Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
More gloom. Yawn.
With a bit of doom

Unread 14-05-2007, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
With a bit of doom
Obviously. Can't have gloom without doom, not on here anyway. Where did we finish in the league this year btw? Must've been 5th or 6th considering the mood on here.

Unread 14-05-2007, 12:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Obviously. Can't have gloom without doom, not on here anyway. Where did we finish in the league this year btw? Must've been 5th or 6th considering the mood on here.
Yes but us plucky outsiders might be able to grab the consolation prize of the cup.

Unread 14-05-2007, 12:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Yes but us plucky outsiders might be able to grab the consolation prize of the cup.
Shhhhhh, that's fighting talk round these parts.

Unread 14-05-2007, 01:00 PM
penguin1

Default To be fair.....

...we should have had 2 or 3 in the first half yesterday, plus a pen in the 2nd. They scabbed it.

Unread 14-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Johnson

bring back Ruud !

he scored again on Saturday

Unread 14-05-2007, 01:42 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
bring back Ruud !

he scored again on Saturday
HE ALWAYS SCORES

Unread 14-05-2007, 01:43 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
im concerned we havent scored a goal from outfield play in 4 games
since eagles at everton .. discuss

Unread 14-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
HE ALWAYS SCORES
So does Rossi

Unread 14-05-2007, 02:28 PM
MJ Ramone

I don't think it's 'doom' to mention the lack of goals.
I think it's a valid point.

Of course we slacked off yesterday, that's absolutely understandable.
But against City, Milan & Chelsea I can't remember the opposition keeper making a save??

I think we've worked miracles to win the Title considering we've not had a regular 'centre forward' all season. Saha did well for 2-3 months & then vanished. Smith & Ole did ok in flashes but they're clearly not up to a full season.
Larsson did OK, but wasn't round long enough to be consistent.

It's definitely something we need sorting over the summer.

Just another quick point while I'm having a moan, Ronaldo. PLEASE stop hitting the wall with your freekicks at goal!
Vary it a little bit...try a more orthodox technique from time to time!!

Unread 14-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't think it's 'doom' to mention the lack of goals.
I think it's a valid point.

Of course we slacked off yesterday, that's absolutely understandable.
But against City, Milan & Chelsea I can't remember the opposition keeper making a save??

!

Right, the Milan game was shite but all the bones have long since been picked out of that defeat.

City, on the back of a Euro away, and a gruelling season, United won the title. What's not to like?

Chelsea?! Are you sure? We played Dong up front on his own, so I'm guessing Fergie wasn't going all out for a win. In fact, I'm confident enough to say he has been resting players with the FA Cup in mind.

In case you hadn't noticed, when the pressure was on all season, we scored the most goals of any team in the league (83 in 38... 83 in 36 that mattered) and ended up Champions.

You have to be on a WUM...

Unread 14-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Grimson

The team we will be playing haven't won a game in almost a month.

Unread 14-05-2007, 04:46 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Just another quick point while I'm having a moan, Ronaldo. PLEASE stop hitting the wall with your freekicks at goal!
Vary it a little bit...try a more orthodox technique from time to time!!
I'm glad someone else mentioned that. It drives me mad. It's not even a football issue. It's just common sense and obvious that a straight free kick will not be able to go past a wall unless the angle is right. It's pathetic how many free kicks we waste like that. I don't see why he can't just take a free kick like everyone else - I'm sure he has the ability. Maybe no one wants to upset Ronaldo but that's not on. Someone needs to have a word with him.

Unread 14-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The team we will be playing haven't won a game in almost a month.
they've drawn their last 4. Hardly setting the world alight themselves are they?

Unread 14-05-2007, 05:11 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
they've drawn their last 4. Hardly setting the world alight themselves are they?
last 5

Unread 14-05-2007, 05:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
You have to be on a WUM...

I'm not on a wind-up at all....I'm not even 'moaning' really. Nobody was happier than me to see the Trophy home yesterday.
I'm just respoding to the initial thread.

I think it's a fair point to make that since the midfield goals have dried up of late we have lacked a natural 'striker' to get us out of jail in tight games.

Of course there are mitigating circumstances for our lack of goals in recent games, I was just responding to the question "Is it a worry with the Cup Final less than a week away?"

I think maybe it is a slight concern, that's all...
Closed Thread