Gabby 7 13.73%
Patrice 44 86.27%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2007, 02:43 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
But Chelsea don't play with much width so it's not an area of the pitch I see the game being won and lost.
Hmmm, forget how Chelsea play. What about how we play?

Without full backs that can get up the pitch (Neville and Evra) we look very one dimensional and start to resort to the long ball. It completely messes up our style of play.

These are some of the games when Neville and Evra have not played.

Milan away
Man City away
Boro home
Portsmouth away
Roma away

No coincidence that these were some of our most frustrating and poor performances of the season in terms of our style of play and attacking threat.

The evidence is staring everyone in the face. Evra must start.

Unread 17-05-2007, 03:20 PM
thatsfuctit

do you think SAF pays much attention to Fred Tissue?

Unread 17-05-2007, 03:25 PM
celtbion

My back four would be Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra. I think we'll put Vidic on duty to go challenge with Drogba for every aerial ball. It'll leave space behind him of course but with Brown there as well, we should be alright. We've enough natural defenders in there to accommodate Evra.

I think we'll fancy our chances against the right side of Chelsea's defence so, if we're going there to take the game to them, playing Evra and Ronaldo down that side would be our best bet.

Heinze is an alternative of course and would offer something different but if Chelsea go with SWP, would you fancy Heinze one on one with him?

Thought not.

Unread 17-05-2007, 03:30 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
No, but if I can gather evidence to prove we don't play well without Neville or Evra then I'd expect Fergie to realise this too.

Unread 17-05-2007, 04:15 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Hmmm, forget how Chelsea play. What about how we play?

Without full backs that can get up the pitch (Neville and Evra) we look very one dimensional and start to resort to the long ball. It completely messes up our style of play.

These are some of the games when Neville and Evra have not played.

Milan away
Man City away
Boro home
Portsmouth away
Roma away

No coincidence that these were some of our most frustrating and poor performances of the season in terms of our style of play and attacking threat.

The evidence is staring everyone in the face. Evra must start.
Forget how Chelsea play?

Hhhmm, as much as I want us to play our own game, ignoring the attributes and threats from quality opposition is just silly.

We'll get picked off if we do that.

After this point you make total sense though!

I want Evra to start too. I just don't think it's as easy decision as many are suggesting.

Unread 17-05-2007, 04:15 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Yes, but only between the hours of 2 and 5am.

Unread 21-05-2007, 08:08 PM
celtbion

So, he went with Heinze, what did everyone think?

Unread 21-05-2007, 08:12 PM
TreeFiddy

See my post at the top of the page. It didn't take a genius, did it?

Fergie played to contain their forwards instead of attacking their defenders. I reckon Evra could have done as good a defensive job as Heinze anyway so it beggars belief.

Unread 21-05-2007, 08:16 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
See my post at the top of the page. It didn't take a genius, did it?

Fergie played to contain their forwards instead of attacking their defenders. I reckon Evra could have done as good a defensive job as Heinze anyway so it beggars belief.
Only that I was having a great afternoon ambling around Cambridge drinking ale, I'd have chucked something at the screen when I saw that starting XI.

£#%&!ing unreal. Whatever about playing Heinze but 4-5-1 as well.

£#%&!ing unreal.
Closed Thread