View Poll Results: well?
Gabby 7 13.73%
Patrice 44 86.27%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:09 PM
thatsfuctit

Default Left back in the cup final

this online tat says Gabby will get the nod over Patrice..

they probably know £#%&! all but who would you go for?

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_de...l_id=1&t_id=48

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Butt-hole Surfer

If Evra is actually awake and ready to play he'd be my bet. If he wants to come and put in a performance like the one at Goodison he's better off on the bench.

Heinze could do the job if required, provided he doesn't try and play all across the back four like he normally does.

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:17 PM
jem

that's why he was taken off on sunday (along with smith and carrick).

heinze will be lucky to be on the bench the way he's been playing.

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:29 PM
S/Side.Red

If Evra was fully fit I'd expect him to play, but he isn't even close.

I think it will be Heinze.

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:36 PM
TreeFiddy

Evra better play. He's so much better than Heinze.

Unread 16-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Terry Silver

Evra is much better than Heinze, when fully fit.

However, at the moment he is lacking fitness, sharpness and confidence.

VDS

Brown Rio Vidic Heinze

Carrick Scholes

Ronnie Giggs Rooney

Smith

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:35 AM
puressence

evra has played like a @#%&! in the last month .. gabby will be in for his height at set pieces

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

It has to be the Senegalese Superman.

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:40 AM
puressence

not happening mate ..dragged off in his last 2 games ..

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:43 AM
RedOx

Evra all the way, i'd take him half fit, over that donkey!

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
And actually played very well against West Ham. He wasn't subbed because he was having a stinker like he did at Goodison.

Gabby has filled in but I'm sorry his performances still haven't been close to that of 2 years back. His habit of getting caught out high up the pitch or his desire to form a back 3 ( ) causes us all sorts of problems down the left.

But of course he's positonal play is sound.

If Evra was fully fit he'd be in ahead of Gabby, no doubt.

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He wasn't "dragged off" on Satdee, he was playing fantastically, as has been said he was being kept for the Cup Final, what with his recent injuries..

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:49 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He wasn't "dragged off" on Satdee, he was playing fantastically, as has been said he was being kept for the Cup Final, what with his recent injuries..
it was sunday btw.. and he got a £#%&!ing over his performance at everton in which gabby was motm ..

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
it was sunday btw.. and he got a £#%&!ing over his performance at everton in which gabby was motm ..
Sorry, yeah, Sunday. Still I stand by my statement and the basic fact that this season Evra has been by far the better left back. He had a shocker against Everton but that aside he's been excellent, so much so that if it wasn't for injuries I doubt we'd have seen much of Gabby this season.

Unread 17-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Yes he did, and he performed very well on Sunday. Gabby motm? Not sure about that at all.

Some folk like to get the hump that Heinze has been singled out for criticism this season. He's been badly off form since he returned from injury. An absolute liability at times yet when Evra has one bad match (two if you count the Milan tie at home, I don't - he made one mistake but did plenty of good things) folk seem very quick to revert back to type. Some forget very quickly how good Evra has been this year. Excellent in fact.

I like my full backs to attack and put the other team under pressure. Gabby doesn't do that because he's crap on the ball, has no pace and can't deliver a decent pass under pressure. However since we'll no doubt be under a lot of pressure on Saturday I suspect we'll need that third centre back.

Evra isn't full fit atm and has been playing on with an injury, I suspect Gabby will get the nod since he has the momentum taking him into the game.

Unread 17-05-2007, 08:14 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yes he did, and he performed very well on Sunday. Gabby motm? Not sure about that at all.

Some folk like to get the hump that Heinze has been singled out for criticism this season. He's been badly off form since he returned from injury. An absolute liability at times yet when Evra has one bad match (two if you count the Milan tie at home, I don't - he made one mistake but did plenty of good things) folk seem very quick to revert back to type. Some forget very quickly how good Evra has been this year. Excellent in fact.

I like my full backs to attack and put the other team under pressure. Gabby doesn't do that because he's crap on the ball, has no pace and can't deliver a decent pass under pressure. However since we'll no doubt be under a lot of pressure on Saturday I suspect we'll need that third centre back.

Evra isn't full fit atm and has been playing on with an injury, I suspect Gabby will get the nod since he has the momentum taking him into the game.

reckon he will get the nod over evra cos of the height situation tbh .. chelsea are long ball merchants atm . and rely on set plays for goals ..hence gabbys height will give him an advantage

Unread 17-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
reckon he will get the nod over evra cos of the height situation tbh .. chelsea are long ball merchants atm . and rely on set plays for goals ..hence gabbys height will give him an advantage
That's possibly true although I've only seen Evra struggle in the air twice this season, both against Scousrs. Anyhoo, The Sun reckon it'll be Evra at left back. No one really knows.

Exclusive
By Phil Thomas
May 17, 2007

PATRICE EVRA has won the battle with Gabriel Heinze to start in Manchester United’s FA Cup final line-up.

And Darren Fletcher is likely to get the nod over Alan Smith in midfield for the clash with Chelsea.

Argentine star Heinze was United’s stand-in skipper for their final two Premiership games.

But Evra, now free from a calf injury, has been playing left-back in this week’s training sessions and is favourite to get the nod with Heinze on the bench.

Fletcher has impressed with his work-rate this season and is set to line up alongside Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick in midfield.

Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo will support Wayne Rooney up front.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...220554,00.html

Unread 17-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Gog Coch

Evra but only cos he's more focused and concentrates more than Gabby. The first 20 mins are important on concentration. the last 20 on hell for leather and beat the shit out of them provided we have 11 men on the field.

Unread 17-05-2007, 08:39 AM
The Return of JC

Evra should play. Gabby will play.

Hope this helps.

Unread 17-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Part 36 Offer

They only possible reason I could see Heinze getting the nod is because all Chelsea seem to do is get the ball to Cashley and knock a long diaganol ball to Drogba.

Having said that, Evra has improved physically and has got a very good leap so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.
Closed Thread