Unread 21-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Whalefish

Not arf.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:22 AM
puressence

saha can £#%&! off the piece of glass

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:22 AM
believe

i think we missed rooney and ronaldo to be honest.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Agreed. Little Patrice's runs down the left are also a big miss these days; a great feature of the first half of the season. The pace and cutting edge the pair of them provide in the attacking third would have been a huge bonus both on Saturday and in recent weeks.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Torquemada

We didn't so much miss him as got comfortable with the fact that he ain't going to be playing for us anymore. He's become an unreliable liability, and it's patently obvious that he's about to be £#%&!ed off to somewhere nasty, and will end up wishing he put in more of an effort to prevent it whilst at United. He permanently looks half asleep FFS!

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:25 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i think we missed rooney and ronaldo to be honest.
On at least two occasions Rooney tried to beat pretty much the whole Chelsea defence - and nearly succeeded.

if Saha was there he wouldn't need to do that.

Park would've offered that extra energy and guile that Fletcher can't produce when he's played on the right.

Our lack of squad depth has been highlighted in Europe and the weekend.

Some of them look absolutely £#%&!ed by the end of it.

The season seems to have really caught up with them in the last few weeks, but let's not forget that it's been a huge success.

We got the one we wanted!

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:27 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agreed. Little Patrice's runs down the left are also a big miss these days; a great feature of the first half of the season. The pace and cutting edge the pair of them provide in the attacking third would have been a huge bonus both on Saturday and in recent weeks.
Yes. I thought Heinze was fine going backwards but offered his usually lack of quality coming forward.

Evra would've bombed forward down that left where we got most of our joy anyway.

Surprised he wasn't brought on for Giggs.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Whalefish

Our squad isn't thin/weak. It's pretty well stocked tbh but the problem is some of the squad players are shit.

Saha may be a tosser Lee, he may be made from glass, but we most definitely missed him on Saturday. Evra too.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:31 AM
El Calafate

Giggs was the worst player on the pitch. nft.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Our squad isn't thin/weak. It's pretty well stocked tbh but the problem is some of the squad players are shit.

Saha may be a tosser Lee, he may be made from glass, but we most definitely missed him on Saturday. Evra too.
I agree we missed Evra. Saha, on the other hand, just isn't worth relying on. Hopefully he will be gone come August and we will have a big, aggressive goalscorer in his place who is actually up for the fight, because Saha sure as shit isn't!

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Giggs was the worst player on the pitch. nft.
Absolute %@#$&!s

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:34 AM
DoubleJ

park would have done bugger all, saha would have had the beating of essien imo, but as much as i liked the guy he can do one,

however is it a coincedence that saha suddenly went out of form and fitness the moment fergie starting dropping him for larsson? i think not

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:35 AM
DoubleJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Absolute %@#$&!s
giggs was bloody awful, cant think of anyone who did less, and as much as a love the player no way should he be a captain

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:35 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Absolute %@#$&!s
so who was? nft.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
I agree we missed Evra. Saha, on the other hand, just isn't worth relying on. Hopefully he will be gone come August and we will have a big, aggressive goalscorer in his place who is actually up for the fight, because Saha sure as shit isn't!
We can't afford to offload Saha and replace him alone. Ole is finished (sadly) and Smith is garbage. Those two as the back up strikers next season worry me. A lot.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:41 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Ok then. Weak in terms of strength in depth rather than numbers.

If Saha is out we have no replacement. When Giggs plays central we have no winger other than Ronnie.

That stands out and it was evident on Saturday.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Qwertyuiop

We missed a centre forward on Saturday, regardless of who it was. To play one up front when they had a midfielder in the centre of defence was silly.

Almost as silly as dropping Hughes when Nigel Clough was centre half.

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
so who was? nft.
Ronaldo did much less than Giggs.

NFT

Unread 21-05-2007, 10:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Ronaldo did much less than Giggs.

NFT
Giggs wasn't as well marked. Saw more of the ball and had better opportunities.

When you consider the chances Giggs had, his terrible ball control and positions he found himself in - he was poorer than Ronaldo.

I'm not pointing fingers, but it's a simple observation to point out that Giggs has been poor in recent weeks, looked tired and was way way below par on Saturday.
Closed Thread