United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Sparky***

We seriously need to get him a proper partner. It can't be easy with that wet lettuce next to you

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We seriously need to get him a proper partner. It can't be easy with that wet lettuce next to you
Would love us to whack £80m on the table for Lazio fella.

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He is £#%&!ing poor, nqat. That ball back to De Gea. That’s supposed to be his strength ffs.

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Would love us to whack £80m on the table for Lazio fella.
Napoli?

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Napoli?
Sorry, yeah.

Unread 29-01-2020, 10:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
There’s no point unless you have wing backs that can be effective both ways though.
Of course, AWB will have to massively improve his technical level to be a long term wing back, I could see him getting some time as the RCB, with a more natural attacker getting the wing back job.

Wing back is a tough role, takes a lot physically and needs talent on the ball to go with it.

Unread 30-01-2020, 12:05 AM
d_knight

Will slab head ever score a header?
What a waste of forehead.

Unread 30-01-2020, 07:21 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Will slab head ever score a header?
What a waste of forehead.
Ooooohhhh Fernandes!

He's going to get a few in the second half of the season with the balls the new lad can Whip in from a corner.

Unread 30-01-2020, 01:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Ooooohhhh Fernandes!

He's going to get a few in the second half of the season with the balls the new lad can Whip in from a corner.
What tune?

Unread 30-01-2020, 02:12 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
What tune?
Had Vienna in my head when I wrote it tbh

Edit:
Paul Pogba has gone, only Bruno and I
Pereira means nothing to me
Lingard means nothing to me
Oh, Fernandes…

Unread 04-02-2020, 09:45 AM
Red Santos

A solid season thus far from the captain. His form has picked up the past month

Good thing is I think there is more to come from him. The squad needs more personalities and leaders like him.

Our best centre-back followed by Smalling.

Unread 17-02-2020, 10:43 PM
AK14

Great again tonight and has really stepped up when we’ve needed him too

His celebration for his goal and at the end of the game show why he’s our captain

Could have had him sooner too...

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:05 PM
Pop

Top Red, massive head

Unread 18-02-2020, 07:37 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Top Red, massive head

He looks like that nutter who pushed the kid off the building.

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:15 AM
My Name is Keith

Was very good again. Looks like he’s been the captain for years. Was exactly what we lacked at the back and what the team lacked generally.

A leader.

A great acquisition.

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Was very good again. Looks like he’s been the captain for years. Was exactly what we lacked at the back and what the team lacked generally.

A leader.

A great acquisition.
Looking more solid at the back with every game and not afraid to take responsibility for the ball. Just as important, comes across as a leader who gets the respect of his teammates (and is willing to %@#$&! them of needed). Young and Valencia as captains? What were we thinking?

Unread 18-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Zorg

When was the last time we scored a header direct from a corner? It feels like it was so long ago that Billy Meredith provided the corner
Anyway, top captain's performance.

Unread 18-02-2020, 09:13 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Looking more solid at the back with every game and not afraid to take responsibility for the ball. Just as important, comes across as a leader who gets the respect of his teammates (and is willing to %@#$&! them of needed). Young and Valencia as captains? What were we thinking?
Valencia - famously a mute who couldn’t speak English. I know, let’s make him captain.

Unread 18-02-2020, 09:25 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

A leader.

A great acquisition.
Really growing into the role.

And there were nutters on here who thought Smalling was better

Unread 18-02-2020, 09:31 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Really growing into the role.

And there were nutters on here who thought Smalling was better

Very occasionally he was alright but 90% of the time he played like he been transported moments earlier Star Trek style from working on the deli counter at Asda onto the pitch at united. Everyone including him wondering what the £#%&! he was doing playing football. Him still wearing his deli hat and hair protector.

There’s still people who think Phil Jones is decent
Closed Thread