United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2007, 05:59 PM
MUFC One Love

Default I am delighted with the Hargreaves capture..

I think he is perfect for United and will fit in nicely, he'll bring the engine to our midfield, in some games we have missed a player like that badly.

That is all.

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:06 PM
thatsfuctit

I agree - carrick and scholesy can pass most teams to death - but on occasions we need a bit more drive in the middle..

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

yeah me too.....he's great at right back you know

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Terry Silver

Yep.

Fergie realised you can't replace Keane with one player, so has bought Carrick and Hargreaves instead. It took long enough (not to mention a ridiculous sum of money) but United are now much stronger than they have been for years.

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:48 PM
TreeFiddy

I'm pleased with the signing. Time will tell just how good it is.

I hardly think it's fair to call it a 'capture' though. 18 million for a hard working midfielder that is desperate to join us!

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Fatboy Shrek

4-5-1, brap brap.

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I'm pleased with the signing. Time will tell just how good it is.

I hardly think it's fair to call it a 'capture' though. 18 million for a hard working midfielder that is desperate to join us!
£#%&! off...I wanted to use some headline skills!

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Has anyone on here seen more of him than the half a dozen games i've seen him in?

What are his strengths? i've heard tireless running and also a decent tackler but is there more to him that that? seems like a lot of money so there must be more to his game, wish i'd seen more Bayern games so i knew what his week to week game was all about...

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:22 PM
El Calafate

£17m to see Fletcher benched. MOTWYW nft.

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
MOTWYW nft.
what the fook does that mean?

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Has anyone on here seen more of him than the half a dozen games i've seen him in?

What are his strengths? i've heard tireless running and also a decent tackler but is there more to him that that? seems like a lot of money so there must be more to his game, wish i'd seen more Bayern games so i knew what his week to week game was all about...
He isnt just a defensive mid. Unlike Gerrard and Lampard, I feel his best quality is he knows how to play a game of actual football. When they play for England, the only one who makes any attempt at controlling the passing game is Hargreaves while Lamps and Gerrard are all kickand rush. He can pick up the ball, turn, run with it or pick out a pass.

My only concern is we're gonna struggle to unlock defences unless we get another topclass attacker, not a huntelaar or ruud, but someone who is mobile and can createhis own goals.

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Terry Silver

He is very similar to Gattusso.

Disciplined defensively, but can also drive the team on.

Has his head screwed on too.

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:57 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
He isnt just a defensive mid. Unlike Gerrard and Lampard, I feel his best quality is he knows how to play a game of actual football. When they play for England, the only one who makes any attempt at controlling the passing game is Hargreaves while Lamps and Gerrard are all kickand rush. He can pick up the ball, turn, run with it or pick out a pass.

My only concern is we're gonna struggle to unlock defences unless we get another topclass attacker, not a huntelaar or ruud, but someone who is mobile and can createhis own goals.
Eto'o. Oh I £#%&!ing wish. He'd be so perfect it's too exciting to even think about.

Unread 20-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Serenity Now

Has anyone watched him regularly for Bayern? Or is this all based on Champions League and England performances?

Unread 20-05-2007, 08:04 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Has anyone watched him regularly for Bayern? Or is this all based on Champions League and England performances?
I've not seen him play regularly for Bayern. I don't think many people on here have. But then I'm not passing judgement and analysing his game like others are. From what I've seen he's hard working, versatile and a good tackler, but his passing isn't great. What do you make of him?

Unread 20-05-2007, 09:20 PM
wonky no

we'll win the lot with him next season. We might get another 2 seasons out of the ginger wizzard too.

A striker and wide man is needed now.

Unread 20-05-2007, 09:48 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy

[SIZE="6"]T E V E Z

Unread 20-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
[SIZE="6"]T O R R E S

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:03 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
[SIZE="6"]T E V E Z
he's going to madrid int he?

Unread 20-05-2007, 11:26 PM
punk_football

better than him going to the scousers or Chelsea, would really love him in a United shirt
Closed Thread