United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2017, 06:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
thanks for that, Robo-Lawyer
It's my job ffs. The judge or jury judge. I defend. The prosecutor prosecutes. It's kind of implicit in the adversarial criminal justice system that the defence defend the defendant.

Would you prefer that anyone accused of sex offences doesn't get to have a trial, or someone mitigating on their behalf?

Unread 15-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's my job ffs. The judge or jury judge. I defend. The prosecutor prosecutes. It's kind of implicit in the adversarial criminal justice system that the defence defend the defendant.

Would you prefer that anyone accused of sex offences doesn't get to have a trial, or someone mitigating on their behalf?
Yeah but it's a lot like the movies too, innit?

Ever put pressure on the victim in (and outside) of court? Do you have a private detective on call? What's his name, Alan? God, I bet he's bleeding horrible.

Unread 15-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Not at all, mate. I don't need you to spell out how court works ffs. I was more asking from a individual conscience point of view. For example how can you be in the presence of someone you know has nonced a kid and attempt to get them off? I don't think i could do that.

Unread 15-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Utter cringe.

He keeps referring to Carragher and Lampard's analysis last week

Embarassing drivel.
i didn't hear him refer to anything or anyone in particular

you've basically just made that up.

Unread 15-03-2017, 06:57 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Not at all, mate. I don't need you to spell out how court works ffs. I was more asking from a individual conscience point of view. For example how can you be in the presence of someone you know has nonced a kid and attempt to get them off? I don't think i could do that.
If they admit they've done it I can't let them have a trial. Well I can't represent them anyway. If they say they haven't it's up to the prosecution to prove they did it and i put their case. I can disbelieve them but they're still entitled to have their case put, and if I didn't I'd be failing at my job. Even if they are called Alan and are probably bang to rights.

Unread 15-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
The right to a fair trial is one of the pillars of a democracy. If the price of democracy is is alleged child abusers having a lawyer then it's a price worth paying.

Unread 15-03-2017, 07:36 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Alan has had an absolute Alan here.

Unread 17-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yeah he should definitely have laid into the 23 year old and shown him who's boss by hanging him out to dry in front the media, eh alan

I'm sure there's many reasons he's a world class multi trophy winning football manager and you're a guy on the internet called Alan, but I'd wager his handling of of his players and the media is probably one of them
Great straw man from a person on the internet called 'Whip' . Where exactly did I say he should lay into a player in front of the media?

Maybe we should just close the forum or set up a partnership with RAWK so the likes of yourself won't have to get upset about people forming objective opinions.
You and sex offender defender above could have every thread locked that they didn't like the look of just like they do on RAWK.

Unread 17-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Great straw man from a person on the internet called 'Whip' . Where exactly did I say he should lay into a player in front of the media?

Maybe we should just close the forum or set up a partnership with RAWK so the likes of yourself won't have to get upset about people forming objective opinions.
You and sex offender defender above could have every thread locked that they didn't like the look of just like they do on RAWK.

wtf.... forgotten about this thread..... 2 days ago.....

u ok hun?
Closed Thread