Originally Posted by Buck
I acknowledge the one game a week line.

Put together the squad??

Look at their starting line up:
Courtois
Moses (never played for JM)
Azpilicueta (already there before JM)
Cahill (already there before JM)
Luiz (already there before JM, sold and bought back by conte)
Alonso (new)
Kante (new)
Matic
Hazard (already there before JM)
Pedro
Costa
That's not their whole squad.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:50 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I take your point mate but we are 6th in the league and currently look like we invented the draw. The league cup is a trophy yeah but winning the league cup and finishing 6th would constitute a failure of a season for me.

I think some progress has been made on a general basis but we are so far away from being a league winning side it's untrue. We need at least another 4 top class players that will go straight into the first XI.
Sounds like you're reading from the same hymn sheet as every pundit at the moment; those who haven't watched us and are just gonna I get off the results. Yup we're 6th but look at it point wise and how we caught the pack up ffs. Silly amount to it or draws mostly down to being wasteful infront of goal. We are worth the run we are on in terms of not losing. With a bit more luck and composure in front of goal, cowardly refs & penalties we'd b right in the thick of it. Not gonna dwell on that though in a rabid conspiracy type way, just think it's worth a bit of a mention for perspective that if 4 or 5 correct decisions were made It'd be a different story.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:59 AM
Sparky***

Squad: Mourinho players signed in bold

Begovic
Alonso
Fabregas
Zouma

Ake
Kante
Hazard
Pedro
Courtois
Loftus Cheek
Moses
Kenedy
Costa
Matic
Willian

Batshuayi
Cahill
Terry
Azpilicueta
Chalobah
David Luiz
Aina
Musonda
Eduardo
Solanke

I'd say that makes the squad more Mourinho's than Conte's.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Sounds like you're reading from the same hymn sheet as every pundit at the moment; those who haven't watched us and are just gonna I get off the results. Yup we're 6th but look at it point wise and how we caught the pack up ffs. Silly amount to it or draws mostly down to being wasteful infront of goal. We are worth the run we are on in terms of not losing. With a bit more luck and composure in front of goal, cowardly refs & penalties we'd b right in the thick of it. Not gonna dwell on that though in a rabid conspiracy type way, just think it's worth a bit of a mention for perspective that if 4 or 5 correct decisions were made It'd be a different story.
Caught them up to remain 6th. Yep, great achievement.

Are you seriously blaming refereeing decisions for us being 6th?

We are 6th because we are average. You sound like a Liverpool fan tbh.

The way you address a "bit more luck and composure in front of goal" is by investing in players who can put the ball in the back of the net. Our finishing has been diabolical in the main. Let's hope it is addressed accordingly in the summer otherwise things will be the same next season.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's not their whole squad.
Only seven other players have made five league appearences

Fabregas
Willian
Terry (already there before JM)
Batshayi (new)
Chalobah (debut by Conte)
Ivanovic (already there before JM, now sold)
Oscar (already there before JM, now semi-retired)

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:14 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Caught them up to remain 6th. Yep, great achievement.

Are you seriously blaming refereeing decisions for us being 6th?

We are 6th because we are average. You sound like a Liverpool fan tbh.

The way you address a "bit more luck and composure in front of goal" is by investing in players who can put the ball in the back of the net. Our finishing has been diabolical in the main. Let's hope it is addressed accordingly in the summer otherwise things will be the same next season.
Well seeing that the season must have finished yesterday.

So making up a massive deficiet isn't worth it. You're just going on about what they myopic £#%&!wits are.

Plenty of bad calls have lost us some points without a shadow of a doubt, that's not the only reason though and it's part of the bigger picture and it's not something I'm going to rabidly count to.

Beenn making plenty of chances on the whole and we've had players
uncharacteristically missing them.

Is chalk and cheese compared to the last few seasons yet some are still acting like the same beaten dogs you were under Moyes and LVG. Be truthful now and admit how much you've actually watched us as you sound exactly like some blues who go on about us without having actually seen the match.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Only seven other players have made five league appearences

Fabregas
Willian
Terry (already there before JM)
Batshayi (new)
Chalobah (debut by Conte)
Ivanovic (already there before JM, now sold)
Oscar (already there before JM, now semi-retired)
I think we're in danger of getting bogged down in a boring 'stat-off' here.

The basis of my point is this:

Chelsea had won one league title in 8 years since Mourinho left in 2007. Mourinho comes back in the summer of 2013 and by Spring of 2015 they are league champions again for the first time in 5 years.

Conte now had the benefit of inheriting a squad of players, the bulk of which, were champions about 18 months before he took over and all of whom had the talent and the temperament to win a title in this country.

That's what I'm getting at. Chelsea probably should have won the league again last season, the reason they didn't has nothing to do with the talent of the players or Mourinho but rather the poisonous viper-pit that is the Chelsea dressing room.

it'll do for Conte as well eventually.

Unread 13-03-2017, 02:42 AM
Buck

Quote:
I think we're in danger of getting bogged down in a boring 'stat-off' here.

The basis of my point is this:

Chelsea had won one league title in 8 years since Mourinho left in 2007. Mourinho comes back in the summer of 2013 and by Spring of 2015 they are league champions again for the first time in 5 years.

Conte now had the benefit of inheriting a squad of players, the bulk of which, were champions about 18 months before he took over and all of whom had the talent and the temperament to win a title in this country.

That's what I'm getting at. Chelsea probably should have won the league again last season, the reason they didn't has nothing to do with the talent of the players or Mourinho but rather the poisonous viper-pit that is the Chelsea dressing room.

it'll do for Conte as well eventually.
See when you put it like that it's a more fair opinion. The previous one-liners just seemed in sour taste.

I've made my views clear that I am happy with the direction the club is going in and Mourinho has changed things around with the mentality quickly.

The issue is last year we were all preached how much an upgrade JM was to LvG. How if we got him in Dec 15 we'd not only make top four but could win the league. Yet now things are more cautious.

In many ways because you guys did so much cheerleading for a man who then had no link to Utd, the realisation the job is harder than anticipated leads to more touchy retorts to justify it.

Unread 14-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Sapien

I believe I can fly.

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:00 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I believe I can fly.

Unread 14-03-2017, 09:01 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I believe I can fly.

Unread 14-03-2017, 04:34 PM
red in cumbria

Any more "beliefs" to share with us, saffers old bean?

Love you really, pal ;-)

Unread 14-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Sizlack

Vilified for having the temerity to believe in us, says more about you lot than him imo.

Unread 14-03-2017, 04:48 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Vilified for having the temerity to believe in us, says more about you lot than him imo.
Referee decided the game.

We will have the last laugh.

Those who want to be on Jose and Uniteds side can come with me and Sizlack,those who want to be ABUs can do their thing too. We love United.

Unread 14-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Sparky***

Poor form to bttt this in my opinion.

You shouldn't kick fellow reds after a shit result.

Unread 14-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Sizlack

I think we all agree even thoe we got beat, Jose claimed a little more of our hearts once again. Hes the £#%&!in shizzle.

Unread 14-03-2017, 05:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Poor form to bttt this in my opinion.

You shouldn't kick fellow reds after a shit result.
As you said yourself, it wasn't that bad as defeats go. The tone is thus appropriately gentle, not vengefully gleeful.
Closed Thread