United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
A good result no doubt but come on The biggest masterclass tonight was Batshuai in how not to finish and chelsea in how to be offside.

We played absolutely £#%&! all football after about 60 mins.
Erm read Keith's post again pal

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Imagine what it’ll be like when ole learns to be as tactically savvy as the top coaches like bielsa or even lamps.
Until the opener I thought he’d £#%&!ed up the tactics tbh. If you’re going to go three at the back, you better make damn sure your wing backs are contributing in the final third, and until his move for the cross AWB wasn’t by any stretch. I’m still not convinced he can on a regular basis and hope he proves me wrong.

The narrative is very much dictated by the result, but I thought we did ok but were fortunate. The decision by Matic to step infield rather than cover the runner for Girouds effort and the decision to leave half the goal open for the free kick that hit the post made it feel like we were trying to make up for getting all the decisions tonight. Stupid, and we won’t keep getting away with it.

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:52 PM
My Name is Keith

Apart from Liverpool we’ve beaten all the top 6 this season - all of whom have managers that loads off here dribble over.

We struggle breaking down teams who are well organised defensively - which given the paucity of our creativity in midfield (given the absence of our supposed super star) is possibly not that surprising. Hopefully Fernandes can unlock some of our struggles in that department.

Tactically, I thought he got it more or less spot on and in playing terms more generally , he seems to have identified a lot of our weaknesses and is trying to address them.

But forget that, sack him TONIGHT!

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:55 PM
Ethers

First Premier League double ever over Chelsea?

Impressive.

Unread 18-02-2020, 12:23 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
reasonable interview from f£#%&!.
Can I call him a "public school Tory dick" before funners does?

Unread 18-02-2020, 12:34 AM
redhegemony

We create most of our own problems. Matic ought to realise his limitations and not get isolated upfield. He slows our attacking play down as he turns like a one oared boat.

We don't pick up the runner on 1-2s. We were better on corners getting a defensive head in. Very slow getting into the box when attacking.

Why on earth do we bring everyone back for a corner we want to spring quickly but have no outlet.

Biggest positive is our tackling Fred has infected the others with his desire to win the ball.

Rashford and The Scottish Player for James and Matic would make a huge difference. James would be great coming in for the last 30.

Unread 18-02-2020, 12:37 AM
utd99

Matic is a strange one. Mostly solid with good quality laced with a few really dodgy errors.

Unread 18-02-2020, 12:41 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Matic is a strange one. Mostly solid with good quality laced with a few really dodgy errors.
He can't take the ball on the half turn and distribute quickly which is hopeless in a counter attacking side.

Unread 18-02-2020, 12:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Can I call him a "public school Tory dick" before funners does?
you'll have to be more specific.

Unread 18-02-2020, 12:55 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Apart from Liverpool we’ve beaten all the top 6 this season - all of whom have managers that loads off here dribble over.

We struggle breaking down teams who are well organised defensively - which given the paucity of our creativity in midfield (given the absence of our supposed super star) is possibly not that surprising. Hopefully Fernandes can unlock some of our struggles in that department.

Tactically, I thought he got it more or less spot on and in playing terms more generally , he seems to have identified a lot of our weaknesses and is trying to address them.

But forget that, sack him TONIGHT!
Only team to take points off the vermin too.

Unread 18-02-2020, 01:01 AM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

Huge result

Only watched the highlights but looks like the result was better than the performance

Rode our luck and then caught Chelsea with a couple of sucker punches

Unfortunately that type of football isn’t going to get consistent wins week to week so I can’t say it gives me any more confidence for the Watford home match coming up

Great to see old slab head finally get a goal from a set piece

At least it gets us in touching distance with Chelsea however at some point we have to put a few wins together

Unread 18-02-2020, 04:17 AM
shenwen

Shit game. Good win. Just. How the £#%&! are Chelsea still in fourth?

Positives: Fred MOTM. Again. Bruno - the difference it makes having a player like him on set pieces. Bailly - when not making silly mistakes he was brutal. Iggy Pop looked a bit chunky but gives us something very different to Martial. All good signs moving forward.

Can't argue with Martial's goal, but he didn't do much else. He would be better with Ighalo alongside him. No idea what James did in that game. Also no idea why Pereira was brought on. Ole is in love with him isn't he? Or determined to be proved correct.

Not going to get too excited. We've been here before many times this season. Good win against a top six team, followed by shit against a bottom half team. Oh, hi Watford.

Unread 18-02-2020, 05:52 AM
Coracao

We need a massive upgrade on James on the right. He should be an impact sub at best.

Thought Fred had a good game. Two good goals, but a march devoid of much quality other than that from both sides. Shocking how much we have both fallen tbh.

Unread 18-02-2020, 06:07 AM
believe

There’s been plenty of talk about Ole and his “plan” this season and I thought last night that we was actually working towards it. Ok, we might not have all the right players to implement it but I thought we looked disciplined, creative at times and Chelsea never really looked like beating us. Yes we got lucky with VAR but rightly or wrongly that’s what it’s there for.

Two wins over Chelsea this season is nothing to be sniffed at I just hope we can build on it rather than revert to type.

Unread 18-02-2020, 07:37 AM
windy waffles

Great performance that.

Always felt we were gonna win it. 14/5 was a great price.

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:05 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
There’s been plenty of talk about Ole and his “plan” this season and I thought last night that we was actually working towards it. Ok, we might not have all the right players to implement it but I thought we looked disciplined, creative at times and Chelsea never really looked like beating us. Yes we got lucky with VAR but rightly or wrongly that’s what it’s there for.

Two wins over Chelsea this season is nothing to be sniffed at I just hope we can build on it rather than revert to type.
3 wins 4-0 2-1 2-0.

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:14 AM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:56 AM
AK14

Unread 18-02-2020, 09:57 AM
waynes ear's