed. Come on.

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
And what motivation would drive a person’s behaviour to reflect wealth?

Butt works at the club and Neville had lunch with Fergie just the other day. And I’m sure none of them have spoken to Carrick recently either. His views will be very informed. Come on.
I'll indulge you and say 'ego'. But everybody has that. And saying anything on social media will always have a degree of ego attached to it.

Showing everyone your rolls Royce is more exclusive. One is uncommon. The other is common. That's an important distinction.

Even if he does, what do his connections have to do with his own personal opinion on the matter?

Quote:
If they’re using it late at night, then science suggests it may well be affecting them in various ways which would affect performance.

No idea. Neville seems to think it’s an issue at the club, and I see no reason to doubt him given he knows more than me in that area.

Maybe lingard would have more than 1 good game every ten otherwise.

Maybe he plays better and scores an hat trick.
I think he has one good game in ten because he and his team aren't very good.

Unread 17-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
I hope the academy players dont look up to these £#%&!ing clowns
Guaranteed they do.

They probably all look up to pogba.

Unread 17-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Foot2ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not a fan of Pogba's bullshit because he's a bit of a waster, but Rashford and Lingard have perfectly good attitudes imo. No need to automatically always associate this type of behaviour with lack of professionalism.
LMAO, the Pogba hater will going to the gutters again.

Apparently, I can't put links in my post. But google Jesse Lingard and the attack on the bus by west ham fans. Tell me was Pogba on that bus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m really not sure what technology has to do with the way people act in public. These people are making a mockery of this club on and off the pitch. We’re the laughing stock of English football atm.

The only people who appreciate it are idiots and trolls.
Um... maybe this is the fault of the last couple of managers???????????

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Who the £#%&! joins a work WhatsApp group.....?
Not me but some people are asked to join them for their jobs you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What?

If you're under performing at work do you stay off Fred? Do you go home and stare at the wall doing nothing that can possibly have an affect on your working performance? No #@&%!ohub, no Instagram, no beers with lads, no Spa days?
None of this has any relevance. They are showing the world via the internet that they don’t have any pride.

Quote:
You'd carry on your life as normal though right?

Well, this is the life of 20 somethings, like it or not. And it isn't dictated by a players from or how good they are in general.
See above, live that life just keep your head down for a bit until you’re good again.

Unread 17-12-2018, 10:53 PM
dunk

You’re forgetting the huge driving factor behind this. Sponsors. The sponsors want them constantly posting, in fact it’s very probably a stipulation in their contracts that they maintain an active social media presence. United probably demand it too.

Been involved with a sponsorship negotiation for a sports club with a sportswear firm and they count every mention, every hashtag, every instance of their brand appearing and constantly demand more exposure for their bucks. It will be much the same for these players everyone in here is happily vilifying for having the temerity to be in the public eye. It probably helps that the likes of Pogba and Lingard embrace it tbh, imagine if they hated it and still had to do it? It’s just replaced the old stand about in your kit holding the goods of the new sponsor lark, or turning up at Sharp to get your picture taken with a photocopier stuff.

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Guaranteed they do.

They probably all look up to pogba.
Can confirm they don't

Unread 17-12-2018, 11:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Like being photographed in public laughing away with Manchester city players a day after a 6-1 derby defeat?
Yes, and we all raged about that too. Absolutely correctly.

Unread 18-12-2018, 01:09 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Even if he does, what do his connections have to do with his own personal opinion on the matter?
Because it informs his opinion.

Unread 18-12-2018, 07:32 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
You’re forgetting the huge driving factor behind this. Sponsors. The sponsors want them constantly posting, in fact it’s very probably a stipulation in their contracts that they maintain an active social media presence. United probably demand it too.

Been involved with a sponsorship negotiation for a sports club with a sportswear firm and they count every mention, every hashtag, every instance of their brand appearing and constantly demand more exposure for their bucks. It will be much the same for these players everyone in here is happily vilifying for having the temerity to be in the public eye. It probably helps that the likes of Pogba and Lingard embrace it tbh, imagine if they hated it and still had to do it? It’s just replaced the old stand about in your kit holding the goods of the new sponsor lark, or turning up at Sharp to get your picture taken with a photocopier stuff.
Sure you’re right with sponsors etc. Not sure that applies to lingard releasing his own clothes brand though.

The other issue is that lingard is only famous because he plays for MUFC. He isn’t famous for being J Lingard unlike most top players at most top clubs. That’s because he’s nowhere near being a top player and never ever will be.

All this focus on lingard is bad though - it’s only because he’s such a dick that he’s getting all this. Tbh, There’s only two players in the 1st 12 I’d keep - de gea and martial. Rashford at a push - need to see him under a better manager before £#%&!ing him off. The rest can £#%&! off now afaic.

Unread 18-12-2018, 08:32 AM
dunk

I’ve not paid much attention, but is Lingard’s clothing brand not in conjunction with JD sports? He’s is one of the faces of Jd along with Bugzy Malone, who also has a range of clothes, and a few others who’s names escape me despite them gurning from billboards all around the Trafford centre.. I don’t think he’s decided to start a clothing off his own back and sourced designers/manufacturers etc.

Lingard is marketable, just one of those things.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I’ve not paid much attention, but is Lingard’s clothing brand not in conjunction with JD sports? He’s is one of the faces of Jd along with Bugzy Malone, who also has a range of clothes, and a few others who’s names escape me despite them gurning from billboards all around the Trafford centre.. I don’t think he’s decided to start a clothing off his own back and sourced designers/manufacturers etc.

Is that so? I didn’t know.

Even worse if true imo. A sub-brand of JD Sports.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:19 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Is that so? I didn’t know.

Even worse if true imo. A sub-brand of JD Sports.
I’m assuming so, JD just paying him to use his name to sell shit clothes to the impressionable youth. Don’t blame Jesseh for taking the offer tbh. JD are the @#%&!s.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Can confirm they don't
glad to hear that mate.

I wonder if woody was behind, or just passively supportive of the whole pogba social media circus when he signed. it was a heavy pr exercise either way and it reflects very poorly now. i just hate how cheap we've become.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:30 AM
marlo

Quote:

he has.
his clothes aren't sold in jd. only online on his online store.

Unread 18-12-2018, 09:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he has.
his clothes aren't sold in jd. only online on his online store.
Has he? Fair play. I thought he'd done the same as Bugzy.
Closed Thread