United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 07-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I am struggling with why you are struggling with this.

am I eating meat? no. check.
does it taste good? yes. check.
is it healthy? yes. check.

the rest is art/presenation. why make a cow look like a burger?

Exactly, it's presentation and 'familiarity' for those who want to make the transition.

Would be interested to know why the majority of vegans are vegan, and I strongly suspect it's mostly down to the ethics.

If it's for nutritional reasons, that's a bit silly.

Unread 07-06-2019, 11:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
The meat substitutes arenít the problem, itís vegan cheese.

Fucking awful. And for that reason, Iím out.
well..... yeah. mrs jem has been on a quest to find a good vegan cheese for a year now. doesn't exist. all taste like ear wax. she makes her own using some nut (not me).... absolutely fucking delicious. but it's not cheese. you can't just make something nice, call it cheese and pretend vegan cheese is nice.

Unread 07-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well..... yeah. mrs jem has been on a quest to find a good vegan cheese for a year now. doesn't exist. all taste like ear wax. she makes her own using some nut (not me).... absolutely fucking delicious. but it's not cheese. you can't just make something nice, call it cheese and pretend vegan cheese is nice.
could never give up cheese, despite the dairy industry being so disgusting (looked at ahimsa dairy but there is about a 20 year waiting list. Other "ethical" dairys charge about 15 quid to deliver a litre of milk)

Nutritional yeast is actually delicious as a sort of faux parmesan

Unread 07-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
could never give up cheese, despite the dairy industry being so disgusting (looked at ahimsa dairy but there is about a 20 year waiting list. Other "ethical" dairys charge about 15 quid to deliver a litre of milk)

Nutritional yeast is actually delicious as a sort of faux parmesan