United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:34 PM
saffers

Default League starts in 7 days and we've signed ONE first team player, time to go Woodward?

Nft.

He has let the manager down YET again. Did it to Moyes. Did it to LvG.

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:42 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Nft.

Other than the Dippers nobody has done much business - very strange!

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Clownbones

As much as I don't like mou this guy is a clown*

Pissing away time in stupid galactico style fantasies while haggling over £30m for mina

*Not that there's anything wrong with that

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:44 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Other than the Dippers nobody has done much business - very strange!
Chelsea in limbo due to the Conte situation + Hazard and Courtois futures uncertain.

Arsenal have signed 4/5 first teamers.

City have signed one first teamer but are getting some talents back from loan and did win the league by 20 points.

Spurs? Don't have cash. Need to sell before they can buy.

What's our excuse after all our sales since Mou came. A lot of money made back. Where is it? Why are Everton outspending us two summers in a row? Where's the ambition?

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Mr_Ed

Fellaini is like a new signing. Kill me now.

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Lok

We were so close to City last season. Fred should be the difference.

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We were so close to City last season. Fred should be the difference.
Closer than any other @#%&!.

Unread 03-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Bobda

Didn't he sign all but one of the managers targets last season?

£#%&! me if Woody is to be judged on not bringing in players suggested by either Laurel or Hardy prior to Mou, he should be knighted not criticised.

Unread 03-08-2018, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda

£#%&! me if Woody is to be judged on not bringing in players suggested by either Laurel or Hardy prior to Mou, he should be knighted not criticised.
Meh, he's still a delusional dick.

Unread 03-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda

Can't imagine why Wooders didn't rush to get his chequebook out to sign Baines/Vermaelen/Charlie Austin

He might be a clueless £#%&!er and there is no doubt a football structure would improve things immeasurably but all three managers can hardly argue they've not been backed well, their job is to get the best out of what they have and they have failed.

Unread 03-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Nft.

He's a £#%&!ing moron isn't he. Glorified accountant.

Unread 03-08-2018, 05:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's a £#%&!ing moron isn't he. Glorified accountant.
Also a rumoured Vermin supporter, never forget that.

Unread 03-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Can't imagine why Wooders didn't rush to get his chequebook out to sign Baines/Vermaelen/Charlie Austin

He might be a clueless £#%&!er and there is no doubt a football structure would improve things immeasurably but all three managers can hardly argue they've not been backed well, their job is to get the best out of what they have and they have failed.
Exactly this.

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
but all three managers can hardly argue they've not been backed well, their job is to get the best out of what they have and they have failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Exactly this.
I disagree, fundamentally.

The aim should be to reshape united's squad back to elite status. Why bring mou in and then not allow him carte blanche authority to sack off the weak and bring in the strong? and THEN judge him.

Instead he has been hamstrung. He gives targets and gets... well. Seems unfair to criticise him when this isn't "his" team. Some of it is... the best bits. But mostly it is cast offs. Of soft @#%&!s. Get the best out of them? We aren't £#%&!ing Bolton.

Anyway, who cares? Laters taters xx

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:33 PM
ScarFace

Clearly, don't trust the manager and think he's off by the start of next season.

Probably already know the next guy and saving up the jew gold for him.

Dead season coming up

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

The aim should be to reshape united's squad back to elite status. Why bring mou in and then not allow him carte blanche authority to sack off the weak and bring in the strong? and THEN judge him.

Instead he has been hamstrung. He gives targets and gets... well. Seems unfair to criticise him when this isn't "his" team. Some of it is... the best bits. But mostly it is cast offs. Of soft @#%&!s. Get the best out of them? We aren't £#%&!ing Bolton.

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:

The best bit of the team is Alex Ferguson’s.

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The best bit of the team is Alex Ferguson’s.
if you like. I still disagree with your opinion on the manager's role.

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:53 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Literally no-one is saying we shouldn't be trying to get back to elite status

By his own admission he got 4/4 targets in his first summer and 3/4 last summer, that's more than the vast majority of other managers get to work with and with 7 from 8 of his own targets I would expect more than we have been getting.

" Get the best out of them? We aren't £#%&!ing Bolton" - Yea, on £15 mil a year get the best out of the expensively put together squad you have, which includes 7 of your own targets. At the very least it should be better to watch with the attacking talent we have, this surely isn't controversial?

Unread 03-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
if you like. I still disagree with your opinion on the manager's role.
That’s fine, I disagree with how you’re characterising what he’s trying to do. How does begging Fellaini to stay fit in with getting us back to elite status?
Closed Thread